Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"debunked" haha!! Gimme a break. "Debunked" like the UFO's 20 years ago and now the military has proof they exist? "debunked" like that? Haha!! So can you or can't you do better?? No? Hmm, didn't think so.
No wonder a pathetic troll takes the company line with no arguments except "I enjoy". No thinking person would do that.
Instead of arguing with me, find a hobby, you'll feel better.
It's you who are starting arguments and wasting people's time, so listen to your own advice.

It's very valid to me and I don't care that you disagree.

It makes perfect sense to me and I don't care at all if it doesn't to you.
You understand that not everything is subjective, yes? If 2+2=4 makes sense to me, and 2+2=5 makes sense to you, that doesn't mean both are equally valid statements. The criticism that "you should just go make your own thing" is logically incoherent. You're more than welcome to believe it is, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a logical fallacy through and through.
Instead of arguing with me, find a hobby, you'll feel better.
Couldn't I just say the same of you? Why bother arguing with me when you can just "find a hobby"?
Quit wasting my time with your incessent whining, son.
I mean, it's my thread, that you willingly came to, and willingly continue to post on. You're more than welcome to post or not post, whether or not you consider that a "waste" of your time is beyond my care.

All in all I mean you no disrespect, but please, think before posting.

If this is not a troll then it is an amazingly moronic person, in both cases the "playing chess with a pigeon" analogy fits perfectly.
We're all the crazy ones. He's the sane one. Its 10000000 to one genius.

I guess you can do better??? Because if you can, I'd love to see you try.

"Don't criticise if you can't do it yourself!!" Is always a ridiculous argument, but It's even funnier when people say this about video games. Some of the biggest critics of the bannerlord release, myself included, have actually gone on to develop their own games independently. Nowadays a sizeable proportion of the most talented developers don't work for companies.

By saying "don't criticise if you can't do it yourself" you are walking into a minefield of actual game developers who can and have done better jobs at releasing this kind of game.

aight, whoever's alt this is, you ought to come out with it..

is this your alter ego lucius confucius?

Edit: removed quoted post that got him muted

Last edited by a moderator:
you're insane.
I always like it when people criticize other people's work but when asked if they can do better all we hear is **cricket sounds**
This forum is chock-full with loud mouths who criticize Devs but can they do better? Nope, all they can do is run their mouth. ?

aah the famous rotten argument of " if you don't know how to do better you don't criticize " at this moment nobody is entitled to criticize any work, not even Warcraft reforged

By saying "don't criticise if you can't do it yourself" you are walking into a minefield of actual game developers who can and have done better jobs at releasing this kind of game.
I'm not gonna say your argument is invalid, because I actually agree with it, but I'd just like you to point out the better jobs in this kind of game, because I'm not aware of *any* games of the same sort as M&B, let alone ones as good. And Bannerlord is by far the most detailed and advanced of the bunch. (To be clear, I'm thinking of the singleplayer mode, I'm not at all interested in multiplayer slugfests.)

I'm not gonna say your argument is invalid, because I actually agree with it, but I'd just like you to point out the better jobs in this kind of game, because I'm not aware of *any* games of the same sort as M&B, let alone ones as good. And Bannerlord is by far the most detailed and advanced of the bunch. (To be clear, I'm thinking of the singleplayer mode, I'm not at all interested in multiplayer slugfests.)
I think he meant more in terms of a bunch of Indie devs who has knowledge as to what is complicated and what isn't. Obviously a 100+ employee studio creating a sequal to an established title is a different undertaking than a single indie dev making his own game, but the indie dev can still point out when the big studio is being lazy or cutting corners.

The updates are just like the ones before it; a mess of rearranging what does work into not working with a set of things that used to not work while keeping more of the bigger things broken.

"Don't criticise if you can't do it yourself!!" Is always a ridiculous argument, but It's even funnier when people say this about video games. Some of the biggest critics of the bannerlord release, myself included, have actually gone on to develop their own games independently. Nowadays a sizeable proportion of the most talented developers don't work for companies.

Serious question. I know about your game in the off topic, but do you have any released games that I could try?

I wrote the original post while in the airport waiting to visit my mother’s house in Florida for my birthday. Just now as I am ordering the tickets to go back for thanksgiving (the first time I’ll be back down there), I think about all that’s changed. Then it was hot, now we’re getting ready for snow. Biden had a positive approval rating. I was ranked much higher on CS:GO. I bought a new mouse and headset (I’m holding out on my standard issue keyboard). Bannerlord was trash then, and now, after all the mAjOr updates, it’s…oh. Yeah. I guess some things never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom