Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WORST thing is that I can't change forum prefs for how many posts per page, so I have to click through.
What angers me the most is that this thread shows “1K” posts, so I have to do the math, okay, so 20 posts per page, at 55 pages, wait, but the last one isn’t complete, so add those up…
Very dumb system.

What angers me the most is that this thread shows “1K” posts, so I have to do the math, okay, so 20 posts per page, at 55 pages, wait, but the last one isn’t complete, so add those up…
Very dumb system.
the solution to this is very simple lets make another page of random posts

I'd rather not continue more pages of that conversation, but wow, how hard is it to realize that people often use the word "scam" (or grift) in an accusation of general dishonesty and not necessarily denoting the actual crime...

I'd rather not continue more pages of that conversation, but wow, how hard is it to realize that people often use the word "scam" (or grift) in an accusation of general dishonesty and not necessarily denoting the actual crime...
It's a personal issue - the following was said a year ago:
lol @AxiosXiphos all you do is derail threads by tone policing people. Maybe you should engage with ideas you find interesting and leave the ones you dislike alone. You don't see me coming into threads about how "Bannerlord is good, actually" and having a cry.
You aren't incorrect - I do tone police. It's tough to be part of a community though in which it feels like the whole world is against you all the time... it makes you prickly.

Based on OP calculations I would say that from a wide perspective there is really a lot more we as consumers can ask for. Actually we have, but unfortunately to no avail. Here is an interesting thing for all of you to consider though: how many hours have you spent playing this game and how many have you spend playing games with a similar price tag? The biggest argument here is that value is not measured in hours but more in the quality of the game, right? If TaleWorlds really have so much money then they should at least put a little more effort to speed up the process, this is what they owe to their consumers.. Especially after all the deadlines which have not been met and so on.

That assumes there was a rail for this thread be derailed from.
You should know above anyone that this thread has been pretty productive. You've argued (poorly, and with bad arguments) in defense of Taleworlds, and although I do think you have absolutely no leg to stand on, there has been constructive debate. Whether or not you agree with the original premise is irrelevant to the fact that there is quite a "rail" to it, seeing as the overwhelming amount of posters agree with it.

Based on OP calculations I would say that from a wide perspective there is really a lot more we as consumers can ask for. Actually we have, but unfortunately to no avail. Here is an interesting thing for all of you to consider though: how many hours have you spent playing this game and how many have you spend playing games with a similar price tag? The biggest argument here is that value is not measured in hours but more in the quality of the game, right? If TaleWorlds really have so much money then they should at least put a little more effort to speed up the process, this is what they owe to their consumers.. Especially after all the deadlines which have not been met and so on.
Precisely. I have played thousands of hours on Hearts of Iron IV and Europa Universalis IV (which are more expensive with Paradox's DLC policy), compared to Bannerlord. The only thing you can do on Bannerlord to make it playable past 50 hours in the slightest is Bannerlord Online, which is now dead. Once overhaul/multiplayer mods are able to be created, then we will be in the clear. Until then, it's just a deadweight. We expected a whole lot more than what we got.

I've gotten way more value in paying $15-$20 for individual books than I have in paying $50 for Bannerlord. Compared to spending $20 for so much Warband experience it's just dumb. Raw hours isn't a great metric as has been said time and again, and not everyone is spending hundreds and hundreds of hours playing Bannerlord, I certainly didn't. I don't know why everyone acts like people only play for that kind of time.
That assumes there was a rail for this thread be derailed from.
You may not like the rail very much, but that doesn't mean it's nonexistent.
You've argued (poorly, and with bad arguments) in defense of Taleworlds, and although I do think you have absolutely no leg to stand on, there has been constructive debate.
His arguments aren't my favorite either, but he's better than a lot of others. Some people have hopped on here only to insult first and then make playground-level arguments.

