Barter (give) fiefs to original factions ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone know, or tried bartering/giving fiefs back to original factions with the 'Everything has a price' skill ? I currently have trade skill of 202, but my character is getting quite old so I don't know if I will get there in time to try this, despite investing character background in trade.

Please let me know if any of you have tried this and whether it works, and what limits there are if it does (I hope it does, as it would provide a way to currently keep some factions from being completely wiped from a campaign, to return to start).

I am pretty sure this works. I haven't done it myself as I have never managed to get to the perk. I have however watched Halylion's youtube videos and he does it, Should check them out.

Unfortunately the perk being at 300 now means that its going to be very hard to get. I just got to 225 after 10 years of game play and I've been trading a lot. It is also going to be expensive in terms of skill points. a minimum of 7 attribute points and 5 focus points I think. obviously with only 7 attribute points the final levels to 300 will likely be very slow. Hopefully they add passive experiance to trade skill from caravans or something to make it a bit more reasonable.

Unfortunately the perk being at 300 now means that its going to be very hard to get.

In fact it become worthless, you have to invest so many attr and focus points that your character gets penalized in all other areas and, even doing this, you requiere a lot of time and trading activity to get it.

In fact it become worthless, you have to invest so many attr and focus points that your character gets penalized in all other areas and, even doing this, you requiere a lot of time and trading activity to get it.
Yeah it's a bit of a joke to be honest. My last game was 10 ingame years and 70+ hours gametime. I was trading a lot and for the first time reached 225. 300 is basically taking it out of reach of 95% of players.

I don't get the obsession with nerfing things like this into the ground. They should be looking to make the game more fun rather than even more of a repeatitve grind than it already is. The worst of it is that until they sort out kingdom management, that perk is pretty much essential for giving out feifs you own to vassells. In the end I'll probably just resort to mods. I see there's one that gives passive trade experiance from caravans.

Anyone know, or tried bartering/giving fiefs back to original factions with the 'Everything has a price' skill ? I currently have trade skill of 202, but my character is getting quite old so I don't know if I will get there in time to try this, despite investing character background in trade.

Please let me know if any of you have tried this and whether it works, and what limits there are if it does (I hope it does, as it would provide a way to currently keep some factions from being completely wiped from a campaign, to return to start).
Yes, you can give/trade a fief to any lord that will barter with you (not in war).
I've tried it both with my faction lords and with other faction (including already wiped original faction). And since the ruling clan does not defect even after all fiefs are gone, you can always meet some of their representatives and give the fief.

When I reviewed the code, I saw that this perk works. bannerlordperks.com also shows this as a working perk. That said, I agree that they make it really hard to get, I don't think it should be up so high in the tree.

When I reviewed the code, I saw that this perk works. bannerlordperks.com also shows this as a working perk. That said, I agree that they make it really hard to get, I don't think it should be up so high in the tree.
Maybe 225 was a bit easy but i dont think so tbh. 250 would have been a much better compromise than moving it to 300.

To get any skill to 300 i am sure you need 5 focus points and at least 7 attribute points. That is basically taking all of your attribute points for the first 20 levels as well as some of those you start with

Even having it at 225 is a significant grind. My character is 50 something years of age. Now at trade skill 209. Unless you are a dedicated merchant (not splitting time doing other activities) it will take forever. Unless of course you happen to camp outside of besieged settlements to resupply them when prices reflect the absent goods in the settlement afterwards (I still did this a fair bit anyway).

I always keep 4k units of grain with my party at the very least, at all times. If the experience from owning caravans actually went through to the player, it likely wouldn't be nearly as bad.

I think the reason why they make it so high in the tree is because this skill litterally allows you to purchase/sell fiefs for money, which i guess is the intended use of the skill (basically showing you became so good/accomplished as a merchant that you can buy your way into nobility). Once you are swimming in cash, this skill would probably be quite OP.

The problem is for most player this is not the way they want to use this feature, instead we want to use it as a tool for diplomacy (e.g. invite clan in exchange for fief) or restore a faction through force for RP or relations points. Which, like most Clan/Kingdom management features, shouldn't require any skill at all, but maybe a given clan rank.

I don't think they should move down this skill in the tree but what they should do is either make the damn feature for granting/relinquishing fiefs already, or temporarily unlock this ability for everyone until they get that feature in.

I think the reason why they make it so high in the tree is because this skill litterally allows you to purchase/sell fiefs for money, which i guess is the intended use of the skill (basically showing you became so good/accomplished as a merchant that you can buy your way into nobility). Once you are swimming in cash, this skill would probably be quite OP.

The problem is for most player this is not the way they want to use this feature, instead we want to use it as a tool for diplomacy (e.g. invite clan in exchange for fief) or restore a faction through force for RP or relations points. Which, like most Clan/Kingdom management features, shouldn't require any skill at all, but maybe a given clan rank.

I don't think they should move down this skill in the tree but what they should do is either make the damn feature for granting/relinquishing fiefs already, or temporarily unlock this ability for everyone until they get that feature in.
I can agree withy most of that.

Even if they had just waited until they implement kingdom management before they moved it so far up the tree.

That is literally why I want it. I have plenty of money. Even without exploiting the smithed items, selling the loot from battles will get you most of your income, certainly the most important for the the first 30K alongside selling prisoners.

For this skill will help aid my attempts of the INFINITE CAMPAIGN (which I hope TW will add more mechanics for this to become feasible).

Back
Top Bottom