Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bannerlord really have something, since many years ago no game hooked me as this one, maybe because I didn't play the previous one and I didn't have any expectations, but I actually love the game as it is, if it could be better, of course it could, but what it is for me is enough. I could spend hours traveling and selling products. I like it. ?

I could spend hours traveling and selling products. I like it. ?
Im curious what caused the error in this bots coding to output this buggy response. While it’s nice to see cleverbot put out an impeccable paragraph, it’s good to remember that AI is not yet sentient. We at least have a few more generations before computers take over.

How does Bannerlord Online get away with Patreon exclusive items if this is the case?
"Get away with" and "haven't yet acted upon" are different things. I can't speak for the company on their enforcement of their monetization policy, but I do know they are aware of BLO's patreon. Could be they are internally reviewing their policy, or investigating legal options.

The main issue I have with the policy is that it hurts servers that rely on donations which give in game gold in return, for example on PW/PK.
Find some other incentive for donations, then, rather than monetizing basic functionality.

As an aside, stop calling people bots because they say things contrary to your narrative.

"Get away with" and "haven't yet acted upon" are different things. I can't speak for the company on their enforcement of their monetization policy, but I do know they are aware of BLO's patreon. Could be they are internally reviewing their policy, or investigating legal options.
I really hope they aren't investigating legal options, as that would shatter the communities perception of TW, and not for bad reasons. Especially given the current situation with Games Workshop, TW coming down onto an incredibly popular mod would be disastrous.

I can't imagine TW are happy about BLO but they have little control over it due to being on a completely user-created server network etc. Undoubtedly they'd shut it down if it was on the TW master server. Wouldn't be surprised if they pursued legal action but if it's just anonymous guys in Russia probably difficult to do quickly, or effectively.
I wonder about this too. On one hand a spike in Bannerlord attention from that mod is good for TW, EXCEPT for they are pretty clear they don't intend to add this type of online or any co-op to thier game themselves. So that's got to be conflicting, getting attention for a class of gameplay they will not be supporting ever, versus a general boost in attention. I guess a good play is to let it go for now and then kill once workshop mods are up and running.

I've never tried it because it doesn't accept beta version.

I really hope they aren't investigating legal options, as that would shatter the communities perception of TW, and not for bad reasons. Especially given the current situation with Games Workshop, TW coming down onto an incredibly popular mod would be disastrous.
I think this is the reason they haven’t as of yet. Or, they are banking on the mod dying which, as of now, is looking like it will be the case. At least on the NA side, it’s looking like it’s on the way out. Either way, I hope TW will make the right decision.

the effort put into bannerlord atm is insufficient and, as a wise man once said, is a grit. the mechanics in combat at trash, and to top the cake, multiplayer has been left in the dust. 8 long years have i waited, and 8 long years have i been shat on.

Does anyone know if it is still planned that Bannerlord will be released this year?
No news about further delays, it's too early! They might even pull it off if they don't get suddenly ambitious about advanced features such as feasts.
Look who's back. If you keep going like this, they'll make you a moderator one day!

No news about further delays, it's too early! They might even pull it off if they don't get suddenly ambitious about advanced features such as feasts.
Look who's back. If you keep going like this, they'll make you a moderator one day!
I´ve already sent my application.

Nice sig!

EDIT:

danEN´s is the best.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it is still planned that Bannerlord will be released this year?
That seems to be the plan, however bear in mind it was also the plan for early access to only last a year (March 2020-2021), also the plan to release the game in 2018, 2017 and 2016. Their word is as good as a certain man with a funny mustache after invading Czechoslovakia at this point, so don’t get your hopes up.

This did actually make me laugh out loud. Pitiful that 11 years in is “too early”, the irony of feasts being an advanced feature is absurd. We wouldn’t want to overwork those devs though! They have enough on their plate with all of Taleworlds other projects like…uhh….
*googles all Taleworlds projects and games*

uhh…..