The only thing you can do on Bannerlord to make it playable past 50 hours in the slightest is Bannerlord Online, which is now dead.
While I accept that part of TW's customer base bought BL only for MP, you are a minority. SP engages players much longer. The review I posted earlier, in this thread, suggested new players (non-Warband vetrans) commonly played BL for 200-300 hours. That's a reasonable playtime for the price. However, I also want more to move my 500+ hours up to 2,000-3,000, because I'm invested and greedy.
I have considerable sympathy for the plight of MP only customers, even though I have never played MP. I had assumed that MP would be finished sooner than SP due to the MP only Beta, historical 2016/17 launch intentions that could only have been MP and the number of missing scenes and features in SP. However, that clearly isn't the case. TW servers seem unstable and crash-prone despite low numbers of players. There are clear problems with MP that TW must resolve before making custom servers publicly available - to which they stated their commitment in their formal response to a recent Open Letter from the MP modding community.
As mexxico stated in this thread, TW are not dishonest in their intentions. They are slow. You know this or you would not linger on this forum. MP will be delivered although it may be delivered too late to achieve the player base, which the MP community wanted.
In short, I understand your frustration, however you continually generalise your situation to the whole customer base and make false statements about the game. It's disappointing that extradition hasn't taught you the error of your ways.

While I accept that part of TW's customer base bought BL only for MP, you are a minority. SP engages players much longer. The review I posted earlier, in this thread, suggested new players (non-Warband vetrans) commonly played BL for 200-300 hours. That's a reasonable playtime for the price. However, I also want more to move my 500+ hours up to 2,000-3,000, because I'm invested and greedy.
I have considerable sympathy for the plight of MP only customers, even though I have never played MP. I had assumed that MP would be finished sooner than SP due to the MP only Beta, historical 2016/17 launch intentions that could only have been MP and the number of missing scenes and features in SP. However, that clearly isn't the case. TW servers seem unstable and crash-prone despite low numbers of players. There are clear problems with MP that TW must resolve before making custom servers publicly available - to which they stated their commitment in their formal response to a recent Open Letter from the MP modding community.
As mexxico stated in this thread, TW are not dishonest in their intentions. They are slow. You know this or you would not linger on this forum. MP will be delivered although it may be delivered too late to achieve the player base, which the MP community wanted.
In short, I understand your frustration, however you continually generalise your situation to the whole customer base and make false statements about the game. It's disappointing that extradition hasn't taught you the error of your ways.

I don't know much about MP, but I find it strange that you think SP-Players have nothing to complain about.
Everytime I try playing BL I can't help myself to throw it in the corner after 30 to 60 minutes. I have "only" 80 hours in total in BL, most of it starting it up after a new patch and then throwing it in the corner again after getting frustrated with it. I simply don't enjoy playing it.
With WB I never had that problem. I wasn't sure wether that was because of mods. But even without mods WB native is much more welcoming and engaging than BL. The unbalanced combat, buggy sieges, braindead AI and the complete lack of diplomacy and player impact on the game world in combination with the grind is a complete turnoff for me and isn't present (exept the braindead AI) in WB.

You should know above anyone that this thread has been pretty productive. You've argued (poorly, and with bad arguments) in defense of Taleworlds, and although I do think you have absolutely no leg to stand on, there has been constructive debate. Whether or not you agree with the original premise is irrelevant to the fact that there is quite a "rail" to it, seeing as the overwhelming amount of posters agree with it.
There hasn't been a rail for the entirety of this discussion. The "rail" is the issues with BL, as the point of the game being a grift has never been the point really argued about, which has been broken many times before. Conversation can happen without a rail.

I've also never argued to defend TW against all harm, I've argued against you. Are all of my points bulletproof? No. However, you've made bad points throughout this thread, just as some of mine have been bad, and no real good has come from this thread beyond the post made by Mexxico. The reason why I stopped posting was because I no longer wanted to contribute to one of the most pointless threads on this forum. If Mexxico's post would be forgotten barely a month after he posted it, and anybody who disagrees agree with you is labeled an idiot, then I know that I am not speaking with rational people who want to actually discuss the future of the game and its issues, only someone who either wants to stir the pot or has rose-tinted glass glued to their head.

I also appreciated you mentioning me and calling me a simp. Really speaks wonders to your maturity. Either that or you just wanted me to post more in this thread. This'll be my last one.
His arguments aren't my favorite either, but he's better than a lot of others. Some people have hopped on here only to insult first and then make playground-level arguments.
Arguments shouldn't please the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom