Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who hate a game don't play it. Disliking or disapproving aspects of the game or its development direction isn't the same as hating it.

That's true, a bit harsh of word choice on my part, but then again I was working off the context provided to me. Which was a statement about everyone "hating" BL.

(Also, there are tons of examples of people hate-playing games. Look at poor little Imperator: Rome at launch. Oh boy, that was rough on the people who stuck through that. ? )

66 pages of discussion about a game the company didn't even bother recording conversation sound, therefor despite npcs are animated to discuss something in a scene, they're awkwardly silent while doing so. Hats off.
Can't judge if it's intended to be a scam or not but no doubt this is extremely lazy development for it's price tag. They're somehow getting away with such things as if they're still an indie company, which also amazes me somehow.

Can't judge if it's intended to be a scam or not but no doubt this is extremely lazy development for it's price tag. They're somehow getting away with such things as if they're still an indie company, which also amazes me somehow.

I don't think it's meant to be a scam, it's just poorly managed. And it's true this behavior would not be tolerated anywhere else, but they get away with it because some customers allow them to out of blind loyalty. We saw it happen with No Man's Sky, only the difference is that the developers actually did something about it [it bein the huge backlash]. lol

To assume that that insane amount of people all left because they were content with what was offered in a game that openly advertised it was not complete and lacked a comical amount of promised features is absurd.
No, it isn't. The same thing has happened with other games. We have shown that there is a steep decline in other SP games after the release, and you still refuse to think that this problem is just for BL. Most of them got what they wanted and left. If they didn't, they would leave a negative review on the Steam page. And it has also been shown that people with 100 hours mostly leave positive reviews. And by mostly, I mean 86%.
I wasn't using it prove that everyone dislikes BL, but to point out that using reviews and player numbers to deduce that everyone likes it or that generally the player base thinks its all good is absurd. :confused:
I don't think everyone likes BL. I just think that a majority of people are fine with the current state of the game and the idea that most people aren't just isn't true. And what else is there to use in order to prove what people like? Player numbers and reviews show what people are playing and what people generally think of the game. I'm only going to use the reviews with 100 hours to prove my point, and those still line up with the most positive rating BL has.
Assuming that people who stop playing BL are all doing it because they got their fill and just moved on is pure stupidity.
And assuming that they all did it because they dislike the game is not?
Do show me where you are getting the data to back your assumption on why these people leave the game. I'd love to see what you have that proves 50k+ people who left a game all did so because they were just so duper happy with it and decided it was time to move on from such a superb experience.
It is literally the Steam reviews. That, coupled with the current player base, shows that people were generally fine with the game, and still are. What evidence do you have that supports your side? I also posted a poll that got 16k results earlier that had 66% of the votes stating that they prefer BL to WB. That, the mostly positive reviews with 100 hours, and the current player base show that most people like the game and those who left didn't leave with too much of a sour taste in their mouth.

To be fair, this game is far from a scam. Otherwise TW would have just released it in EA, took the money and would go on for their space game or whatever.

Also TW isn´t really interested in the suggetions from the community. I guess they still think they´ve delivered a good game and they have pleased their loyal fans.

The fanboys (like guys who´ve played 1h of SP) defend them. The few loyal fans demand more. TW don´t give a **** about both, they have their vision, they forgot about the stuff they claimed that Bannerlord will be and just go on.

And that´s ok, just remember this stuff. Remember what they did if you think to buy their next EA space game.....

The guys from TW that are able to make decisions are seeing the good steam ratings and also the sold amount of copies. It´s all about the money, they aren´t the company they were back then when they´ve release Warband.

From a management perspective, the game is doing good (make/made money), they don´t need to care about what some few people think.

Or do you really think that anyone besides the devs are interesting in anything what we discuss? Armagan/TW is swimming in money, this game is already a succes from their point of view.

Callum/Dejan show up once in a decade and claim they do and that´s all.

TW will do the stuff they´ve officialy said and that´s all. Sure we´ll get DLCs because thats more money. But even if 90% of all players will say something like "We want feature X" it doesn´t matter at all.

Last edited:
Also TW isn´t really interested in the suggetions from the community. I guess they still think they´ve delivered a good game and they have pleased their loyal fans.
If TW is going to listen to fan suggestions, it won't be during the EA period. During the EA period, they are going to want to get what they "promised" out first. Fan suggestions, if they come, would come following the release, not before.

If TW is going to listen to fan suggestions, it won't be during the EA period. During the EA period, they are going to want to get what they "promised" out first. Fan suggestions, if they come, would come following the release, not before.
Yes I know that you still haven´t understand what EA is about. That´s fine.

That just sounds like defeatism to me, as well as an escape hatch for TW to not get things done.

For sure TW will add stuff after they´ve released the game for free, like better diplomancy options or alliances.

cover2.jpg

And it´s only this forum of course, not like the steam forum:

1.png

2.png

But overall, those are just some players voicing their opinion, it´s worth nothing at all. The game will be released in Q2/2022 and some press dudes will play it for 5-10 hours and will rate it 8/10 if not more.

The press also declared Cyberbug GOTY for 2020....I also would rate Bannerlord 8/10 if I´ve only played for 10 hours.

Good ratings = more sales = more money.

Last edited:
That just sounds like defeatism to me, as well as an escape hatch for TW to not get things done.
If community suggestions would ever be taken seriously, it wouldn't be during the EA period that is only supposed to get BL to release. TW has to get things done, and that is what the EA period is for.
For sure TW will add stuff after they´ve released the game for free, like better diplomancy options or alliances.
Yeah, I've never seen any other company add stuff to a game after they release it. Man, that is completely unheard of.

