Banners ever coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reiksmarshal

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Are banners ever coming? I mean we got this nice editor, but nothing on the battlefield. What is the state of banners being implemented to the battlefield?

I'ma make a game called flagmasters where it's a midevil capture the flag team game.... but there is no ****ing flags and the game just goes on forever until an intention memory leak crashes it

At this point, I'd settle for a better banner creator or import feature, but the fact that we still don't have troop banners for fields when modders can do it is a worrying sign.

Considering the game is called 'Bannerlord'

You win!

Banners are under appreciated by people who have never done anything that is military related or involves historical reenactment. They are part of the trappings of war and you are either in the know or you are not and based on certain comments it's pretty obvious which camp some members are in.

Bring the trappings of war on TW! Banners, war horns, and unique military standards!

I hope when they are added there will be a variety of shapes and it isn't just one banner per army or group or whatever. I hope they return the little flags to spears too.

Hey guys, just small leak I heard from TW themselves: It's gonna be a new DLC coming in 2022.
They are juggling the name "Bannerlord" (this seems very likely to be the title as it has passed 7 rounds of internal dev voting), so the full name will be Bannerlord: Bannerlord.

The price point is gonna be a little steep though at $45 but the team feels there's enough content contained in the DLC (4 flag backgrounds, 15 flag icons, 23 colors with 529 UNIQUE combinations (limit 2 colors/1 icon per flag)) to make that worth it to the faithfully dedicated fanbase.

Hope this helped clear some things up about this!

Feel free to leave feedback in this thread if you aren't a fan. But until this dlc gets its pre-alpha early access pass (15$) in December we will just have to make due with the current available tool that seemingly took some saint a couple days at most to make and works so great and so lightweight that it should just be reimplemented in game. TW will not be reimplementing this tool though, they will be creating a new tool which doesn't take any lessons from the older & better tool and instead creates a fun and exciting interface for console users! Soon

Banners are under appreciated by people who have never done anything that is military related or involves historical reenactment. They are part of the trappings of war and you are either in the know or you are not and based on certain comments it's pretty obvious which camp some members are in.
What a bizarre generalization.

For a game called Bannerlord, it sure lacks banners... It's weird because if you went to the SP - Custom Battle , There was one character to choose from that had a banner.
I don't remember the name, but I think he was from the Aserai culture, if I'm not mistaken, and the character had a sword and a banner , but with this last few updates,that character disappeared for some unknown reason. :???:
I was under the impression they would eventually add the banners, and that character was just for testing.

I took a screenshot of this character before it disappeared : https://pasteboard.co/K3K5KDd.png

Nah it was pretty clear and you either know or you don't.
I'm ex-military and I don't care about banners because their actual in-game function appears to be purely cosmetic and, in the case of the existing banner mods, historically inaccurate in their use (the medieval equivalent of a hot mic). They were a control measure, not just trappings of war, but the game doesn't give any actual reason to use them; men go exactly where you tell them to go and stay there. If the men rout, they are unrecoverable and this appears (based off comments by devs) to be all the depth the morale system is going for, so it isn't like banners will have a purpose there.

They probably going to be fluff in a game that desperately needs depth instead.

the scenes are a beauty, just a shame they think having anything to do in them is too complex and scary for new players lmao
The scenes aren't that much bigger than Warband's

But yeah what's the point in having city scenes if there's nothing to do in them, can quite literally just ignore them and exclusively use the menu

They are juggling the name "Bannerlord" (this seems very likely to be the title as it has passed 7 rounds of internal dev voting), so the full name will be Bannerlord: Bannerlord.
Can't wait for Mount and Blade II Bannerlord: Bannerlord - Bannerlord Edition

You win!

Bring the trappings of war on TW! Banners, war horns, and unique military standards!
Ehhhh?

I'm a big military history nerd but I have tempered expectations about this game and most games.

I just want shieldwalls and pike squares to work. That's it for right now. When we don't have the functional basics of historical military combat in this game, I don't see the point in asking for realistic cosmetics like banners and warhorns and tabards - even if they were promised in dev blogs.
The scenes aren't that much bigger than Warband's

But yeah what's the point in having city scenes if there's nothing to do in them, can quite literally just ignore them and exclusively use the menu
YES!

This design philosophy is extremely frustrating... I get it that it's to a certain extent a QOL improvement to abstract micro into menus, but there's a limit at which the game becomes a menu-simulator rather than an RPG or even a combat sim.

Back
Top Bottom