MP Tutorial Scenes Basic Guide On Mapping (Scene Making) In Napoleonic Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Namakan said:
Ottoman2007 said:
Is it possible to change the mod of a map originally made in NW for siege, from siege to conqest simply by adding necessary entry points for conqest? If yes, whatelse shld be done to mk it run on the MP Server?
It should work like that I think.
Yes it works, but you you have to copy the SceneObj File AND the Codes in Scenes.txt of the map you want to transfer.

Q: You said for adding this map on a Server you have to add Entry Point 0 and 32. But the Author of this Post wrote:

Entry Points And How To Use Them

Entry points are items that have designated scripts attached to them. Select 'Entry Point' from the drop-down menu and press 'Space Bar' so you can see the entry point. We'll start with spawns.

For team one spawn, you need to place 32 entry points in the location you want them to spawn in.

You then need to right click each entry point you laid down and edit the variable, giving each one a number from 0 to 31.

For team 2, you lay down 31 entry points where you want them to spawn and name the first one '32' up till '63'. So the basic concept is :

Team 1: 0-31
Team 2: 32-63

You also use entry points to determine your game mode. Using Siege as an example, place an entry point where you want the flag to be, then type in the variable '66'.

Now when you launch in siege mode, you will see that flag. Here are some other entry point numbers you need taken from other tutorials:

Zitat

Siege Setup:

Defender Flag = Entry point 66

Conquest Setup:

Make sure to place the correct entry points in the correct game mode.

Entery Points - Place the entry points near the flag you would like the team to spawn.
    Entry point 64 = Team 1 flag
    Entry point 65 = Team 2 flag

Scene Prop - Flag scene props for either team to cap.
    headquarters_flag_red"    - Team 1 Flag
    headquarters_flag_blue"  - Team 2 Flag
    headquarters_flag_gray"  - Neutral Flag

-------------------------------------------------------
    Arch3r talks about other game modes:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,89831.0.html

So: Question is: Should i add Entry Point 0-31 for Team 1 and 32-61 for Team 2 or should I  add , as you wrote , EntryPoint 0 and 32 ?

(Q2: Does anybody know how to add NEW Map to Server? Not overwrite an existing one.
EDIT: in strings.txt you cann add your map to NW. You can host you Map (for example: Map123) but every Button is wrong. "Start Map" is "Back"...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400280321]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400280321 )
Thank You

Hi.
Does anyone have any idea what the AI mesh ID box does?
I want to mesh a wall that bots don't try to run through until it is destroyed. Does anyone know how to do this?

Prince Oberyn Martell said:
Hi.
Does anyone have any idea what the AI mesh ID box does?
I want to mesh a wall that bots don't try to run through until it is destroyed. Does anyone know how to do this?
Maybe this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61126.0.html can help you? :grin:

So i made a nice small map however to avoid a lot of extra stuff and any challenges i might face i foolishly decided to make it in the testing map. however as i later discovered the testing map can only be played in scene editing mode. i was wondering if anyone knew how i could keep all my work but have it playable in other modes than scene editing

I made some maps on Napoleonic Wars but when I play them on any game mode, the artillery is locked and you cannot spawn with it, is there a fix for this? I changed the map back to the original one and the artillery is back on and you can spawn with it.  :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

I have seen some people before me asked about custom map sizes and I found this topic http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,222183.0.html. So I get it has something to do with the code in scenes.txt something like 0x0000000229? I also saw this comment in the topic.

EDIT: Oh, and remove the existing scn_*.sco, as they're somewhat pre-formatted and only accept the changes until the boundaries of the old size.

But I still got black ground when I tried to copy the code I think is about scene size from random desert large over the one of the map I am editing.

Also is there any way to see the actual border of the scene? Because when I test it there is an inaccessible zone before the edge of the map which makes the scene even smaller.

Hi there ' I have a very important question about making scene in mount and blade warband

I want to create a scene that Bots automatically spawn in a real place and then they attack players also they have a boss

it 's like an Invasion server ' please tell me how can I create that scene ? (Invasion scene)

Hello fellow mount and blade'rs xD

I am currently doing a scene, a castle for multiplayer. But i got 1 big problem, i already completed the castle about 1/3. The problem is that i can only place 1 prop, then when i place the next prob it shows me a different size as it places....  :evil:  :mad:
So i have to reload the map everytime i place a Prob that's pretty annoying!!!!!  :neutral:

Could anyone help me there?

Thanks!

Philippe

Im working on a couple of maps, and i work in a kinda weird way where i often end up not filling the whole maps out. And just placing barries to end the maps. I find it makes for better maps. But when i use the maps for either Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch, people spawn out side the barries in the waste space witch is rather annoying. Is there away to fix this? i assume its has something to do with the entry points, i just havnet been able to find anything about it.

Wvq0zsj.jpg

@Sherlock Holmes, it was not the randomized scale, but it was just normal that every second scene you place would switch size, i just had to repick it so it got back to regular size. Thanks! :razz:  :iamamoron: :mrgreen:
@last post  Looks good that map!Is it for some mod?

phil-x said:
@Sherlock Holmes, it was not the randomized scale, but it was just normal that every second scene you place would switch size, i just had to repick it so it got back to regular size. Thanks! :razz:  :iamamoron: :mrgreen:
@last post  Looks good that map!Is it for some mod?

Im making a bounch of maps for Blood and Iron just for fun :smile:
Here some more screenshots if u care
8UtIXYw.jpg

gYmRDzA.jpg

1Js883n.jpg

http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=32737.0

Just having troublem with DM And TDM spawns. But i gues its not possible to make maps ready for Battle and Conquest and DM/TDM. oh well

Back
Top Bottom