Edit:
If you want them to add more community suggestions during the EA period, then the EA period would have to be extended.

Last edited:
If community suggestions would ever be taken seriously, it wouldn't be during the EA period that is only supposed to get BL to release. TW has to get things done, and that is what the EA period is for.
This is quite obvious to everyone else, but EA is also about getting suggestions. Even TW says that in their EA description.
These past experiences have taught us that it is vital to bring players in to help us iron out any issues and refine the game by utilizing feedback to bring it to the level that both our community and we expect.
Given the disconnect between their vision and players' expectations, it's good for TW to listen to players and there are several quality threads here with good suggestions that would improve the game (or even fix something that's broken).
Yeah, I've never seen any other company add stuff to a game after they release it. Man, that is completely unheard of.
They will add something. There's no roadmap or a plan for us to know whether that something will be worth waiting for. Could be elephants or it could be microtransactions.

This is quite obvious to everyone else, but EA is also about getting suggestions. Even TW says that in their EA description.
Taking suggestions, not necessarily implementing them right away. I think we can both agree that there are more pressing issues right now, such as sieges and the promised features to yet be added. Once the list of promises features that TW has confirmed will come to the game is here, then they may look into community suggestions.
Given the disconnect between their vision and players' expectations, it's good for TW to listen to players and there are several quality threads here with good suggestions that would improve the game (or even fix something that's broken).
I entirely agree with this.
They will add something. There's no roadmap or a plan for us to know whether that something will be worth waiting for. Could be elephants or it could be microtransactions.
Which is why I don't want to just write it off just yet. They may add something good, or they may not. I think they are also overcorrecting from the hype they built for release, with the players knowing less until they are sure they can get it into the game.

Taking suggestions, not necessarily implementing them right away. I think we can both agree that there are more pressing issues right now, such as sieges and the promised features to yet be added. Once the list of promises features that TW has confirmed will come to the game is here, then they may look into community suggestions.
Sources? Or is it about thoughts and prayers? I´m not talking about other games or other companies, I´m talking about Bannerlord right now.

Siege AI should have been fixed (read: be ok) like 6 months ago...it´s not a feature, it´s a core gameplay element....

Yes, they will add something, I think they´ll add something like elephants for 2,99€ as a DLC and promote it like:

Last edited:

I entirely agree with this.

Which is why I don't want to just write it off just yet. They may add something good, or they may not. I think they are also overcorrecting from the hype they built for release, with the players knowing less until they are sure they can get it into the game.
Except that every suggestion that’s levied, at least in multiplayer, is denied. “We think the class system is superior”. Nobody plays Mp because of the class system. TW wonders why MP isn’t populated. Very big brain.

@MostBlunted that blood and gore dlc ain’t gonna sell itself now!

But overall, those are just some players voicing their opinion, it´s worth nothing at all. The game will be released in Q2/2022 and some press dudes will play it for 5-10 hours and will rate it 8/10 if not more.

The press also declared Cyberbug GOTY for 2020....I also would rate Bannerlord 8/10 if I´ve only played for 10 hours.

Good ratings = more sales = more money.
Why should they listen to anything us forum-dwellers say? You've got around 200 dissatisfied players vs. the 87% of 132,000 who've rated it "very positive" on Steam. By gaming industry standards, Bannerlord is a masterpiece and a smashing success. Why should they change anything about what they're doing?

To be fair, this game is far from a scam. Otherwise TW would have just released it in EA, took the money and would go on for their space game or whatever.

The fanboys (like guys who´ve played 1h of SP) defend them. The few loyal fans demand more. TW don´t give a **** about both, they have their vision, they forgot about the stuff they claimed that Bannerlord will be and just go on.

And that´s ok, just remember this stuff. Remember what they did if you think to buy their next EA space game.....

The guys from TW that are able to make decisions are seeing the good steam ratings and also the sold amount of copies. It´s all about the money, they aren´t the company they were back then when they´ve release Warband.

From a management perspective, the game is doing good (make/made money), they don´t need to care about what some few people think.

Or do you really think that anyone besides the devs are interesting in anything what we discuss? Armagan/TW is swimming in money, this game is already a succes from their point of view.

Callum/Dejan show up once in a decade and claim they do and that´s all.

TW will do the stuff they´ve officialy said and that´s all. Sure we´ll get DLCs because thats more money. But even if 90% of all players will say something like "We want feature X" it doesn´t matter at all.

your reading comprehension must suck.

I said I played virtually none of warband single player, I didn’t enjoy it.

I also repeatedly stated the game had problems.

I also stated I was enjoying bannerlord, but don’t like how they’ve handled modding and MP…

but because I don’t think the game is **** and the developers scammed me that now I’m a fanboy?

I think my first statement was I only bought bannerlord hoping for a new PW mod. I was bored and gave the single player a try, and in the past week have put in about -15-20 hours and I’m enjoying it.

You do understand that whether someone enjoys a game or not is completely a subjective opinion? I have yet to see anyone post “Bannerlord is perfect with no problems!”

but the second anyone says “hey, I’m having fun” the instant knee jerk reaction on this forum is to **** all over the person saying something positive.

It’s a game, if you don’t like it, don’t play it. That’s exactly why I stuck to Warband multiplayer, I didn’t enjoy the single player. I don’t like the MP in Bannerlord but I have been enjoying the SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom