SP - General Bannerlord's Gameplay Has Gone Backwards In Multiple Areas From Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

What I miss about the old Warband companions system was you became invested in them:

1. You could ARM them! Bannerlord REALLY missed the boat here, your companions suck the life blood from you and will never wear more than dirty diapers into combat with a rusty dagger. Never mind trying to get them a mount! You can hire an army of peasants for the cost of 1 "companion" who does nothing.

2. Skills. You could CONTROL your companions skill sets and mold them into a very useful and functional party member. Matheld the nightmare she-wolf on horseback who skewers people with her lance... Artinemmer the siege genius, etc.
-Dont forget you could overlap skills and get boosts to! +4 medical, +5 pathfinding for better speed!

3. And then they all had a story to tell! Each one would say "Oye! Cap'n! Over D'ere be the forest of ------" (Rolf) It was great! You got these wonderful little tidbits about the world and places took on names that you would otherwise never know, such as Matheld telling her story near Sargoth. It all made the world come to life. What do we have now? You talk to them... "Yes Captain?" ----Nothing, never mind---- "Yes Captain."

I have two companions in my party right now and honest to god I cant remember their names, what they do, who the FREAK they are or what they look like. They just kinda... Eat my food, take my money and otherwise... Blend in with my other forces so well they are just mushy background thingies without a name.

The companions stand out about as much as Peasant Archer #44555-2233-4100A. In fact I think the peasant archer is more useful.

1. You could ARM them! Bannerlord REALLY missed the boat here, your companions suck the life blood from you and will never wear more than dirty diapers into combat with a rusty dagger. Never mind trying to get them a mount! You can hire an army of peasants for the cost of 1 "companion" who does nothing.
Do you think we can't arm companions in Bannerlord?

3. And then they all had a story to tell! Each one would say "Oye! Cap'n! Over D'ere be the forest of ------" (Rolf) It was great! You got these wonderful little tidbits about the world and places took on names that you would otherwise never know, such as Matheld telling her story near Sargoth. It all made the world come to life. What do we have now? You talk to them... "Yes Captain?" ----Nothing, never mind---- "Yes Captain."

There's literally a ton of text in encyclopedia and some really interesting, especially about locations. I hope in some stage of development, TW decides to deliver them via companions based on where they are from etc so they will feel more like characters and the effort they spent writing all that information won't end up being unread.

There's literally a ton of text in encyclopedia and some really interesting, especially about locations. I hope in some stage of development, TW decides to deliver them via companions based on where they are from etc so they will feel more like characters and the effort they spent writing all that information won't end up being unread.
I doubt many are going to root around in an encyclopedia looking for those details and I myself am one of those people. It is more interesting to discover something as you are playing than to sit and read text blocks while digging through information dumps. The only games I have ever played in my life where I sat down to "read in game" were Morrowind and Skyrim because they had physical books you could buy to gain more insight, or just to have fun reading crazy stories.

It's very annoying to have to debate an obviously dishonest and arrogant person who thinks that he has figured it all out and then tries to preach to people who know much more. Probably an oldtimer who imagines he talks to kids.
Profile says 23. Profile itself is a few weeks old. Linked to a 300hr Let's Play series of MB WB dating back a few weeks ago. Literally came into the fandom out of nowhere and worked it like a full-time job before coming here to flame people.

The disengagement should have happened a long time ago but I guess some of us are stubborn.
Guilty. Took a chill pill with the start of the weekend and got a warning from the mods regardless, so I'm def disengaging.

Part of the reason I went off, though, was to clarify the situation: that this individual has been dropping worse stuff in other threads and is not someone to be taken without a grain of salt.

I think this discussion should stay rather on a mature level without cursing each other, it's somewhat better to elaborate different thoughts, even though I understand some users are triggered by what it has been written previously.
Attacking the users on their experience on this franchise rather than concentrating on their arguments and what they have to say is straight a fallacy.
I understand at this point some of you guys will paint me as a wannabe moderator or social justice warrior, that's just plain wrong, I just want to debate on a healthy manner, regardless on how the heck do you all play this game. Your experience will lie on the arguments you will produce anyway.
We shouldn't implicitely discard new players to participate on discussions, that's not healthy.
Given the information in my replies to MadVader and qwerrecd... I don't think we're dealing with a standard troll OR a genuine needing-information newbie.

I was not saying the spectrum-related stuff to be an insult. I was serious. If you engage with this individual on an equal basis, you're going to waste a ton of time and drive yourself a little crazy. Again, I'm speaking of someone with experience volunteering for and mentoring learning-disabled kids.

I also have close friends who are on the spectrum and consider themselves "trolls" online... and will drop the :iamamoron: emoji like they're getting one over on you - right after they spent hundreds of hours doing an objectively-pointless, sometimes-humiliating activity.

I love them and empathize with them, but I understand the limits of trying to engage with them.

