Bannerlord Worries

Users who are viewing this thread

One of the things many people tend to forget is how Taleworlds started off with the original MnB, it was also an early access title until it is inital release.
Come on guys, have more faith in them. I loved how their first game became more and more enjoyable... This time we had to wait long to get our hands on the beta and soon the early access, because they wanted to make it "perfect" but it is just not possible, and they are still a small company, doing an amazing and unique job creating a game like no other.

i won't be buying this game. Its been too long and I can smell the disaster a mile away. They should have got investment years ago and gone full time. This is clearly a worn out hobby project. Most of the fans have grown up and probably have full time jobs and babies (just like the developers). They will run away with the profits (or whatever amount of money they can relaim for their lost time). Its a very unfortunate ending.

He says on the forum dedicated to the game he won’t purchase.

i won't be buying this game. Its been too long and I can smell the disaster a mile away. They should have got investment years ago and gone full time. This is clearly a worn out hobby project. Most of the fans have grown up and probably have full time jobs and babies (just like the developers). They will run away with the profits (or whatever amount of money they can relaim for their lost time). Its a very unfortunate ending.
He says on the forum dedicated to the game he won’t purchase.

Indeed. Might be a troll of some sort, or perhaps just very salty from the wait. It's true that games that have been in development for as long as Bannerlord has been typically do not end up being... good. However, Bannerlord is not your typical game. Even if it is a let down, which I doubt (and hope is not the case), there is one thing that will make this game enjoyable regardless of how "under baked" it may be...

MODS, MODS, and of course: MODS.

Did I mention MODS?

Indeed. Might be a troll of some sort, or perhaps just very salty from the wait. It's true that games that have been in development for as long as Bannerlord has been typically do not end up being... good. However, Bannerlord is not your typical game. Even if it is a let down, which I doubt (and hope is not the case), there is one thing that will make this game enjoyable regardless of how "under baked" it may be...

MODS, MODS, and of course: MODS.

Did I mention MODS?
I think you forgot to mention MODS and maybe mods... but i guess we can have both.

The reason those games don't end up being good is because in the end they run out of money or gets pushed out incomplete and never get touched again. If TW is dedicated to EA process then that obviously won't happen. Also they have been pretty transparent with the development process from what I have seen. I dunno but people should know what to expect by now.

At the same time, mods shouldn't be a cop out. I realize TW spent huge effort in making most of the game moddable and they deserve credit for that but the base game still needs to be good.

At the same time, mods shouldn't be a cop out. I realize TW spent huge effort in making most of the game moddable and they deserve credit for that but the base game still needs to be good.
If by cop out you mean excuse to buy the game then I completely disagree. Even if the base game is not enjoyable (which I doubt) the modding potential that has been repeatedly touted by the developers would indeed be a reason to buy the game. How many people actually play vanilla Warband after the wonderful mods that have been developed??? I mean truly... Compared to the subsequent mods that have come out for Warband after its release, the base game (in my opinion) isn't worth playing (I say this even though I have spent many hours playing the base game).

Simply put Mods made Warband, which was a rather janky and repetitive game, my absolute favorite.

I'm talking strictly form the point of view of potential enjoyment from a product when all is said and done. The way I see it, based on my experience with TW's previous products, MODS ARE DEFINITELY A REASON TO BUY THIS GAME.

We all hope the base game is good but even if it isn't I still think that what the game will eventually be (because of mods) is in and of itself a reason to buy it. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm sure that there are some people out there (like yourself perhaps) that think the "base game needs to be good" in order for the purchase to be worth it and that opinion is certainly valid... I just disagree.

Mods are a reason... They're certainly my reason.

You think they’re not working full time?
The fact you think they’d run away with profits just shows how little you’ve read into the development.

If they wanted to make money and run, they would have released a game after only a few years of development using the hype to get sales. However, what they are actually doing is ironing out the creases in the game, involving forumites in the improvement process and listening to our feedback.

This is your opinion. I consider it completly false.

If by cop out you mean excuse to buy the game then I completely disagree. Even if the base game is not enjoyable (which I doubt) the modding potential that has been repeatedly touted by the developers would indeed be a reason to buy the game. How many people actually play vanilla Warband after the wonderful mods that have been developed??? I mean truly... Compared to the subsequent mods that have come out for Warband after its release, the base game (in my opinion) isn't worth playing (I say this even though I have spent many hours playing the base game).

Simply put Mods made Warband, which was a rather janky and repetitive game, my absolute favorite.

I'm talking strictly form the point of view of potential enjoyment from a product when all is said and done. The way I see it, based on my experience with TW's previous products, MODS ARE DEFINITELY A REASON TO BUY THIS GAME.

We all hope the base game is good but even if it isn't I still think that what the game will eventually be (because of mods) is in and of itself a reason to buy it. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm sure that there are some people out there (like yourself perhaps) that think the "base game needs to be good" in order for the purchase to be worth it and that opinion is certainly valid... I just disagree.

,I somewhat disagree. Native Warband was pretty good and replayable and offered many hours of gameplay then most of the other games did. Only lacking feature for me was the shallow diplomacy. If only they had the diplomacy mod's features they would double the play time. Native Warband was what pulled many people to the game when there wasnt a single mod released. Only thing that made people switch the mods was simply that most of them offered a "fresh game" and that doesnt mean the base game is bad. It just means it got old. Now if the Native Warband was a mod to the old Warband, people would dig it and would say native M&B is so shallow. Its the way it is. It doesnt matter how amazing the base game is, as long as a mod can offer you a different type of fun, you would try it. Again, that doesnt mean it's not worth playing, as I said Native with more diplomacy options can be considered an amazing base game and in my opinion it still is without the mods and Bannerlord should be the same, Calradia is a fictional world and like GoT or LoTR I myself enjoy its lore and the story behind it, this is a game after all, not a concept work of a game engine that will be completed by modders. So people like me will always want the base game to be good. It - the base game- should be a game that will make me say the same thing about it in the future. But I agree with you on the importance of mods for a game. Its a positive thing for the company as It can literally make the game sell more due to some mods like LoTR or Game of Thrones simply because it would draw the fans to the game.

Last edited:
Native Warband was pretty good and re-playable and offered many [more] hours of gameplay than most of the other games did.
I completely agree with you about the re-playability of vanilla Warband and the amount of hours a person can enjoy playing the game... However, the game is basically: point, click, battle, point, click, battle... Maybe with some trading in between... I've spent many, many hours playing the base game... But it is very repetitive... Then there is the issue of graphical fidelity and animations which are, even for the time it was released, subpar... Nonetheless I love the game.

Native Warband was what pulled many people to the game when there wasnt a single mod released.
Again, I completely agree. I bought Warband without any notion of the modding scene surrounding the game.

Only thing that made people switch the mods was simply that most of them offered a "fresh game" and that doesnt mean the base game is bad. It just means it got old.
Now, I never said the base game was bad per se, but compared to the subsequent mods that offered so much more by way of gameplay options... There is no contest in my mind about how much more enjoyable several of the Warband mods are in comparison to the vanilla version regardless of "freshness."

Native with more diplomacy options can be considered an amazing base game
Indeed, but the fact is it didn't have many options at all beyond "conquer everything" ... Mods greatly expanded what Warband was/is.

Calradia is a fictional world and like GoT or LoTR I myself enjoy its lore and the story behind it, this is a game after all, not a concept work of a game engine that will be completed by modders. So people like me will always want the base game to be good.
I agree with you %100. I was just intimating that even if the game is a letdown it will still be worth the purchase price because of the modding potential.

But I agree with you on the importance of mods for a game. Its a positive thing for the company as It can literally make the game sell more due to some mods like LoTR or Game of Thrones simply because it would draw the fans to the game.
Absolutely! I truly commend TW for their commitment to make this game very mod friendly. It not only makes good business sense but a fan like me truly appreciates the fact that they are facilitating the creativity of the modding community.

+1
I think some people aren't really appreciating the fact that TW is trying to make BL as moddable as possible because they themselves understand that a large part of the longevity of Warband was due to mods and the features they built on top of the Native(still very enjoyable) experience.

Back
Top Bottom