Banners in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Banners look okayish in my opinion, although i myself have said that the Sturgian one is terrible, but what i really hope for is them giving us the banner creator so we can have our own banners..
The current style of banners is okay, as I see it.

I am hoping that there will be a way for the player to have a custom banner that does not have to meet the faction color scheme. The last two games of Warband that I played I had a custom banner that I grew rather fond of. It was better looking than the banners the NPC's had and it looked great on a shield too.

It's not like the NPCs in the game are going to care what color your banner is.

Come on... Really? I don't think that choosing your sigil and nothing else about your banner can really be considered a banner editor. Sure they call it a "banner editor" but it just isn't.
This was a banner editor reassembled by Ster (partly). You can see the colors changing and the amount of symbols you can use. They are random because like i said its partly.

I just dont understand why this decision was made its not that hard to understand who is friend and foe in warband things like the numbers and letters were colored differently this worked perfectly in my opinion its just so upsetting to me that a game called BANNERlord has a lack of BANNERS in it just so disappointing change the name of the game to MonoColorLord then

I just dont understand why this decision was made its not that hard to understand who is friend and foe in warband things like the numbers and letters were colored differently this worked perfectly in my opinion its just so upsetting to me that a game called BANNERlord has a lack of BANNERS in it just so disappointing change the name of the game to MonoColorLord then

I believe the decision was made for this reason:

First, they wanted banners to be sigil only so that you can easily tell on the campaign map which faction holds what. I believe the owning clan's flags will be over the settlements, so if they're all in the color of the faction... There you go.

Second, they wanted players to have the same look, to keep with the spirit of being "just another clan" that Mount and Blade is so known for.

That said, I still don't agree with it. I think there were better ways to do this (for example, showing the faction banner after a certain level of zoom out) and I feel like full customization of banners should be a thing we have. As others have said, though, I expect a mod within a week or two.

First, they wanted banners to be sigil only so that you can easily tell on the campaign map which faction holds what. I believe the owning clan's flags will be over the settlements, so if they're all in the color of the faction... There you go.

Second, they wanted players to have the same look, to keep with the spirit of being "just another clan" that Mount and Blade is so known for.

That said, I still don't agree with it. I think there were better ways to do this (for example, showing the faction banner after a certain level of zoom out) and I feel like full customization of banners should be a thing we have. As others have said, though, I expect a mod within a week or two.

Sigil only? Surely we'd be able to pick the pattern behind the sigil too, no? Not necessarily the colors, but the actual shape. Checkers, Two Stripes, etc.

Also, we start our own clan right? And then pick a faction to join? Would make sense if we're able to pick our own colors to begin with, and then if we join a faction, have to modify our color palette to fit the factions. To that end, I feel like we should be able to pick two colors from a palette of a handful of colors. Attached could be a few for Battania

Olm4o1l.jpg

Also this image raises a few questions. Perhaps we can pick a secondary color? I haven't seen Green and Black.

blog_post_99_taleworldswebsite_02.jpg

Sigil only? Surely we'd be able to pick the pattern behind the sigil too, no? Not necessarily the colors, but the actual shape. Checkers, Two Stripes, etc.

Also, we start our own clan right? And then pick a faction to join? Would make sense if we're able to pick our own colors to begin with, and then if we join a faction, have to modify our color palette to fit the factions. To that end, I feel like we should be able to pick two colors from a palette of a handful of colors. Attached could be a few for Battania

Olm4o1l.jpg

Also this image raises a few questions. Perhaps we can pick a secondary color? I haven't seen Green and Black.

blog_post_99_taleworldswebsite_02.jpg

Good catch, it's possible this is where we are right now. I know a lot of people were suggesting this as a bare minimum thing, at least letting us modify the secondary color. Though that'll limit my options substantially, as I'm a historical pedant and will be using metals only if we're allowed to do this.

Then again, if my charge is a metal, won't my lines have to be colors...? Do we have to have a sigil? Can my charge simply be a cross, for instance? So many questions, I wanna play this game!

I also wonder if the color of the banner of a Lord who has defected to another faction will change.
After gamescom, I saw many different videos, and one of them (unfortunately, I couldn't find it again) showed an in-game encyclopedia where the Lord of Sturgia was listed as part of Vlandia, and its colors were blue, not red. (If, of course, I understood everything correctly) But perhaps this was a flaw in the gamescom version.

This was a banner editor reassembled by Ster (partly). You can see the colors changing and the amount of symbols you can use. They are random because like i said its partly.

Hmmm.... Very interesting. Varied fields with multiple color schemes... Though this seems completely antithetical to that dev-blog explaining why banners will be essentially identical to one another apart from the sigils emblazoned on them. Perhaps we will have carte blanche when creating our own banners but all the NPCs will have solid monochromatic fields. That reality would still be disappointing in my mind, but it's better than nothing I suppose.

I haven’t looked too closely at the banner... uh...mechanics. I prefer the colorful style of Warband, but I gotta say I was trying to draw the likenesses of lords and their banners, the banners took wayyy longer. The sigils are really complex with varying color patterns. I like seeing that variety gameplay wise, but I can see why they tried to simplify them so to speak. Lords keeping their faction color upon defecting seems really confusing and strange though

Thank you for explaining why Michael and I do understand and I would love to see Bannerlord reach a wider audience of people like the lead developer said its just so ugly looking in my opinion and I will miss the colorfilled battles of warband where when two giant marshalled armies clashed together I loved seeing all the different sigils and banners it really felt like a nation came together in one giant army to fight defintely something I will have to wait for modders to fix to get that feeling of immersion again

Hmmm.... Very interesting. Varied fields with multiple color schemes... Though this seems completely antithetical to that dev-blog explaining why banners will be essentially identical to one another apart from the sigils emblazoned on them. Perhaps we will have carte blanche when creating our own banners but all the NPCs will have solid monochromatic fields. That reality would still be disappointing in my mind, but it's better than nothing I suppose
I completely agree I dont want just my banner to be the only unique one standing out from everyone else I think this would be so immersion breaking that only my banner can look different and only I can have a special sigil because then it makes the game feel so oriented to me but the thing I LOVED about warband was the fact that you really were not special you were not a hero or savior you were just another person making a living who could become someone special by uniting calradia

Agreed. This is something I've been commenting about, and still I have seen that the majority of people here and on M&B reddit would love to see banners more diversified and complex. Of course mods are going to fix it if the devs aren't, but it seems strange that this kind of "football team" identification would be in the spirit of the series' realism.

Agreed. This is something I've been commenting about, and still I have seen that the majority of people here and on M&B reddit would love to see banners more diversified and complex. Of course mods are going to fix it if the devs aren't, but it seems strange that this kind of "football team" identification would be in the spirit of the series' realism.
oh yeah couldnt agree more I totally know that mods will fix this within the first few weeks for sure but it seems weird to me to have to rely on mods to fix something that is literally in the title of the game also to me personally it feels like I shouldn't have to rely on modders to change something like this its just so silly to me but what do I know

Back
Top Bottom