Battle doesn't end during siege with all troops dead

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, really loving the mod, but i've reached the stage in game where i'm trying to conquer castles, but whenever my troops die, the only option to end a battle is to press TAB and retreat, which results in huge penalties to my honor and adds controversy, is this the intended way to play? Also building siege weapons from scratch after a loss.

I've searched google and this forum but the only thing i could find is this reddit post that is unresolved: https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/mtmfx8/pop_tweak_to_lower_or_remove_the/

Last edited:
It is completely intentional. You retreat, you take penalties to your reputation. The mod doesn't allow for tactical retreats without penalties either, as otherwise it could be exploited with mass archers. Also the reason why the enemy sallies out when you bring too many ranged troops.

It is completely intentional. You retreat, you take penalties to your reputation. The mod doesn't allow for tactical retreats without penalties either, as otherwise it could be exploited with mass archers. Also the reason why the enemy sallies out when you bring too many ranged troops.
But i don't want to retreat, i just want the white text to pop up that says 'battle is over, you're defeated' which never comes... Enemies just stand there and wait for me to retreat, why? I'm not doing a tactical retreat, me and my men are dead, we LOST a siege, not retreating...

Things ive tried: 1) changing reinforcement waves 2) combat speed 3) disable troop routing 4) battle size 5) reinstall of module and game, verify integrity on steam. No idea what else to do.

Last edited:
Any lost battle was quite similar the last time I checked. Try a field battle with intentionally losing it. White text doesn't come up, unlike in case of winning. You have to wait half a minute or so for the screen to jump to the casualties overview, with flavor text about your defeat.

White text for continuation is for retreating/proceeding without penalties I'm afraid.

Besides, with your troops' defeat you HAVE to retreat, as only field parties can capture you iirc.

Can you try losing a siege battle and tell me if it works like mine does please?
Im just surprised because losing a field battle does brings up the casualties page but losing a siege battle doesnt.
I just checked and even losing a field battle never brings up the white text, huh... have i been playing the game the wrong way all this time? Or just save scumming too much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom