Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because there is both some credit to that statement and it is controvercial.

Does it bother you that this thread is still ongoing?
I honestly can't tell why someone would be angry about this. Even if you disagree with the sentiment, it is good that the discourse is out there. If your opinion is so right, then you should be able to argue it, regardless of how many people disagree with you. If it's a good argument, it will convince some of them.

Probably because there is both some credit to that statement and it is controvercial.

Does it bother you that this thread is still ongoing?
No, why it should? As you said, the statement has been stablished and even we had a developer in this thread exposing his opinion and experience about the development.
Still, people keep posting either defendig TW or this thread, and I am like "Dude, we talked about this already, just read what was already posted here".
Meanwhile others threads get buried less than a week after been posted. I feel this thread is like Princess Diana's death, something been discused to exhaustion, yet it keeps getting attention while more importante cases didnt have it.
Sooo, yeah, you could see it as it bother me but like Diana, i dont care enough. Just wanted to congratulate Roy for creating one of most interesting post in the forum that keep bringing people to it.

Meanwhile others threads get buried less than a week after been posted. I feel this thread is like Princess Diana's death, something been discused to exhaustion, yet it keeps getting attention while more importante cases didnt have it.
It seems those threads/cases weren't that important after all. But honestly, the data-driven discussion is often more boring and exhausting for the reader/writer. I am not saying this here is unimportant but it is always easier to burst out with what "you think is best/right/good/[place adjective here]". Take politics, discussion can take months but at the end of the day, no conclusion will be drawn...

Honestly what the hell Taleworlds?

It's early July and I have not played for over a month at your trash game. I came on the forums to see if there was any updates or information about a possible fix for ladders or on the battle terrain system. Nothing.

Oh right we got the "development update #8" which covered 1.6.0 (so we learned nothing new about what is coming next). This "development update" was also two weeks old.

On April 2nd (that's 3 months ago for you lazybones, I hope you have been putting my money to good use) you published this:

And finally, we have a message for those of you that have been following development a little more avidly throughout early access and are more interested in where the game is heading rather than the path it has taken. We felt that trying to squeeze such a big discussion into this particular post would have detracted from both topics, and ultimately, we wouldn’t have been able to give it the attention and respect that it deserves. As such, we decided that we would discuss some of the future plans for the game in a follow-up post in the near future.

I guess you must have forgotten? No you have not, you just don't give a f**** about the players you greedy corporate lazybones.

So yes this game is a scam, thought they do their best to make it look legit (they dare say there is a "realistic economy" on the store page lul).

Sooo, yeah, you could see it as it bother me but like Diana, i dont care enough. Just wanted to congratulate Roy for creating one of most interesting post in the forum that keep bringing people to it.
Thanks friend!

Honestly what the hell Taleworlds?

It's early July and I have not played for over a month at your trash game. I came on the forums to see if there was any updates or information about a possible fix for ladders or on the battle terrain system. Nothing.

Oh right we got the "development update #8" which covered 1.6.0 (so we learned nothing new about what is coming next). This "development update" was also two weeks old.

On April 2nd (that's 3 months ago for you lazybones, I hope you have been putting my money to good use) you published this:

I guess you must have forgotten? No you have not, you just don't give a f**** about the players you greedy corporate lazybones.

So yes this game is a scam, thought they do their best to make it look legit (they dare say there is a "realistic economy" on the store page lul).
Give them a break, its tough for them, with covid they cannot have any work done whatsoever. It's not like development can be done at a computer at home....

I cant say they have bad intentions,i believe they just cant handle the project but charging 50 euros for a demo was the worst decision ever following no communication whatsoever,The least i could do is downvote on steam with no regret even if i love this game.

No, why it should? As you said, the statement has been stablished and even we had a developer in this thread exposing his opinion and experience about the development.
Still, people keep posting either defendig TW or this thread, and I am like "Dude, we talked about this already, just read what was already posted here".
Yes, it is exhausting. But people won't go and read a 25 pages thread.
I have to say though there is some enjoyment in informing people about what happened before and during EA to bring them to "the dark side" :lol: .
It's not like I want to crush their hopes and dreams, TW will do so anyways, but more like preparing them for impact.

