Banners when? Bannerlord not Moblord, title says everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi mighty devs,

it’s been many months prob a year from release, still no banners, how could it fit the brilliant title the bannerlord, the battlefield seems too bleak, atmosphere lacking, like two groups of mobs fighting for nothing.

Even modders can made it in old version seems not bad, I didn’t use it cuz bugs happened with the old banner mods, in addition, officially still no news no plan for banners, is it so hard to implement banners in battles? If not, how long should we still wait for banners?

With Fire and Sword: has Fire and Swords
Warband: features Wars and Bands
Bannerlord:has Lords, but lacks Banners

Seriously though, I don't recall them promising banners as a battlefield item?

I don't recall them promising banners as a battlefield item?
they were shown

and they're in the game files.
i think they want to deal with bugs, performance and major features before adding the "sprinkles".

they were shown

i think they want to deal with bugs, performance and major features before adding the "sprinkles".

Thank you for posting this video, looks so vivid with banners, so freaking good looking for troops with banners and banner on lances, dev guys plz, implement it earlier, that’ll be much more inviting to have banners for new players to watch from youtubers, sales will be hit record high, for fan base? Hell yes no one will refuse banners!

With Fire and Sword: has Fire and Swords
Warband: features Wars and Bands
Bannerlord:has Lords, but lacks Banners

Seriously though, I don't recall them promising banners as a battlefield item?
This is what people call original research. Good job.
I'd also add that Napoleonic Wars had soldiers from Napoleonic wars and Viking Conquest had Vikings interested in conquest. Titles mattered in the past.

Let us pay for the banners DLC, say $3.99? Can you devs guys implement it earlier? Redesign the way how banners could be grabbed in hand by soldiers?

I can actually answer this pretty well.

First of all - Banners are already in the game. Until recently one of the Custom game characters even started with one. They are fully functional.

So why are they not in the game? Well a dev recently talked about this - and said they weren't going to be introduced until another major change had been implemented which they were linked to.

Now we also know Taleworlds are currently working on a new 'order of battle' system. I have a sneaking suspicion this might be looking at introducing something akin to 'regiments' to bannerlord. AKA your units in battle are separated into groups rather then just being lumped under 'infantry'. This would make sense with Banners. Each 'regiment' would receive a banner-bearer to make them easier to identify.

I have very little proof to suggest this... I just know Banners are coming, they have something to do with the new order of battle system. Make of that what you will.

Let us pay for the banners DLC, say $3.99? Can you devs guys implement it earlier? Redesign the way how banners could be grabbed in hand by soldiers?
Banners work like items in game; just like a shield or a weapon. You can find videos on youtube of people showing them off.

First of all - Banners are already in the game. Until recently one of the Custom game characters even started with one. They are fully functional.

So why are they not in the game? Well a dev recently talked about this - and said they weren't going to be introduced until another major change had been implemented which they were linked to.

Now we also know Taleworlds are currently working on a new 'order of battle' system. I have a sneaking suspicion this might be looking at introducing something akin to 'regiments' to bannerlord. AKA your units in battle are separated into groups rather then just being lumped under 'infantry'. This would make sense with Banners. Each 'regiment' would receive a banner-bearer to make them easier to identify.

I have very little proof to suggest this... I just know Banners are coming, they have something to do with the new order of battle system. Make of that what you will.

Banners work like items in game; just like a shield or a weapon. You can find videos on youtube of people showing them off.
I was about to say this. If you have cheats on you can actually go into the item menu and there are banners in it. So an early setup for it is already in game.

they were shown

What is it about that video that looks so much better than the game as it is now? Aside from flags on spears (why would they take that out?).
Is it horses/men kicking up dust as they move? Is that not in the game currently? Or an I imagining it? lol

Thank you for posting this video, looks so vivid with banners, so freaking good looking for troops with banners and banner on lances, dev guys plz, implement it earlier, that’ll be much more inviting to have banners for new players to watch from youtubers, sales will be hit record high, for fan base? Hell yes no one will refuse banners!
i'd much rather have the game work well and have more important features first

That would also be my most likely guess if the things are already there in the games files. I'd not be surprised if it turns out banners could even have some small bonuses attached to them. I mean considering how much business there's being made about the Dragon Banner in the storyline. I feel like there's going to be more to Banners when we do finally get them than just being a piece of cloth attached to a stick.

I do wonder when we get the whole Order of Battle thing. Been reading bits about it from time to time and it is starting to have me frightfully curious

Banners look so cool. Please add them, it really does make a difference to the aesthetics and feel of the game. It is worth the time to place some banners on some spear poles.

It's not just banners there is plenty of stuff hidden in the background, devs are just waiting for the right moment to release it. The game will probably boom again when they implement it, that's why they are holding the good stuff (more like basic stuff).

Back
Top Bottom