Banners ever coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

I get your concerns and I agree about shield wall and pike formations. That said Im not demanding banners over any other features and art and modeling/animations is usually done by a different team usually. I just don't want this promised and promoted feature forgot about. That said proper shield wall and pike formations always look better with banners in the mix.

I'd be happy if we just got more color selection. The colors that are available are atrocious. I've used BannerPaste with some success but the colors periodically get screwed up.

I get your concerns and I agree about shield wall and pike formations. That said Im not demanding banners over any other features and art and modeling/animations is usually done by a different team usually. I just don't want this promised and promoted feature forgot about. That said proper shield wall and pike formations always look better with banners in the mix.
Fair enough, though I can see this being harder to design and code than most things.

For instance, who carries the banner? Is it a Western-style banner or a Japanese-style sashimono? Can they also carry a weapon? If you've got like 5 troops, does that mean that you lose 20% of your fighting strength when one of them carries it? Is it for every combat or only army combat?

Do you want a banner in each formation? Well in that case we first need to have actual formations first instead of - for instance - just one "formation" of all your infantry together.

I don't knock you for trying to keep the flame of actual banners in Bannerlord alive. I'm just saying I'm skeptical about its logistical feasibility when there are so many other basic problems with what we have.

Fair enough, though I can see this being harder to design and code than most things.

For instance, who carries the banner? Is it a Western-style banner or a Japanese-style sashimono? Can they also carry a weapon? If you've got like 5 troops, does that mean that you lose 20% of your fighting strength when one of them carries it? Is it for every combat or only army combat?

Do you want a banner in each formation? Well in that case we first need to have actual formations first instead of - for instance - just one "formation" of all your infantry together.

I don't knock you for trying to keep the flame of actual banners in Bannerlord alive. I'm just saying I'm skeptical about its logistical feasibility when there are so many other basic problems with what we have.
None of that is so difficult to figure out or overcome.

Ehhhh?

I'm a big military history nerd but I have tempered expectations about this game and most games.

I just want shieldwalls and pike squares to work. That's it for right now. When we don't have the functional basics of historical military combat in this game, I don't see the point in asking for realistic cosmetics like banners and warhorns and tabards - even if they were promised in dev blogs.

YES!

This design philosophy is extremely frustrating... I get it that it's to a certain extent a QOL improvement to abstract micro into menus, but there's a limit at which the game becomes a menu-simulator rather than an RPG or even a combat sim.
Combat sim with menus and nice city/castle scenes with nothing to do in them, that's what I feel when playing.

And.... Once again, TW 'community managers' manage to utterly ignore a question for a whole working week... If answering a simple question doesnt match the job description, what does?

Great job in keeping the spirits up.... My God...

yes, but devs said they would add it on one of Spartys's streams
My previous post was meant as a joke. I guess it was too high flying.

They also said that in one of the patch note threads (I think) I believe it was like 6 months ago or longer, I don't know forsure though, nor do I really care.

Last edited:
Banners look glorious when you have a veteran army, the flags are icing on the cake. The thing is the game was advertised with Banners since pretty much media started to come out about the game not to mention all the concept and in game art.

https://wccftech.com/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord-gamescom-interview/2/

https://images.gamewatcherstatic.com/image/file/0/0a/106650/Mount-and-Blade-II-Bannerlord-4.jpg

The duplicitous nature of those Gamescom interviews and trailers is shocking, really.

Back
Top Bottom