Bartering leveling exploit, 1 denar for 1 denar

Users who are viewing this thread

Camille_9999 is correct. Not a single thing is needed for this current exploit to work. I found this out by mistake when traveling to track down a lord to trade him one of his captured comrades for my wife. I had selected the wrong lord in a pack, and when I bartered, realized this. However, I noticed that the gift button was lit up so I clicked it.

The result, with nothing offered in either side, was 3 levels of charm and a "Successful" barter. I was able to do this multiple times with the same lord, and even several times with the others riding with him. All in all, a very exploitable bug that needs fixed.

If you take away this "exploit" how are you supposed to level up charm then? I have not seen it go up by any means so far.

Before I found this exploit, I leveled my charm on quests that required the use of dialogue options, like the Kidnapped Daughter and Family Feud. Also, there are chances for charm increase when dealing with enemy lords that are defeated in battle. Sure, you pass up on some money for selling them to the slavers, but you get increased charm and approval from their faction, which can be useful if you intend to start your own kingdom.

I would suggest joining an army as a mercenary earlier on and getting into battles. This should serve 3 purposes. Getting needed experience for your troops, offering your money and influence, and the chance to capture lords, which I found gave me several levels of charm early on by letting them go.

I won't disagree that there ought to be slightly higher gains in charm leveling, but I'd hate to see an exploit be used for that purpose. Anything resolving an issue with conversation instead of getting into combat boosts charm. Hope that helps some.

Before I found this exploit, I leveled my charm on quests that required the use of dialogue options, like the Kidnapped Daughter and Family Feud. Also, there are chances for charm increase when dealing with enemy lords that are defeated in battle. Sure, you pass up on some money for selling them to the slavers, but you get increased charm and approval from their faction, which can be useful if you intend to start your own kingdom.

I would suggest joining an army as a mercenary earlier on and getting into battles. This should serve 3 purposes. Getting needed experience for your troops, offering your money and influence, and the chance to capture lords, which I found gave me several levels of charm early on by letting them go.

I won't disagree that there ought to be slightly higher gains in charm leveling, but I'd hate to see an exploit be used for that purpose. Anything resolving an issue with conversation instead of getting into combat boosts charm. Hope that helps some.
Currently a lot of skills feels very, very grindy. Maybe I am too early in the campaign, but getting charm to 150 was a pain! Holy s! I had to barter with gazillion nobles to get there.

You're not wrong. A lot still feels that way. I believe the devs are aware, and will definitely look into balancing that more as the game becomes more stable. I'm with you, though. A few of my skills are abysmally low because its too grindy and I'm not interested in that much for those skills. To be fair, my charm is only 102, but I've been doing a lot of frontier hunting lately anyway.

Back
Top Bottom