bannersketch

Users who are viewing this thread

I really dislike what they did with the "improved armor" perk on Legionaries (the one you used on the first soldier from left).

If they wanted to go full byzantine, but did the mistake of naming Empire`s highest tier infantry "legionary", why didn`t they go with something like this:
1ae4911cb3ada06f12ce864229b8dada.jpg

or this:
aRjG1oy_700bwp.webp

or IMO the best choice something like this:
31f8f8eef159cf82ff3179ec2b1ea0d5--frank-morrison-knight-armor.jpg
The last one is clearly byzantine, from the era of which Bannerlord gets its inspiration, looks can pass as a "legionary", and also gives the image of strength and supreme power, as the elite soldiers of mighty Calradian Empire should !

The way it is now, it has a not so impressive , somewhat byzantine scale armor, early roman-style leather shoulder pads, and with the "improved armor" perk the armor looks like its stuffed with feathers.

I really like the one in the middle, no mistake which faction that soldier belongs to and what class he is, also the little colored tracks arround the neck would be a great substitutiom to the hideous unicolor armor ! Great work !
Actually, that can totaly pass as a legionary instead of the existing one, i wouldn't mind.

CKyHC said:
RoboSenshi said:
I would have loved for at least there to be some variations in the three empire factions. One can stay byzantine inspired while others could also be more Western Roman Empire inspired. I know some early concept art alluded to it but I can't remember where I saw it. It was a drawing of a soldier that looked very much like a roman legionary.

this is
tWlOloGDwWQ.jpg

oXRde_xJIps.jpg
Yes! This is what I was thinking off. It looked really good to me.

Terco_Viejo said:
Piconi said:
@Terco

Taleworlds doesen't seem to stick tightly to their inspirational contexts, so one can hopetm  :grin:, and perhaps smething simmilar to this can be used as only a captains armor in Captain mode or for the minor faction Legion of the Betrayed.....

Regardless, the native "legionary" just doesent fit with the empire, not in the name, nor in looks of what it should represent. To me he looks more like a medieval serbian spearman  ?
I would like to see a very very different legionary to what we currently have.
Other Empire units are fine to me tho.
True, however you have to have knowledge about the wheel to later design bicycles... :lol:

After arranging a little the items that Taleworlds has at its disposal and adding small details such as adding next to the existing in-game
"Deir el-Medina" helmet models such as the late roman "Intercisa" or the Byzantine "snail" we get a strong personality in each of the troops (I think so). I believe that it is too "feudal-ish" to implement the coat of mail to protect the feet (Mail stockings) of some imperial troops. Taleworlds sins a lot in its use...

That is almost exactly what I had in mind. Amazing.

Terco_Viejo said:
Piconi said:
@Terco

Taleworlds doesen't seem to stick tightly to their inspirational contexts, so one can hopetm  :grin:, and perhaps smething simmilar to this can be used as only a captains armor in Captain mode or for the minor faction Legion of the Betrayed.....

Regardless, the native "legionary" just doesent fit with the empire, not in the name, nor in looks of what it should represent. To me he looks more like a medieval serbian spearman  ?
I would like to see a very very different legionary to what we currently have.
Other Empire units are fine to me tho.

True, however you have to have knowledge about the wheel to later design bicycles... :lol:

After arranging a little the items that Taleworlds has at its disposal and adding small details such as adding next to the existing in-game "Deir el-Medina" helmet models such as the late roman "Intercisa" or the Byzantine "snail" we get a strong personality in each of the troops (I think so). I believe that it is too "feudal-ish" to implement the coat of mail to protect the feet (Mail stockings) of some imperial troops. Taleworlds sins a lot in its use...

This is exactly what I had in mind ever since the first concept art images were realesed, almost a screenshot of my brain for the past years! Thanks for that, quite cathartic!  :lol:

You said that those assets were allready avaiable to the devs... I don't think I ever saw any pics or gameplays with that early ridge helmet the legionaire on the middle is wearing. Do you remember where you saw it? Is it really in game?

Piconi said:
I was dreaming of a perfect Bannerlord legionary that has it all, and he looks something like this
gon1zgY.png

I love it; the problem is it doesn't look like infantry... I better explain. I think the Taleworlds legionary is "too" armored for what it really is; a top tier but not elite infantry troop. Your piconisketch looks like a commander rather than a "standard" troop, which I would frame inside the cataphract cavalry troops.