People get upset when others say harsh things about this game and the company's practices, and it's viewed as "toxic" and the behavior of "haters", and yet that can't be further from the truth. Most people who say such harsh things (at least myself) have nothing but passionate love for Warband and TW's achievement with it, much more so than any other game, and that apparent malice is just massive disappointment that TW utterly failed to deliver with Bannerlord in their eyes.

People get upset when others say harsh things about this game and the company's practices, and it's viewed as "toxic" and the behavior of "haters", and yet that can't be further from the truth. Most people who say such harsh things (at least myself) have nothing but passionate love for Warband and TW's achievement with it, much more so than any other game, and that apparent malice is just massive disappointment that TW utterly failed to deliver with Bannerlord in their eyes.
As I've mentioned, the only thing toxic about the Bannerlord situation is the developer's lack of care/progress. To say "oh, we are not just any company, we are taleworlds entertainment! We operate on our own schedule", and then to come out with such emptiness, that's really the toxic part. To pretend as if nothing is wrong, spitting out dev "blogs" about scabbards, its honestly ridiculous.

5it1jl.jpg

That's the state of Bannerlord. Absolutely on fire. And what do the devs have to say about it? Nothing. It's sad and pathetic. Again, that's the toxic part of all this. Admittedly, the complainers such as myself could be doing it in a more constructive way, but we are justifiably angry with the product we got, or rather lack thereof.

Again, that's the toxic part of all this. Admittedly, the complainers such as myself could be doing it in a more constructive way, but we are justifiably angry with the product we got, or rather lack thereof.
u6f7lfl.jpg

I don´t think that the devs are responsible for the whole situation, they´re doing their best. The problem is something else.

EDIT:

F for Mexxico!

Last edited:
While you may have passionate love for the series, something that I don't doubt whatsoever, harsh is a rather vague term. Harsh can mean giving back scathing criticism on the game which is well needed at this point, and harsh can also mean just belittling the devs and calling them incompetent can also fall under that.

It also doesn't really matter if one has a love for Warband, one can still be incredibly toxic. Just because you love one thing does not mean your cannot be toxic. Just the same as just because I enjoy Bannerlord does not mean I cannot be toxic.
As I've mentioned, the only thing toxic about the Bannerlord situation is the developer's lack of care/progress. To say "oh, we are not just any company, we are taleworlds entertainment! We operate on our own schedule", and then to come out with such emptiness, that's really the toxic part. To pretend as if nothing is wrong, spitting out dev "blogs" about scabbards, its honestly ridiculous.
You cannot tell what has and has not been toxic to entire Bannerlord situation, as your yourself have already stated that anyone who prefers BL over WB is mentally insufficient. You have been toxic to this situation, you cannot blame the whole thing on TW. Both TW and the community have a part to play in the state that the forums are in.

You've been toxic, so you cannot say what is and is not toxic.

While you may have passionate love for the series, something that I don't doubt whatsoever, harsh is a rather vague term. Harsh can mean giving back scathing criticism on the game which is well needed at this point, and harsh can also mean just belittling the devs and calling them incompetent can also fall under that.
We don't know what caused the extreme delays or the feature set downgrade - Taleworlds are very secretive about their development process and the mistakes they've made. So we are left to speculate who is to blame and why.
Some other company would have avoided most of the flak by better communication. This is not hard, but Taleworlds didn't want to touch it except in the most generic way.
While you can criticize particular features, it's pointless if there's a broader pattern that keeps repeating and the common cause of the problems are actual people.
your yourself have already stated that anyone who prefers BL over WB is mentally insufficient.
Maybe we can agree on "shallow" or "wants the watch the world burn".

as your yourself have already stated that anyone who prefers BL over WB is mentally insufficient.
They are ignorant to the facts, true!
You have been toxic to this situation, you cannot blame the whole thing on TW. Both TW and the community have a part to play in the state that the forums are in.
To an extent, I don't care about the state of the forums, that is a biproduct of the game itself, which Taleworlds is wholeheartedly in charge of. To say otherwise is clownery. If the game was good, people wouldn't be complaining on the forums. I agree that both TW and the community have a part to play in the state that the forums are in (Moreso the community, since the devs rarely post if ever), but to be honest that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things when you consider the game itself is suffering. It would be nice to have stable forums, it would be better to have a stable game.
You've been toxic, so you cannot say what is and is not toxic.
Whether or not I have been toxic or not does not change me pointing out a fact. Just because you are a murderer doesn't mean you can't be murdered.

