SP Musket Era Oriental Battle for Hindustan v 0.85 - Need Scene Builders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dariel

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hi all! As a (belated) Christmas present to the wonderful community here, I'm offering an alpha version of my mod, Battle for Hindustan.  This mod is based on historical early 16th century India, at the time of the Mughal invasion.  I lived in India for a year, so I got very inspired by Indian art, architecture, and history, especially the Mughal era since I lived in Delhi and practically got to see reminders of the Mughal influence every day I was there.

Battle for Hindustan is a work in progress, so the gameplay is still pretty much vanilla; I'll be adding kingdom management and some other features later, at the moment the mod consists mainly of new factions, items and troops. 

Features:
- 12 factions;
The Delhi Sultanate
The Mughal Empire
The Empire of Vijayanagar
Sultanate of Bengal
Sultanate of Gujarat
Bahmani Sultanate
Imadshahi Sultanate
Qutbshahi Sultanate
Adilshahi Sultanate
Chauhan Rajputs
Kacchwaha Rajputs
Zamorinate of Calicut

- 4 troop trees per faction: a peasant line, a noble cavalry line, foreign mercenaries, and elephants

- recruit from tavernkeeper (nobles, foreign mercenaries and elephants)

- hunting in hunting lodges

- your own kingdom name when you rebel

- revised character generation

Edited
Credits:
Chel for battle abilities scripts (I used the whistle for horse)
-IYI-O-R-T- for the new camel
Sibylla - for the tulwar, shamshir and saif models
Wei Xiadi - new scale armor textures
Amade - some of the headgear
Nijis - for teaching me how to work with the M&B module system (and also for the spired and veiled turbans)
Highlander - hunting mod source and deer models
WilliamBerne - elephant models and textures
Ibokula - items from the Hiung Nu mod
guspav  - items from Mesoamerica mod
Luigi- arquebuses
OSP Weapons team
OSP Helmets team
OSP Horses team
Thorgrim - for BRFedit and MapEditor
HokieBT - parties to tuples utility
kt0 - troops to tuples utility
knight - for Rise of the Khergits, which started me on the idea of modding
armagan - for the best game I've ever played

For those who've been following the Hari Ragat mod, you may be surprised that this just came out.  The truth is, I've been working on this from even before Hari Ragat, with all the items made and ready, and did the final coding of the factions over the past few days. :smile: With my year-end rush of work finally winding down, I'll be getting back to Hari Ragat, then hopefully with your suggestions and help I'll come back and add to this one.

Merry Christmas, and enjoy!

Download: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1614

Screenshots:

mb7_thumb.jpg

mb1_thumb.jpg

mb2_thumb.jpg

mb3_thumb.jpg

mb4_thumb.jpg

mb5_thumb.jpg

mb6_thumb.jpg

This is cool! It's also a very original, I do not think any other mods have made this. so it sounds great! When released it will probably keep me up all night! Good job!

EDIT: Elephants!  :shock:
By the way, do all of those factions have separate troop trees or just a common troop tree?

hmm,can't wait to download but is there a chance if not to much to ask for you to add some screen shoots plz

TIDM2 said:
This is cool! It's also a very original, I do not think any other mods have made this. so it sounds great! When released it will probably keep me up all night! Good job!

EDIT: Elephants!  :shock:
By the way, do all of those factions have separate troop trees or just a common troop tree?

Screenies up!

Each faction has its own troop tree.  You can recruit peasants at villages as in Native, but these usually upgrade to infantry and archers only, and not too high level. 

Nobles, usually serving as cavalry, are available at the tavernkeeper.

Each faction also has access to an elite foreign mercenary unit.  This reflects the trend at the time to hire men from nearby lands - Arabia, Afghanistan, the Central Asian steppes, Nepal, etc. - or from other ethnic groups within India such as the Bhils.

Each faction also has elephant troops available at the tavernkeeper.  To reflect their strength in elephants, the kingdoms of Vijaynagar and Calicut, as well as the Rajput clans, can upgrade noble troops to elephant troops as well. 

In general the Muslim sultanates will have good cavalry with good armor, while Hindu kingdoms will have lots of archers but relatively weak cavalry and LOTS of elephants.  The Rajput clans are a middle ground - pretty good everything, but their armor is not as good as the best Mughal or Delhi Sultanate armors, and their elephants not as powerful as the elephants of Vijaynagar and Calicut.

BTW, those of you familiar with Indian history may  be asking, 'Where's Sher Shah Suri and his kingdom?" 

My first answer is historical - I concentrated on kingdoms that existed at the time Babur invaded India, and Sher Shah did not rise to power until after that.  Also, Sher Shah did not establish a long-lived dynasty, while I concentrated on the more established kingdoms.

Second answer -- since I rather admire the guy's exploits, in my mind I was Sher Shah - in fact my playtest character is named Sher Shah :grin:

Oh wow, this amazing. Lots of work put into this one.

This is one mans work, no?

You need a team asap!

PS: I love how efficient/economical your texture work is. Manages to add alot to existing models.

Dang, this came out of no-where.  A very nice Christmas surprise.  Will download tonight and play tomorrow!

Thanks Dariel, looking forward to it.

Cool. But... were no europeans in India by that time? Portuguese/Dutch/Spanish/British? I would like to play with their equipment... (and join their faction).

whoops, popped out of nowhere, but looks really cool :smile:

the homepage link on the repository is http://forms.talewo/  :wink:

Oh, hey, about your download, why did you add all the txt's seperate of the Hindustan folder in the zip? Also; just tried Siege Defense and the Mughal Yigit spawn on horse inside the castle towers. :lol:

Revan Shan said:
Cool. But... were no europeans in India by that time? Portuguese/Dutch/Spanish/British? I would like to play with their equipment... (and join their faction).
There are some portuguese in. :wink: Dariel, it's pretty cool. Especially Hakim's equipment surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom