Since Beast #5 is postponed and not everybody is interested in the Nations' Cup, I sat down and with the help with Aeronwen I came up with a small event that I hope to be entertaining. Teams will face each other in quick succession so long frustrating stomping matches will hopefully not happen.
Note: This tournament is not supposed to be extremly competetive and it's mainly target at teams that are largely not participating in the NC.
The rules will be largely kept from the previous Beast tournaments.
The key features of this tournament are:
- we have a fixed time. Matches will be played every Sunday between 19:00-21:30 BST.
- every week teams will be divided in blocks of four / five. Each Sunday every team within each block will play 1 set against each other. So in a group of four your team will face three other teams once.
- once each team has played, they will be sorted first by Round Difference and then by Rounds Won. Teams will be awarded points 4-1 (0 in groups of five) from the first to last team in each block. Points, RW, RL and RD will be captured in a ladder.
-each week (with the exception of beginnings of the finals) new blocks will be formed based on the ladder. The ladder will be first sorted by points, then by round difference and lastly rounds won. This way more skillful teams will face each other.
-For the final we're looking at each teams top 3 performances. Let's say your teams has played in 4 block during the tournament. You have won 1 block (4pts) got 2nd place twice (3pts each) and landed fourth place once (1 pts) we will only look at your top 3 results. This would sum up to 10 points in total here. Maximum possible are 12 points. That means tems don't need to play every week of the event. Teams can drop in and out of the competition.
- For the finals we are forming blocks based the top 3 performances only.
One tournament week would look somehwat like this:
1. Monday we declare maps and sort the table.
2. Teams have until Thursday to sign up for the Match on Sunday. When teams sign up they are allowed to pick one faction for each set they play. Teams have to choose a different faction for every set. By declaring a faction you're agreeing to play.
3. Friday we will form the blocks and the order of match ups within a group. That way counter picking factions shouldn't be possible.
Sunday between about 19:00-21:30 BST the sets will be played.
As usual: keep in mind that thanks to the nature of early access the adminstration's tools are limited and the game is not in a finished state yet.
If you wish to sign up please fill out the following form. It's required to have at least one contact person from this forum.
[B]Team Name: Team Tag: Contact 1:[/B] (Taleworlds & Steam) [B]Contact 2:[/B] (Taleworlds & Steam) [B]Banner: Roster:[/B] [spoiler]Player Name -& Steam[/spoiler]
If you don't have a team but want to play anyway, you can sign up as a free agent and wait for one of the teams to recruit you.
We're looking at about 5-6 weeks of tournament. Starting next week.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. I'll try to update the thread in case additional information is requested by the teams.