Recycling a old Tercosketch in which I spoke about the menavlion I have introduced the "new models" to give us an idea. In this way the infantry troop in the basic troop tree (current / 2019) is more or less "standardized". On the other hand the elite cavalry is the one that should make use of this type of more voluminous armor along with full  and semi bards for horses. In this way (in my opinion) everything would be a little more in tune with each other.

7.jpg
screenshot.mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord.3094x1740.2017-03-09.67.jpg

Of course, infinite possibilities...that Taleworlds intends to make last minute "retouches"; that's another matter.

VictorF said:
How are you guys making these models?

giphy.gif

Nah, actually they are photomontages made in photoshop mixing photographic stuff from Taleworlds models and armor with other photo items that are on the internet.

The helmet of the model in the middle and the one on the right does not exist inside Bannerlord, as I told you I added it through photoshop. The one with the model on the left does appear in the game.

I would actually like legionaries to be an elite infantry troop, high in cost for hiring and maintenance, but very few in numbers.

I believe my Piconiscetch model can be used as a model for any other unit than legionary as well, like imperial guard, mounted or dismounted.

As for commanders (lords) and emperors of the Empire factions i have different vision, which i will try to materialize soon and share, maybe all together in a row, like you did for Vlandia (i can't even picture that faction differently after i saw how you reworked them) Terco.

So, Taleworlds basicaly has a vast pool of ideas, and better yet,even painted suggestions of ours, so they can scrap them all and continue with uninteresting troop models (except Khuzaits).
:grin:
VictorF said:

Basicaly like this:
Terco_Viejo said:
Nah, actually they are photomontages made in photoshop mixing photographic stuff from Taleworlds models and armor with other photo items that are on the internet.

Terco_Viejo said:

To be honest, the most aestheticaly apealing and historically apeasing thing on this pics is the fact that these soldiers are using central grip shields, actuall round scuta... it makes it all look way more "roman". Kite shields only started to be used by byzantines at around the 11th century and totaly kill my late antiquity fetish.

VictorF said:
[...] totaly kill my late antiquity fetish.
hehe :grin:
I get what you mean, i am a great byzantophile, of all their eras, that is why i am going to put the effort to make and share some of my vision for their (Empire) troops soon.

Terco_Viejo said:
Piconi said:
I was dreaming of a perfect Bannerlord legionary that has it all, and he looks something like this
gon1zgY.png

I love it; the problem is it doesn't look like infantry... I better explain. I think the Taleworlds legionary is "too" armored for what it really is; a top tier but not elite infantry troop. Your piconisketch looks like a commander rather than a "standard" troop, which I would frame inside the cataphract cavalry troops.

Recycling a old Tercosketch in which I spoke about the menavlion I have introduced the "new models" to give us an idea. In this way the infantry troop in the basic troop tree (current / 2019) is more or less "standardized". On the other hand the elite cavalry is the one that should make use of this type of more voluminous armor along with full  and semi bards for horses. In this way (in my opinion) everything would be a little more in tune with each other.

7.jpg
screenshot.mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord.3094x1740.2017-03-09.67.jpg

Of course, infinite possibilities...that Taleworlds intends to make last minute "retouches"; that's another matter.

VictorF said:

giphy.gif

The helmet of the model in the middle and the one on the right does not exist inside Bannerlord, as I told you I added it through photoshop. The one with the model on the left does appear in the game.

I would prefer that the clibanarii not be an improvement of the catafracts, but a cavalry troop with shield, spear and heavy armor like the Vlandian knights; and the catafracts would be a shock cavalry with two-handed spear.
Edit: The previous unit could be the "Equites"
%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2B%2BLOS%2BCATAFRACTOS%2BY%2BEL%2BEJ%25C3%2589RCITO%2BPARTO.%2BBLOG%2BIMPERIO%2BROMANO%2BDE%2BXAVIER%2BVALDERAS%2B%25283%2529.jpg
290fc2b8bb88ddd322f5cb64f3fd49d2.jpg

Count Delinard said:
You guys should compile all these sketches and create a thread in the beta board suggesting aesthetic changes :smile:

We should, it would be glorious ! But we ought to follow some presentation standards which Terco has brought to us !

