bannersketch

Users who are viewing this thread

Hell yeah, Piconi very good sketches. The last composition is designed with random elements or are those objects intended for the faction leaders?
---

Anyway, what was promised is debt; here I bring you the only and unique Tercosketch (do not accept imitations  :lol:). Considering what the devs tell us about the inspiration taken, I have imagined the following troops.

The "historical" reference would be framed in the period of the Caliphate Rashidun with Persian tones. The items of the current Aserai troops are very limited, so I have added leather, lamellar and scale armor. As for weapons, the top tier troops would handle straight swords and metal shields. The middle and lower; wickerwork and leather shields, spears and maces.

Apart from the promised Tercosketch, a small extension of the actual troop tree. The truth is that with this "simulation" remain quite varied.

Terco_Viejo said:
Considering what the devs tell us about the inspiration taken, I have imagined the following troops.
The "historical" reference would be framed in the period of the Caliphate Rashidun with Persian tones. The items of the current Aserai troops are very limited, so I have added leather, lamellar and scale armor. As for weapons, the top tier troops would handle straight swords and metal shields. The middle and lower; wickerwork and leather shields, spears and maces.

Those designs look amazing, great work. Can't help but think that many of the troops available in the beta look rather bland in comparison.

Terco_Viejo said:
Hell yeah, Piconi very good sketches. The last composition is designed with random elements or are those objects intended for the faction leaders?
---

Anyway, what was promised is debt; here I bring you the only and unique Tercosketch (do not accept imitations  :lol:). Considering what the devs tell us about the inspiration taken, I have imagined the following troops.

Apart from the promised Tercosketch, a small extension of the actual troop tree. The truth is that with this "simulation" remain quite varied.

@Terco_Viejo
Thank you very much fellow sketch-enthusiast !

If you are asking me about the 6 leader composition, then the answer is: most are not the elements for faction leaders, only 2 helmets and 1 shoulder armor out of all equipment of all 6 lords are listed as "with crown/crown, king`s etc...."; however, i did find that only the "noble" items tend to look somewhat "lordly" and not "common footsoldiery", very few of them per faction, if any. Also, i was sticking to equipment of respective factions for each lord, didn`t mix-and-match anything. I wanted to try and make something good only out of what Taleworlds has to offer currently, but honestly, it was like trying to make lemonade out of s**t . Don`t get me wrong, there are quite a few items, but most belong to the "light" and "medium" category, and most of them are civil villager clothes. I only hope that the items list will be at least 5 times longer in the singleplayer Native upon release, or else we are doomed on making sketches forever  :shock:

If you are asking about the very last design of a single Emir, that is too 100% TWs Aserai equipment, but what is interesting is that the leopard pelt is listed as both Aserai and Battanian item.

Anyways, i know now what Taleworlds has to offer, they have the knowelege and taste it seems, but it seems they are doing different things now, making the game to work properly before they get to expanding aestetic itmes, give some eye-candy variety . . .
Those designs of yours are awesome, especially the Sultan ! Also i think my Hashashin would fit nicely to that troop tree, it was like we were thinking parallelly  :grin:

I must admit i feel quite wicked recognising some of the items on your characters knowing their exact name and faction belonging :ohdear: . . . i need to chill out on the sketches for a while  :mrgreen:

Klausolus said:
Terco_Viejo said:
Considering what the devs tell us about the inspiration taken, I have imagined the following troops.

Those designs look amazing, great work. Can't help but think that many of the troops available in the beta look rather bland in comparison.

To the contrary in my opinion: many of the current bannerlord armours are too over-the-top with belts and multiple pauldrons and bits of fur everywhere. This is also terrible for 3D artists because the neck, thighs and shoulders need to be quite simple to prevent clipping and stretching. Terco and Piconi have done a great job with the colour composition too, and as a 3D artist these would be fairly straightforward to model as well.

NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL said:
To the contrary in my opinion: many of the current bannerlord armours are too over-the-top with belts and multiple pauldrons and bits of fur everywhere. This is also terrible for 3D artists because the neck, thighs and shoulders need to be quite simple to prevent clipping and stretching. Terco and Piconi have done a great job with the colour composition too, and as a 3D artist these would be fairly straightforward to model as well.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you, but might have chosen my words poorly. Many of the troops we have seen so far look rather uninteresting to me, but that probably has more to do with the color scheme employed, as you say, some troops (like the fiann) look really over-the-top, and even those just look exaggerated rather than cool or captivating.

@Piconi If I'm honest, I'm thankful it's just an Piconiexperiment :lol:. The Aserai equipment on that model is terrible, it reminds me of this... plain and simple.

@NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL With this type of exercise that we have been doing lately, I am leaning more towards Ettenrocal's opinion. This one assured in a thread that the proportions were not correct; humanoids yes, not vitruvians.

I can't imagine how many corrections John M.'s team will have to make to the designed models and other people with armor designs in their hands.  :roll:

Terco_Viejo said:
@Piconi If I'm honest, I'm thankful it's just an Piconiexperiment :lol:. The Aserai equipment on that model is terrible, it reminds me of this... plain and simple.
[...]
Im not sure, but according to the tin-man i believe you were talking about this Emir
XcpA0ZO.png

The problem is, armor in Bannerlord is structured in the following way:

Head armor - "Head"
Shoulder armor - "Cape"
Arm armor - "Hand"
Leg armor - "Leg"

So the shoulder armor and capes in the game are both in the "Cape" section, where can be only 1 of those. Only very few items have capes (not at all cool looking btw) AND shoulder armor together in one mesh.
I know i saw sometime in the past there would be 2 layers of clothing in the game, like some leather padding, and you can throw plate armor on top. That is NOT what is currently possible. So all in all, Terco, we can forget about those units you made with beautifully ornamented scarves all over the place, because it will be either/or for a very limited amount of equipment, if they dont bring back layered armors they have shown us a year or two ago.

Thats why i said it was hard to make lemonade out of s**t. Earlier sketches i made out of other non Taleworlds items were better than with those Native they are offering tbh.

Honestly... Terco man, this tercosketch has blown it out the park. I'm absolutely loving the aserai troops. Would it be bad to say with what I've seen with the whole of the Aserai troop tree both sp & mp I quite a bit prefer yours to what we have....

Nexter3 said:
Honestly amazing work both of you, I think you should make another thread with all the sketches, I hope TW will adopt atleast some ideas from them
Thank you very much, i would love to see more ideas !

Just like Count Delinard suggested some time ago, and nobody was about to do it (even tough i tried to make others do it :grin:), in the end i did make it, new thread in the Beta board is called ?️ Creative Unit Aesthetics Archive

@NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL With this type of exercise that we have been doing lately, I am leaning more towards Ettenrocal's opinion. This one assured in a thread that the proportions were not correct; humanoids yes, not vitruvians.

This is still the case today... the proportions change almost at every patch. But this is getting worse many times... i'll wait a little some new patches before come back later to critic again...years after years saying same thing.

Yes more drawings please, they are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom