Barren Lands (v2.02 patch Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

merik60 said:
I tried what you said about having to look in the folder but it still isn't there for me.
So you download the mod and extract it. Then you have a folder called 'Barren Lands 1.3'.
Open that folder, and inside you'll find a folder called Barren Lands. Place that folder in the modules folder in the M&B directory.
Then launch the game and choose Barren Lands.

Adorno said:
merik60 said:
I tried what you said about having to look in the folder but it still isn't there for me.
So you download the mod and extract it. Then you have a folder called 'Barren Lands 1.3'.
Open that folder, and inside you'll find a folder called Barren Lands. Place that folder in the modules folder in the M&B directory.
Then launch the game and choose Barren Lands.

In the newest version it is "Barren Lands 1.3".

Adorno said:
Sweet. Now I get to kill lords  :razz:

I completely agree with this statement.

HEY, wait! How do I kill these guys? I have one of them held hostage but there's no conversation option to murderize him.

does this mod change the native animations?

i wnted to play it with the ac-mod from maxhardman

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57607.0.html

but i get a rgl error :sad:

i already could implant the acm into other mods without problems and love the new combat animations.

Morrowind Mod Man said:
HEY, wait! How do I kill these guys? I have one of them held hostage but there's no conversation option to murderize him.

You have to be in a faction that is at war with the faction of the lord you have hostage. Then you can kill him.

:sad: Dizzamn. And here I wanted to begin my life as a pirate by murderizing a lord and jacking his bow. I guess I'll just become a mercenary and then never show up for battles after I off this guy.

possum said:
does this mod change the native animations?

i wnted to play it with the ac-mod from maxhardman

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57607.0.html

but i get a rgl error :sad:

i already could implant the acm into other mods without problems and love the new combat animations.

My mod shouldn't change any animations. Maybe the new animations break savegames?

KorpiSoturi said:
My mod shouldn't change any animations. Maybe the new animations break savegames?

dont think so, the mod just stop loading after the "intro".
it stops at the beginning loading screen while processing the ini file. the interesting thing is that after i remove the mod and all entries manually the error remains and i have to reinstall the mod to make it run again.

seems like i have to play the mod without the new animations.

btw. can you implant the new animations to the next version of your mod? ... if you are working on it.

possum said:
It stops at the beginning loading screen while processing the ini file. The interesting thing is that after I remove the mod and all entries manually the error remains and i have to reinstall the mod to make it run again.

I tried to add the animations myself and they worked just fine. Are you sure you installed the Animations mod correctly? Did you remember to add "load_module_resource = new_animations" to module.ini?

i hope so,

- first i replaced the mod action.txt with the one from the ac-mod.
- then i put the new_animations.bfr into the ...\Barren Lands 1.3\Resource folder
- and added the "load_module_resource = new_animations" at the end of the module.ini of your mod, right below the "show_party_ids_instead_of_names = 0" row.

EDIT::::....

now i know what happend...

after you wrote that the mod worked for you i decided to check the whole module.ini and what i found really suprised my.

one line was put into another one, it looked like this:

load_resource = meshes_face_gen load_resource = helpers

that caused the error but now it is working fine. i guess i will never find out how that could happen every time i tried to install the mod... sometimes i think my pc is alive and loves it to make my life a bit more difficult.

...hope he wont notice what i am writing here

thx for the upload.

one thing:

some raider shields are invisible, not sure if any other troops are missing the shields too because i fought only one battle.

I have problems in the shops some kind of rgl error for shields armors and so on. And those things don't have textures. I hope it is something easy to solve, since I like the mod.

Back
Top Bottom