Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

**** cRPG we need PW  :twisted:

Do you guys think they will tell us the release date on the next week on the PC Gamer weekend? I'm just looking for opinions.  :oops:

The thing about the release date is, everyone is getting their hopes up saying they are sure it will be end of 2016, when the only time TW even mentioned 2016 was when they said maybe 2016? But were doing their best to not get anyone's hopes up.  To me this means they are being so tight lipped is because the game is just not done yet, nor do they know when it will be done.  They are taking their time, even though we wish it would come out soon, if bannerlord is going to be as good as warband maybe better, means they need to do it right, since we will not see a sequel to bannerlord for a loggg time, if ever, maybe 10 years?

so why make them rush when eventually we will all have 10k bannerlord hours begging for a new one.

Fleshgod said:
The thing about the release date is, everyone is getting their hopes up saying they are sure it will be end of 2016, when the only time TW even mentioned 2016 was when they said maybe 2016? But were doing their best to not get anyone's hopes up.  To me this means they are being so tight lipped is because the game is just not done yet, nor do they know when it will be done.  They are taking their time, even though we wish it would come out soon, if bannerlord is going to be as good as warband maybe better, means they need to do it right, since we will not see a sequel to bannerlord for a loggg time, if ever, maybe 10 years?

so why make them rush when eventually we will all have 10k bannerlord hours begging for a new one.

Well personally I think it will come out somewhere during summer-autumn in this year hehe. From the gameplay videos you can see it's almost done now. Also if the game wouldn't be that really good they wouldn't give us a 40 minutes gameplay video.

Persistent World being one of the largest or maybe even the largest community in Persistent World will be a definite in Bannerlord. One way or another a PW Style Module on BL shall be released and especially more modders being introduced to the community due to Bannerlords opening of many new features

I say it's just a race to who makes the best RPG :smile:

ZeNinja said:
Persistent World being one of the largest or maybe even the largest community in Persistent World will be a definite in Bannerlord. One way or another a PW Style Module on BL shall be released and especially more modders being introduced to the community due to Bannerlords opening of many new features

I say it's just a race to who makes the best RPG :smile:

I totally agree with that ^^

RPG mods in general have a great future and reputation. Combined with open-world elements make these awesome.
I honestly don't know any open world rpg styled mod (no matter what game) which is actually "bad". Just look at SA:MP for example, awesome stuff happened :smile:

DeviousLux said:
SOo someone started a rumor vorne died apparently.

a8b904c512afffc5fc54527e00417b72.png

Last logged in: 06:20:51 PM today. Lol.

Well I got enough answers for my question xP There is going to be a PW mod for sure.

Next question. How would you imagine it? Do you think walls are going to be destroyable? Do you think there will be catapults in that mod?

I don't need any answers like "the game isn't even released yet" or "depends on blablabla". I'm just looking for opinions .

Marton96 said:
Well I got enough answers for my question xP There is going to be a PW mod for sure.

Next question. How would you imagine it? Do you think walls are going to be destroyable? Do you think there will be catapults in that mod?

I don't need any answers like "the game isn't even released yet" or "depends on blablabla". I'm just looking for opinions .

Based on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbaWgLjN6s probably yes.

Easter_Cow said:
Marton96 said:

Based on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbaWgLjN6s probably yes.

Yeah but it's singleplayer I guess. How about multiplayer?

Marton96 said:

The new system for modders behaves more like a legitimate game engine now.  You can now create and assign custom scripts to props placed on the map, for example in their dev video showing off the engine, they assigned a script to the windmill to make it turn, wall destruction would be a combination of game physics native to the game, or the act of swapping prop textures and meshes once a certain wall hp would be reached if said physics are not in the game natively, which they might be since they are adding siege equipment to bannerlord.

I hope they add the imfamous "remove item instance off of scene, since warband's scene_prop_fade function does not work.

It could possibly bring extremely greater sand boxes to life in the future which will make pw look like my little pony's great adventure. 

so a real answer to your question would be, I do not believe an exact pw clone will be created, and i hope there is no exact duplicate, since far greater mechanics will be easier to accomplish without a whole mod coded based on workarounds which is what i think of warband modding.  Janky workarounds to get anything to work. 

Fleshgod said:
Marton96 said:

The new system for modders behaves more like a legitimate game engine now.  You can now create and assign custom scripts to props placed on the map, for example in their dev video showing off the engine, they assigned a script to the windmill to make it turn, wall destruction would be a combination of game physics native to the game, or the act of swapping prop textures and meshes once a certain wall hp would be reached if said physics are not in the game natively, which they might be since they are adding siege equipment to bannerlord.

I hope they add the imfamous "remove item instance off of scene, since warband's scene_prop_fade function does not work.

It could possibly bring extremely greater sand boxes to life in the future which will make pw look like my little pony's great adventure. 

so a real answer to your question would be, I do not believe an exact pw clone will be created, and i hope there is no exact duplicate, since far greater mechanics will be easier to accomplish without a whole mod coded based on workarounds which is what i think of warband modding.  Janky workarounds to get anything to work.

It's pretty much like you said. PW took a great effort to be made, not because it has many features, but because many workarounds and tricky code had to be done in order to make everything work. If Bannerlord modding works better, as is expected, making a PW should be easier (Not simple, but easier). I infact plan to do a PW as a first project to start modding in Bannerlord, to then either expand into it with the awesome features Bannerlord will bring such as siege weaponry, or start developing a different, very RP focused mod.

Z0mbiN3 said:
Fleshgod said:
Marton96 said:

It's pretty much like you said. PW took a great effort to be made, not because it has many features, but because many workarounds and tricky code had to be done in order to make everything work. If Bannerlord modding works better, as is expected, making a PW should be easier (Not simple, but easier). I infact plan to do a PW as a first project to start modding in Bannerlord, to then either expand into it with the awesome features Bannerlord will bring such as siege weaponry, or start developing a different, very RP focused mod.

Nice to hear that! ^^

protato said:
DeviousLux said:

When ?, its called a rumor for a reason, usually they are not true, especially in this community.
Captain Connner said:
DeviousLux said:

a8b904c512afffc5fc54527e00417b72.png

Last logged in: 06:20:51 PM today. Lol.
Yeah Ik spent about a hour arguing with the nubsicle in a teamspeak. Pretty sure he was one of the guys that worked on FW or some other failed single server submod from what he was ranting about. Did'nt believe him... lol CC thats one of first things I showed him, the guy started claiming that his vorne's team was using his account...Stupid people are just stupid.

Back
Top Bottom