Users who are viewing this thread

Rhade said:
That's way too long.

All you have to write:

Is the map somewhat open?

Drop shields for range (if needed).
Spread out to campable positions.
Shoot.
Have two people buy heavy horses, hold right click and W.

Is the map somewhat closed?

Shoot.
Have one person buy a heavy horse, hold right click and W.

All the same, hopefully the "newness" of Bannerlord will attract new people, at which point you'll actually have an ability to help new players because there will actually be new players.
We get it. You lost UNAC and you're frustrated.

Rhade said:
That's way too long.

All you have to write:

Shoot.

Shoot.

BkS a new clan or something?

Rhade said:
That's way too long.

All you have to write:

Shoot.

Shoot.

All the same, hopefully the "newness" of Bannerlord will attract new people, at which point you'll actually have an ability to help new players because there will actually be new players.
In normal* matches you can't buy heavy horses in the first round, rhade.

eu

Noxtravibur said:
Golradir said:
Ceasar said:
sotamursu123 said:
How to deal with losing?

When losing, remember to keep calm, it's just a game. It's not the end of the world.

Go home, thats bullcrap, losing is the end of the world. pls.
For gods sake ceasar, fix your personal text already. It's painful not painfull :neutral:

I thought it was painfully D:
Well yes, but a word like painful never ends with 2 l's. Only full itself :O

All I want to say is that my steam is not working  on computer right now but if you did see it you would see 734 hours of peer badassness ;D.
probobally the biggest problem new players make is hiding behind there shields. Its a treat for dem vets to spamm away at a new players shield with a two handed axe. the thing you got to remember is hiding behind your shield neeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrr does you any good when against other infantry. against archers holding up that big chunk of wood to stop big chunks of flying spiky thingies is good.  Other than that all you need to do is be smart. Two handers were always the better weapons anyway.

Until you got headshotted halfway across the map. Or fighting one inf and an archer starts shooting you.

Mr_hankie_elite said:
All I want to say is that my steam is not working  on computer right now but if you did see it you would see 734 hours of peer badassness ;D.
probobally the biggest problem new players make is hiding behind there shields. Its a treat for dem vets to spamm away at a new players shield with a two handed axe. the thing you got to remember is hiding behind your shield neeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrr does you any good when against other infantry. against archers holding up that big chunk of wood to stop big chunks of flying spiky thingies is good.  Other than that all you need to do is be smart. Two handers were always the better weapons anyway.

Sorry but two handers really don't exist much in the competitive scene. The problem with them is that their utility is just far less than having a polearm. They can deal high damage, but for breaking a shield you are only looking at one or two more hits than a 1H axe, they can stun, but so can polearms. Hammers are used sometimes although not much given your vulnerability if you end up 1 on 1, but they can at least instantly deal damage.

So in terms of advantages there are actually very few, and the disadvantages are many. You cannot safely take on any combination of two opponents (i.e. two inf or inf + archer), couching cavalry, rangers, infantry with throwing weapons. The shield is just too vital and players too skilled to let someone run about without one. That's not to even touch on the cost of them either, they tend to be very expensive investments for any 1000 gold first round build (which most teams will base tactics and team setups on).

Mr_hankie_elite said:

I dare you to form up a little team with ~7 players, challenge wK to a little scrim... and go in with nothing but a 2 hander.

I am sure you will come and delete this post right after you die within the first 5 seconds of every round.

We are talking about competitive warband here, not pubbing.

valent69 said:
Mr_hankie_elite said:

I dare you to form up a little team with ~7 players, challenge wK to a little scrim... and go in with nothing but a 2 hander.

I am sure you will come and delete this post right after you die within the first 5 seconds of every round.

Mr_hankie_elite said:
against archers holding up that big chunk of wood to stop big chunks of flying spiky thingies is good.

Mr.X said:
valent69 said:
Mr_hankie_elite said:

Mr_hankie_elite said:
against archers holding up that big chunk of wood to stop big chunks of flying spiky thingies is good.

:roll: O.K. Let me rephrase it to something a little more literal and obvious for you X.

*I am sure you will come and delete this post right after you die within the first 5 seconds of every round. engagement in which you pull your 2-hander out. *

Besides... if you buy a 2 hander... you won't have enough money to buy a  good shield... so I would still easily be able to shoot you over and under the shield... so GG. (And that's even assuming you manage to pull it up in time. It's not like I haven't killed people with shields in their hands.)

valent69 said:
Mr.X said:
valent69 said:
Mr_hankie_elite said:

Mr_hankie_elite said:

:roll: O.K. Let me rephrase it to something a little more literal and obvious for you X.
oh please.
Just asking you to read what he's saying mate.
He said turtling is bad and will get you nowhere, and it's better to play smart, and that new players often have trouble getting past the idea of how safe a shield is to be able to use it smartly.

Mr_hankie_elite said:
the thing you got to remember is hiding behind your shield neeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrr does you any good when against other infantry.Two handers were always the better weapons anyway.

Well **** X, I have terrible reading comprehension then. Fk me.
It also seems like we have all been playing the game wrong all along.

As if turtling, isn't vital in many situations in competitive team play.
And if shields are the worst thing to have... then why is the spreading of shields to everyone in your team one of the biggest parts of competitive play nowadays?

Back
Top Bottom