KC0C33p.png

Piconi said:
Count Delinard said:
You guys should compile all these sketches and create a thread in the beta board suggesting aesthetic changes :smile:

We should, it would be glorious ! But we ought to follow some presentation standards which Terco has brought to us !

KC0C33p.png

**** yeah!; this is starting to get interesting. I buy you that emperor; very good job. I encourage you also (and seen your enthusiasm) to delight with a Piconisketch of the 3 imperial rulers as soon as you have time.

---
@JuanNieve I consider the clibanarius more armoured than the cataphract. It would keep the first one within the Roman/Parthian vision by endowing it with the distinctive Kontos + mace + bow and arrows, turning it into true heavy cavalry. It would bring the cataphract closer to the Byzantine idea (lance + paramerion + teardrop shield).

Terco_Viejo said:
Piconi said:
Count Delinard said:

KC0C33p.png

**** yeah!; this is starting to get interesting. I buy you that emperor; very good job. I encourage you also (and seen your enthusiasm) to delight with a Piconisketch of the 3 imperial rulers as soon as you have time. [...]
Why you do this to me ?  :grin:

I tought about it since i enjoyed making this , basicaly Emperor of the Northern Empire ( or "Senator" if i was being more precise ? ), but not anything seriously, because it`s somewhat time consuming. But now i MUST make the trio and present it in one single row of Emperors ( Emperor Senator, Emperor General, Empress Consort just some ideas).
Damn it Terco, now i will think about the other 2 and how would i love to see them presented in the game.  :grin:

I have a child to take care of you know . . . but i will make something passionately :iamamoron:

Having said those heavy words ( the child card ), i must now encourage you (back) to make Count Delinard`s idea of a dedicated thread into reality, where ( some specific board inside Beta section, in arrangement with one of the moderators ) we can compile all of those ideas and beautiful models into OP, simmilar to AJ`s Gamescom 2019 OP, buy not neccessarily pinned  :fruity:

Piconi said:
Why you do this to me ?  :grin:

I tought about it since i enjoyed making this , basicaly Emperor of the Northern Empire ( or "Senator" if i was being more precise ? ), but not anything seriously, because it`s somewhat time consuming. But now i MUST make the trio and present it in one single row of Emperors ( Emperor Senator, Emperor General, Empress Consort just some ideas).
Damn it Terco, now i will think about the other 2 and how would i love to see them presented in the game.  :grin:

I have a child to take care of you know . . . but i will make something passionately :iamamoron:

Having said those heavy words ( the child card ), i must now encourage you (back) to make Count Delinard`s idea of a dedicated thread into reality, where ( some specific board inside Beta section, in arrangement with one of the moderators ) we can compile all of those ideas and beautiful models into OP, simmilar to AJ`s Gamescom 2019 OP, buy not neccessarily pinned  :fruity:

giphy.gif

If it's any consolation, I'm considering starting a Tercosketch for Aserai. The moment we have, you, the Imperial Piconisketch, and I, mine; it will be a good time to think about that new thread that will surely satisfy our Count's wettest dreams.  :lol:

Terco_Viejo said:
Piconi said:
Count Delinard said:

KC0C33p.png

**** yeah!; this is starting to get interesting. I buy you that emperor; very good job. I encourage you also (and seen your enthusiasm) to delight with a Piconisketch of the 3 imperial rulers as soon as you have time.

---
@JuanNieve I consider the clibanarius more armoured than the cataphract. It would keep the first one within the Roman/Parthian vision by endowing it with the distinctive Kontos + mace + bow and arrows, turning it into true heavy cavalry. It would bring the cataphract closer to the Byzantine idea (lance + paramerion + teardrop shield).
I was thinking about something like this:
ytrx1Fy.png

The equites would be formed by the sons of the nobles of the empire. They would fight like a skirmish cavalry equipped with spear, sword, shield and javelins. For the excubitores,i still can't find a correct name, they would be a cavalry with medium to heavy armor, spear, shield and sword. As for the horse some might have armor on the front. Then the player could decide whether a shock cavalry (the catapracts) equiped with kontos lance and maybe good against other cavalry or a more armored cavalry equiped with shield (clibanarii)

Back
Top Bottom