There is so much to be done yet. Fortunately Bannerlord's community is supplied with wonderful modders to provide us with some additional features. I think, for now, the best idea would be to make the game stable in terms of bugs (or unexpected features haha) and then expand it in terms of things OP mentioned. So let the devs work, fingers crossed :smile:

EDIT: Don't rush things. We wouldn't want a rushed game like Cyberpunk

There is so much to be done yet. Fortunately Bannerlord's community is supplied with wonderful modders to provide us with some additional features. I think, for now, the best idea would be to make the game stable in terms of bugs (or unexpected features haha) and then expand it in terms of things OP mentioned. So let the devs work, fingers crossed :smile:

EDIT: Don't rush things. We wouldn't want a rushed game like Cyberpunk
There so much to be done, however TW don't think that way. I don't have the source but I think I saw some dev mentioning the game will be almost done after they done with fixing the bugs and exploit stuff. (İt would be good if someone give a source )

They used too much time to balance things out. İt's ok for me, but if they release the game without adding wished content, then they will see a real rebellion in this forum.

There so much to be done, however TW don't think that way. I don't have the source but I think I saw some dev mentioning the game will be almost done after they done with fixing the bugs and exploit stuff. (İt would be good if someone give a source )

They used too much time to balance things out. İt's ok for me, but if they release the game without adding wished content, then they will see a real rebellion in this forum.
This. Sorry @TuscanPy but the devs have expressed no intention of actually finishing the game. Whether they're "rushing" or taking their time - they already consider the game mostly done. That's exactly why people are pissed.

This. Sorry @TuscanPy but the devs have expressed no intention of actually finishing the game. Whether they're "rushing" or taking their time - they already consider the game mostly done. That's exactly why people are pissed.
How could they? This a dream game, this fact not making me angry but instead makes me feel pity for us. This game has a great fan base that tries to help the game to improve but this the return?

This fanbase worked too much for TW but they've done so less what we wish for...

Added belligerent drunks and assassins. Someone had me convinced they were in and just bugged a while back, but many months later it doesn't look like it, it looks like they've been forgotten by TW.

This is great to look at and compare, street battles are desperately needed, the towns have so much depth and detail it's kinda weird they spent so much time fleshing them out and then do nothing with them but populate it with work shops.

giphy.gif

I loved feasts... They're timing however... I think feasts should happen during peace time...

Or take place within an army during a campaign. The lords are already gathered together, why not have an outdoor feast during a long and boring siege? The lords can feast and schmooze while the trebuchets do their thing. Heck, why not teleport non combatant lords and ladies there to schmooze with as well? Feasting in the siege camp in and around the tents - have some bards with music and dancing, drinking and eating, hunts and quests unique to feasts... Oh the possibilities!!!

I think it's high time to make feasts awesome. We have the tools... Literally :wink:

I want feasts too. I think they should be held after a successful war and during peace after a tournament.
"Or take place within an army during a campaign."
also building a camp feature should be implemented, and bigger the camp should have a feast option.

You'd think that I would be glad to have the "strategic command dialogue" lesser version implemented in bannerlord, but...

having the ability to tell vassals to be offensive or defensive is so far removed from the ability to tell them to attack or defend a position that its almost criminal to even put them in the same category.

The feature in warband was incredibly useful, but i fail to see how "be defensive" is going to help with any number of possible defensive issues you might be having in a kingdom

I just dont understand how its impossible to implement a feature to tell the ai to "go here" and then attack or defend once you get there.

Why TW? WHY CAN YOU NOT IMPLEMENT THIS SIMPLE THING?

Why TW? WHY CAN YOU NOT IMPLEMENT THIS SIMPLE THING?
1. They are afraid that too many command options would confuse casual players.
2. They are also afraid the player will become OP through more powerful options, since Taleworlds can't (or can't be assed to) match that with corresponding AI improvements.
3. It's not in their "vision", i.e. the plan someone made that they need to follow regardless of player feedback.

having the ability to tell vassals to be offensive or defensive is so far removed from the ability to tell them to attack or defend a position that its almost criminal to even put them in the same category.
You're not wrong- I've ran into many situations where allied armies are bouncing back and forth between cities in the heartland and ignoring the frontier wars, or not bringing their army to join me in attacking an easy target nearby, and I'd love to tell them to go where the FIGHT IS- but I'm trying to cut Taleworlds some slack since this is obviously a big and complex project.

If the strategic AI improves significantly, then in theory we shouldn't need to explicitly tell the AI to do something obvious because in most cases they'll do it themselves. This is of course assuming the AI improves significantly.

You're not wrong- I've ran into many situations where allied armies are bouncing back and forth between cities in the heartland and ignoring the frontier wars, or not bringing their army to join me in attacking an easy target nearby, and I'd love to tell them to go where the FIGHT IS- but I'm trying to cut Taleworlds some slack since this is obviously a big and complex project.

If the strategic AI improves significantly, then in theory we shouldn't need to explicitly tell the AI to do something obvious because in most cases they'll do it themselves. This is of course assuming the AI improves significantly.
Understandable, and of course I didnt mean you were wrong to put it there in the post, as im sure TW themselves would claim it is almost exactly the same feature!!!

and haha nice joke there on the second paragraph :grin: ai improves significantly :grin: but i guess we can hope, though i bet the chances of lightning hitting me are better
1. They are afraid that too many command options would confuse casual players.
2. They are also afraid the player will become OP through more powerful options, since Taleworlds can't (or can't be assed to) match that with corresponding AI improvements.
3. It's not in their "vision", i.e. the plan someone made that they need to follow regardless of player feedback.
I also think 4. is because they admitted they cant do it cuz their engine or coders arent capable enough. pretty sure i read somewhere that mexxico said it would be too difficult to implement, so aggressive/defensive was better choice...easier choice. thats all bannerlord decisions seems to be now, easier choices.

Back
Top Bottom