Bannerlord Won't Boot on Steam

Users who are viewing this thread

I reinstalled Bannerlord today to try it out. However the game refuses to boot up. It tries to run for a few seconds then shuts off. No Launcher or anything.
CPU:Ryzen 5 2600. GPU : 3060 gtx ti. RAM: 32 gb 3200 mhs

Should mention I already validated my files.

Last edited:
I would suggest uninstalling again, only this time, run CCleaner to clear old registry from the system, as your BL registries very well might have gotten very corrupted. Reboot after. Do not immediately reinstall Bannerlord. Open the old install path and make sure the old Bannerlord folder has been deleted. If it hasn't, manually delete it. Exit Steam if it's open and re-open (or open if it wasn't open). Then reinstall the game.

If it doesn't work after that, which driver are you running for your GPU? Latest? Did you install over an old driver that was installed over a series of long updates? If so, consider doing a clean install of the latest drivers. It's not tricky to do, just a little process. Download DDU and then reboot your PC into Safe Mode (this is achieved vai MSConfig and ticking the "safe boot" option) and then when in Safe Boot, open DDU and do the recommended option. After a while, it will reboot you back into Safe Mode. Reopen MSConfig and un-check the "safe boot" option. Reboot back into PC. Find the latest driver for your GPU and install.

If that doesn't work, you can clear DirectX Shader cache and try again. If that still doesn't work, do you have lots of RGB software running or overlay software like Discord, MSI Afterburner, OBS, etc etc? If so, disable them all temporarily and try the game again.

I would suggest uninstalling again, only this time, run CCleaner to clear old registry from the system, as your BL registries very well might have gotten very corrupted. Reboot after. Do not immediately reinstall Bannerlord. Open the old install path and make sure the old Bannerlord folder has been deleted. If it hasn't, manually delete it. Exit Steam if it's open and re-open (or open if it wasn't open). Then reinstall the game.

If it doesn't work after that, which driver are you running for your GPU? Latest? Did you install over an old driver that was installed over a series of long updates? If so, consider doing a clean install of the latest drivers. It's not tricky to do, just a little process. Download DDU and then reboot your PC into Safe Mode (this is achieved vai MSConfig and ticking the "safe boot" option) and then when in Safe Boot, open DDU and do the recommended option. After a while, it will reboot you back into Safe Mode. Reopen MSConfig and un-check the "safe boot" option. Reboot back into PC. Find the latest driver for your GPU and install.

If that doesn't work, you can clear DirectX Shader cache and try again. If that still doesn't work, do you have lots of RGB software running or overlay software like Discord, MSI Afterburner, OBS, etc etc? If so, disable them all temporarily and try the game again.
All this just to play this damn game. No wonder most people are leaving to play other games. The community is getting smaller and smaller.

All this just to play this damn game. No wonder most people are leaving to play other games. The community is getting smaller and smaller.

I wouldn't say it's a problem just with Bannerlord, it actually happens a lot to other games. Sometimes, things get corrupted or something impedes on its ability to function correctly. Taleworlds has no way of stopping that.

Back
Top Bottom