SP - General Battanian Armory

Users who are viewing this thread

Ulfhedinn_

Sergeant at Arms
Here, I’ll make some suggestions to developers about new armor for the Battania culture. Since this culture preserves the old traditions and we already have this type of armor in the game, I understand that Calradia is also open to more ideas from the ancient celts. So here are some outfits that I think are MISSING in Bannerlord:

1- New helmet fringed and without:

29750ac4162e8763587a91762cb379d6.jpg
120e76c11f980e5a4ee80fe6ec00569b.jpg

2- New shirtless pants and kilts with body paint:

a47365bd6b475c4a2d3c9f89cff7725a.jpg
15a8ab39e896dbb61d65016ddc7eaaa1.jpg
775ce568e733e7f71f1524e472e8437f.jpg

3- And more ideas for cloaks, clothes and armor:

bcabaefcceb22f9ff6eec77e21326126.jpg
guillaume-menuel-berserker02.jpg
georgi-georgiev-222222.jpg
db993a2bacb93dda2906c23a852c653c.jpg
0a05a3deaaeb4eeaeb63d36cfe41337d.jpg
9b4558a62fadcb7528bf70bc9a2f0244.jpg
daxjlw5-acdbb014-e177-403d-9670-a23379e5275c.jpg
roman-zawadzki-05-celts-heavy-infantry.jpg

4- And finally, obviously:

YBqtQTh.png

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't think that Battanian armoury will ever be a thing. The point of Swadian and Vaegir amoury is to add some anachronical late medieval beautiful stuff that shouldn't exist in the base game

I will make more suggestions for each culture, I started with Battania. If more equipment comes in the future, I made some suggestions.

To be honest, I don't think that Battanian armoury will ever be a thing. The point of Swadian and Vaegir amoury is to add some anachronical late medieval beautiful stuff that shouldn't exist in the base game
They did make things that would fit in just fine though, like the italo norman helmets.

And funny enough, these things do exist in the Eagle Rising mod. Almost all of them actually, save for woad.

Then your beliefs are wrong. Give the battanians Iron age celtic fullplate and throw a kilt over it. Give them giant winged, horned, and tusked helmets too.
Why though. Bannerlord is set in a rough antiquity era. That armour would look really weird. Its not even really Celtic in origin either, its very much a Roman thing.

Not for Battania... I would put in a minor faction of the empire, Embers os the Flame or Hidden Hand. But definitely not for Battania.
Anyway I think this armor is not MISSING in the universe of Calradia. My proposal is to add things that are clearly missing.

Why though. Bannerlord is set in a rough antiquity era. That armour would look really weird. Its not even really Celtic in origin either, its very much a Roman thing.
The armor of the Crupellarii gladiator aswell as "roman" lamellar was likely adopted by the romans from the gaulish celts as Tacitus refers to the armor as being their "national dress", evidence shows that it may have it's origins with the scythians or more likely be a adaption of earlier IE lamellar armor.

I'd never heard of the Crupellarii until today and I consider my knowledge of armour of the period to be quite good. Regardless of anything else - I'm glad to learn something new.

I'd never heard of the Crupellarii until today and I consider my knowledge of armour of the period to be quite good. Regardless of anything else - I'm glad to learn something new.
Babylonians invented the arch, concrete was discovered by either the Egyptians or Dravidians (or possibly even older). everything you think is roman is stolen.

Battanian Crupellarii Armor
iu
That's ****ing wild, read some of the excerpts from Tacitus on the Wiki, even more wild lol. Seeing full manica and full helms is definitely making me brain spool a bit but really cool.

But damn, imagine wearing full scale / laminated armor bad out of 1/4 inch iron plates?

That's ****ing wild, read some of the excerpts from Tacitus on the Wiki, even more wild lol. Seeing full manica and full helms is definitely making me brain spool a bit but really cool.

But damn, imagine wearing full scale / laminated armor bad out of 1/4 inch iron plates?
think thats weird? it has a cousin in india called Sindhi Armor.
DP151781.jpg

Back
Top Bottom