We don't know what caused the extreme delays or the feature set downgrade - Taleworlds are very secretive about their development process and the mistakes they've made. So we are left to speculate who is to blame and why.
Speculating is different then calling developers toxic and people who like the game idiots. There are parts of this forum, people who agree with you, that are undoubtedly toxic and bad for this community. This isn't placing the blame entirely on the community, but to deny that an issue exists is to make the issue worse.
Some other company would have avoided most of the flak by better communication. This is not hard, but Taleworlds didn't want to touch it except in the most generic way.
Yeah, TW's lack of communication has added onto this issue, however with how some forum users are, and given what Duh has said in another thread, the toxicity of this forum is not going to help communication only worsen it.
While you can criticize particular features, it's pointless if there's a broader pattern that keeps repeating and the common cause of the problems are actual people.
You can, however it is going to do literally nothing. As for the actual people at TW, patches keep coming and promises features are being added. Modding support is improving. The general state of things at TW seems to be improving.
Maybe we can agree on "shallow" or "wants the watch the world burn".
No, it was toxic. And if he does just want to watch the world burn, then he shouldn't be given a voice when discussing the state of the game. I don't think he does, but anyone who just wants to cause chaos shouldn't be given a platform.
They are ignorant to the facts, true!
No.
To an extent, I don't care about the state of the forums, that is a biproduct of the game itself, which Taleworlds is wholeheartedly in charge of. To say otherwise is clownery. If the game was good, people wouldn't be complaining on the forums. I agree that both TW and the community have a part to play in the state that the forums are in (Moreso the community, since the devs rarely post if ever), but to be honest that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things when you consider the game itself is suffering. It would be nice to have stable forums, it would be better to have a stable game.
Except my entire point has been about toxicity and these forums. Talking about a stable game is nowhere near my point. However, the forums do play a part in ensuring a stable game, as this is where the dialogue about the state of the game will be. If the forums are toxic, then the devs will have literally no reason to listen to the forums.

And if you don't care about the state of the forums, you don't care about the state of the M&B community. Fanning the fires will do nothing but harm.
Whether or not I have been toxic or not does not change me pointing out a fact. Just because you are a murderer doesn't mean you can't be murdered.
A murderer doesn't get to decide whether his fellow group of murderers are actually guilty of murder or not.

As a final point, if you want TW to actually listen to your complaints, don't be toxic. Being toxic, insulting devs and fans alike, will get nothing done but make your voice pointless in the eyes of TW devs. If you want the game to look like how you want it to, it is best to avoid being toxic, as if you don't you'll most likely end up being ignored. The mod letter got the support that it did not just because it was on an important topic, but because the discussion around it was civil and professional, use that as an example as to how to get things done.

I´ve already sent my application.
Having at least a mute previously is a mandatory requirement, you've surpassed that by quite a bit, gj. Just a quick training from MadVader on how to sugarcoat the rants and you'll be golden.

On the point of Game-to-Forums relation, i think it's an almost direct reciprocity with the game itself being the starting point of any positive or negative sentiment (and activity levels) we can feel on the forums, from which a bit can then be spilled back over to the game development. The problem we are currently experiencing seems to me that is related to the fact that the main core of the forums was created arround a set of different games, made in a different time, with a different development and communication style, under completely different circumstances, and that disparity started to show arround closed Beta tests, when decent number of people started getting the feel of what the actual game will be like, and that it was shaped by a now moderately sized studio, rather than indie development studio whose couple of devs are on the first name basis with their forum users/hardcore fans.
What it looks to me that made the forums worse, is after EA launch and with the coming of the Singleplayer, with some design decisions it became more evident that the game is moving away from "niche" and on to a conveyor belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom