SP - General Base of Operation

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi!

I would very much like to have my base of operation.

Base/core suggestion - Capital feature
Feature: Rally-point/respawn point

For unlanded player, the tavern of a random city of the player culture are functionally the player´s "home".
Home is relocated once awarded the first fief, to the keep of the counquered fief.
I can change capital via clan-interface if I hold multiple castles and/or towns.

It´s the place where freed prisoners of my clan respawn and so on.

A home for my fiends - AI Capitals
Not necessary but a nice-to-have - and I think it´s partually there already. Might need only some UI clarification
Also vassal AI clans has a dedicated capital if landed. The first fief on their list is their capital
If not landed, the Kings capital i default for any AI vassal clans.
Non Party-leading members of the clans are likely to be found in their capital.

A basic house of my own - Immersive Extension 2
Feature: Children are visually at home, along with other clan-members

An unlanded player can select any city on the map as his home. Default is least prosperous city of player culture. A small house with spartan interier is available as player´s home, reachable from city menu.
Lore-wise this is the home the familly left but did not sell. A plus if the house interier immerse a bit with the family background.

I can see children of my clan here.
A basic wardrobe where I can buy civilian outfits for my clan-members

A home of my taste - Immersive Extension 3
Feature: Fiests and bards

Player can invest in a luxier estate, upgrading it or the keep´s interier to a palace with proper selectable look'n feel.
An immersive moneysink.
An advanced wardrobe where I can buy extravagant civilian outfits for my clan-members.
Nobles can be invited to fiests and show up randomly for a boardgame, chit-chat ETC.
A bard is playing music and reciting poems.

Rich AI does the same. Visiting capital keeps could be interensting. If there were conversations with nobles inhabbiting the keeps about art aetistics and culture, it would be very nice. Maybe a little "art-challenge" - If player expresses same taste as the NPC, a tiny relation-bonus is awarded.

i really enjoy the mercenary stage of the game. that being said i never stay a mercenary because you cant have a place of your own. when you reach a high enough clan tier you should be able to hold a single castle and still take mercenary contracts. Many mercenary groups throughout history had strongholds or small bits of land to call their own. if they cant allow us to hold an actual castle they should just roll it into the bandit hold mechanic and let you spawn a hold and slap a small fort down in it w/ a house and some features rolled in from various keep scenes. this would give the player a base to go back to. a place to store some backup troops and stash important gear you dont want to lose on capture.

i really enjoy the mercenary stage of the game. that being said i never stay a mercenary because you cant have a place of your own. when you reach a high enough clan tier you should be able to hold a single castle and still take mercenary contracts. Many mercenary groups throughout history had strongholds or small bits of land to call their own. if they cant allow us to hold an actual castle they should just roll it into the bandit hold mechanic and let you spawn a hold and slap a small fort down in it w/ a house and some features rolled in from various keep scenes. this would give the player a base to go back to. a place to store some backup troops and stash important gear you dont want to lose on capture.
+1 i see here hassan-i-sabbah vibes. I also made a suggestion, which would give it a maximum of hassan-i-sabbah vibe. If you want check it out

would very much like to have my base of operation.

Base/core suggestion - Capital feature
Feature: Rally-point/respawn point

For unlanded player, the tavern of a random city of the player culture are functionally the player´s "home".
Home is relocated once awarded the first fief, to the keep of the counquered fief.
I can change capital via clan-interface if I hold multiple castles and/or towns.

It´s the place where freed prisoners of my clan respawn and so on.
I do hope the first part of the suggestion at least is reconsidered in the future.
This would prevent you from chasing your clan members all over the map if they are released or have escaped.

In the future this could be extended with a court system and a messenger service by mods or by Taleworlds.

I don't think we currently have a plan regarding the feature written here. Perhaps as the game matures, features like this can be discussed.
For the future many of us would like a Skyrim style base of operations.

With somewhere to store gold, armour and weapons, ironman mode could force us to escape from imprisonment with only civilian clothes, a knife and no money for a challenging trek back home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom