Bannerlord world map Pacman hunt

Users who are viewing this thread

JA55

Regular
Hey folks.

I've noticed that the big problem in the game is with hunting enemies on the world map. It feels like playing a Pacman and it looks too darn silly.
There is a simple solution to this craziness.

This is the view from me playing on "Realistic" settings.

Bandits or enemies don't have to be 100% of the time on foot. Let them rest in the camp and give players the possibility to reach them without too much trouble. (Make them stationary for the day / half a day)

A Party of 500 troops or more should be easily noticed as it is right now. However, with the smaller number, we shouldn't run upside-down whole map to reach an enemy party of 10 soldiers.

what i hate the most is this fi***ng lord party that come to loot a village. You chase him but he's too fast. You turn back and then of course he goes to loot again the village. Your turn back to chase him but he's to quick... turn back and see him going AGAIN to loot the village... And you can do that all day long... Very interesting.

bandits do stop occasionally, though not for half/a full day. and lords do stop to rest. they just do rest in settlement. It seem like the issue is trying to catch them. the solution is simple: have a stupid amount of horses in your inventory, at least 1 horse per troop. do this and you can have any army of 200 infantry going 5+ speed on the campaign map. I believe there are scouting perk that let you see other party's tracks easily.

bandits do stop occasionally, though not for half/a full day. and lords do stop to rest. they just do rest in settlement. It seem like the issue is trying to catch them. the solution is simple: have a stupid amount of horses in your inventory, at least 1 horse per troop. do this and you can have any army of 200 infantry going 5+ speed on the campaign map. I believe there are scouting perk that let you see other party's tracks easily.
Even with a higher speed, let us say 5.4 chasing 5.0 is very troublesome. Overall experience is just too crazy and messy.

what i hate the most is this fi***ng lord party that come to loot a village. You chase him but he's too fast. You turn back and then of course he goes to loot again the village. Your turn back to chase him but he's to quick... turn back and see him going AGAIN to loot the village... And you can do that all day long... Very interesting.
happened to me several times. a way to stop this is to start raiding their villages as they will will stop their raid to protect their village. once they start coming to you end your raid and run away. they will start chasing you, but will not engage you unless they can win.

Yup.

Every time someone starts a raid there should be a penalty. Unable to move 1 day - for example.
This should prevent such crap from happening again.

It's much better now that Cav bonus is less speed as it makes default parties and steppe bandits much slower. I do think though that re-spawned lords with small parties should not be raiding right away and that it's an obnoxious design choice to let them think it's a good idea. It only annoy the player and does nothing discernable to the AI. If they had to fully support their troops from actual money/food they would dry up and disband if they were raiding so much because raiding is so un rewarding in money. I wish they had to go to a fief to get money for their loot too, but whatever, AI cheats still just like it 2008 game.

If they had to fully support their troops from actual money/food
They do. It is just that low-tier troops are hilariously cheap next to higher-tier ones, so it is a no-brainer to use them until you have a few million.
edit: Also, it hurts the AI pretty bad to have their villages raided now, since they can't recruit from them for like 10-20 days. You can (with a fast enough party) burn down like all of three town's bound villages in the time it takes the first to recover, then repeat without a militia fight.

Yup.

Every time someone starts a raid there should be a penalty. Unable to move 1 day - for example.
This should prevent such crap from happening again.
It wouldn't prevent it. AI lords tend to hivemind, so once you beat one away from your village, another will show up. Then another. After that, a third one.

Last edited:
I always pick the "easy" setting for map speed because otherwise I always spend so much time chasing other parties it takes the fun out of it.

Back
Top Bottom