OSP 3D Art Barf's face models

Users who are viewing this thread

Barf said:
thank you, Amade is trying to kill me by making me do curls...I took some pics of my mug this morning with the digital camera
I look like a mexican gangster straight out of GTA (not done obviously I failed to realize the need for a picture of my profile so I will have to take another picture).
face2.jpg

:lol: Sorry 'bout that, but I noticed that there's a distinct lack of curls in most games. Everyone has long flowing or wavy hair, why not curls, eh? Don't worry if it can't be done though, was just an idle thought of mine. If curls could be done maybe we can have realistic looking afro hairdos as well :razz:

at most I would be able to make wavy hair, since using an alpha to simulate curls is very hard....but I do like a challenge.

gonna have to desaturate this one a little bit I think....especially the eyebrows.
I think I might remove the hair I drew in also, in favor of a bald-cap.
and I just noticed the ear on this one looks weird.

Awesome work that looks perfect.  Now I can make a character who looks like me the time I shaved my head short like that. 

....im glad someone finally caught that :p
I already replaced the ear texture in this picture, so this one is 100% and im going to go back and make the ones I already did the same quality.
mb10.jpg

I like baked beans... I always have a can of it with me while I'm working overnight.

Barf: We'll also need balding hair with a few strands of hair teased across the top (instead of the partially shaved head look we have currently) :grin:

thanks, it made me laugh because amidst all the scandal in that thread what you were concerned about was whether or not other countries had baked beans ^_^

Amade, like homer simpson's hair?, im probably picturing it wrong.....and I can't find any pictures of justin timberlake balding.

Yeah, something like that. Though it doesn't have to be Justin Timberlake balding :razz:

I feel there's a need for more variety of less fashionable hairdos, at least for NPCs if players don't want to use them.

noted, I will remember to include hideous hairstyles for the less stylish populace.

so uh....short answer, solid body first then planes with alphas.

long answer
I am still not really experienced with this yet but you'll always want alpha's for hair, at least at the tips so it doesn't look as blocky.
Ideally you want to use alpha's to simulate depth and perturb the silhouette of the hair.

You should create a skull cap to give you a starting point.
duplicate the head-mesh and delete all the faces except the ones where you would expect to see hair so you are left with what looks like a form fitting skull cap.
(keep the skullcap for more hair-styles later but remember to use a different skullcap for the girls head.)

I think the skull-cap part should probably always be done but the rest of everything I wrote here can just be improvised,
because I haven't actually made any low-poly long hair yet and everything is only in my brain..... :oops:

move the points of the skull-cap to match the basic hair shape you are going for.
then more obvious things like cutting a hairline (if one exists) can be done or extruding some of the surrounding edges to make long hair...
at some point you will almost certaintly be adding hair "chunks" (pieces of hair with alpha's)
when you do, it is probably in your best interest to make one hair chunk and duplicate as need be to different area's of the hair, and then modify it later.

yeah i noticed when I posted the pics but I just ignored it :razz: will be fixed it only takes 1 sec

mohawk, I plan on making a thinner one, shouldn't take too long....I realize a mohawk doesn't fit in with a great deal of mods
but because this will be an OSP when its released it will be up to the modder as to which haircuts to include.
btw its not crooked, its just the angle
mohawk.jpg
ponytail (i forgot to add clumps of hair to cover sideburns) fixed
pony-tail.jpg

Albertus Magnus said:
Is that you?

nah im the weirdo on page 3 with the black hair.....I still gotta fix that texture.

Back
Top Bottom