Banners in Bannerlord - What is their current implementation?

Users who are viewing this thread

AxiosXiphos

Sergeant Knight
So looking back on previous videos and viewing the screenshots on steam we can see some glorious banners flying in action;

7YX8Qg5.png

Mount-Blade-II-Bannerlord-Gamescom-Interview-06-March.jpg

However since then we have heard nothing about them. They have not appeared in any game play videos nor in any way in the Beta. I wonder what Taleworlds plan is for their implementation at this point?

Given we had a whole dev blog on horse reins, one on banners isn't so far fetched. XD

They took it out of the version of the game they presented at gamescom because the mechanic wasn't complete, and they've said they will add them back later when they work better.

So looking back on previous videos and viewing the screenshots on steam we can see some glorious banners flying in action;

7YX8Qg5.png

Mount-Blade-II-Bannerlord-Gamescom-Interview-06-March.jpg

However since then we have heard nothing about them. They have not appeared in any game play videos nor in any way in the Beta. I wonder what Taleworlds plan is for their implementation at this point?

Given we had a whole dev blog on horse reins, one on banners isn't so far fetched. XD

I've been wondering this same thing for a long time. However, these "glorious banners" may be nothing more than a relic - another scrapped plan. Yes, the banners may physically be in the game, but it doesn't seem that they will be anywhere near as "glorious" as the pictures above. Last fall TW said that the banners (within a faction) will all have the same background (color and design), as well as having the same sigil color.
89dc3f8490bbdce492bccd7164f1491309524c2a.jpg

So... the banners might appear on the field of battle (eventually), but it doesn't seem like they'll be nearly as glorious as the banners you are referencing.

Back
Top Bottom