I cant say they have bad intentions,i believe they just cant handle the project but charging 50 euros for a demo was the worst decision ever following no communication whatsoever,The least i could do is downvote on steam with no regret even if i love this game.
Agree, it is pretty much like vicious circle pattern:

You pay 40-50 Euro for the unfinished game, lured by the promises made by the company (that created your favorite games in the past with a glorious history of interaction with their fanbase) but shortly after you realize it wasn't what was promised, you at least consider asking for a refund from them. But you still believe they can fix it. You played 100hrs, loved every minute spent on the game, post positive reviews on steam, but shortly after, despite the potential, when it starts to be boring - you start to think. Play another 900hrs, so you find out you were looking for an easter bunny, you change your review on steam, felt quite angry, it is not only unfinished but soulless, arid - temporary switch to other titles, to regroup and catch up in 2-3 updates from now... You think "I don't only want to whine, maybe I can contribute"? You post ideas, suggestions, feedback and would like to support the company (they encouraged you to do so after all) and quickly realize to be left alone by them because of their lack of communication, unreliability, lack of quality content, and of their unwillingness to leave their comfort zone to either say "guys, sorry we cannot work on more feedback" or "we changed our model", etc... No civil courage at all, no openness, no transparency. The company you trusted and wanted to support but kept being ignored instead. Some other day something snaps in you - you start ****posting and crossing the line couple of times here and there, leaving no captives - you are permabanned by the forum moderators. You were told: "you hurt other human being's feelings by your bad behavior..."

Mr. Koifish might wanna do a "typical Bannerlord EA experience" movie based on that...

Agree, it is pretty much like vicious circle pattern:

You pay 40-50 Euro for the unfinished game, lured by the promises made by the company (that created your favorite games in the past with a glorious history of interaction with their fanbase) but shortly after you realize it wasn't what was promised, you at least consider asking for a refund from them. But you still believe they can fix it. You played 100hrs, loved every minute spent on the game, post positive reviews on steam, but shortly after, despite the potential, when it starts to be boring - you start to think. Play another 900hrs, so you find out you were looking for an easter bunny, you change your review on steam, felt quite angry, it is not only unfinished but soulless, arid - temporary switch to other titles, to regroup and catch up in 2-3 updates from now... You think "I don't only want to whine, maybe I can contribute"? You post ideas, suggestions, feedback and would like to support the company (they encouraged you to do so after all) and quickly realize to be left alone by them because of their lack of communication, unreliability, lack of quality content, and of their unwillingness to leave their comfort zone to either say "guys, sorry we cannot work on more feedback" or "we changed our model", etc... No civil courage at all, no openness, no transparency. The company you trusted and wanted to support but kept being ignored instead. Some other day something snaps in you - you start ****posting and crossing the line couple of times here and there, leaving no captives - you are permabanned by the forum moderators. You were told: "you hurt other human being's feelings by your bad behavior..."

Mr. Koifish might wanna do a "typical Bannerlord EA experience" movie based on that...
I agree with everything you said.

My thinking always is to never ''marry" your beloved games,treat them as a hot girlfriend with which you had fun and spended some money in the process and then leave when you get bored as simple as that.
If you stay and try to ''fix'' her to your personality even as much potential she had will never get you anywhere and you'll spend your time with bad emotions and being angry.

At this point i just hope they fix sieges/implement battle terrain and unlock all modding tools so we can play something interesting in the future.I have 1250 hours on this demo of a game with the help of mods and the 50 euros were a good investment.Im sorry that its not better but thats life.

I got into Warband pretty late, but played it a lot. A LOT.

Vanilla Warband? About 15 minutes. But I immediately bought Bannerlord, and I love my ugly girlfriend, and am waiting for TW to stop developing so modders can mod.

At this point i just hope they fix sieges/implement battle terrain and unlock all modding tools so we can play something interesting in the future.I have 1250 hours on this demo of a game with the help of mods and the 50 euros were a good investment.Im sorry that its not better but thats life.
I think that's how a lot of people feel, tbh. I admit I got a bit of enjoyment (150 + hours) on bannerlord online (have not played anything on bannerlord but that), but it would be nice for PW to be unlocked by the devs.

With singleplayer, the very first playthrough was pretty fun in spite of a lackluster mid-late game, but every playthrough after that was incredibly boring, repetitive, annoying, and soulless. Early game was so unbelievably bad that it was an absolute chore to grind through after the first time and that kinda killed my desire to really play it anymore. I tried to stick with MP but that was even worse when you got into it. I ragequit uninstalled after getting just too fed up with the block delay at the time.
My thinking always is to never ''marry" your beloved games,treat them as a hot girlfriend with which you had fun and spended some money in the process and then leave when you get bored as simple as that.
Bad relationship advice. If you have no intention of attempting anything wholesome and long-term, make that abundantly clear or do a fwb situation. Or, just be friends.
If you stay and try to ''fix'' her to your personality even as much potential she had will never get you anywhere and you'll spend your time with bad emotions and being angry.
That's better relationship advice. And at this point, the "personality" of TW is not going to bend to anyone's will.

That's better relationship advice. And at this point, the "personality" of TW is not going to bend to anyone's will.
It won't, because TW has millions of other boyfriends. So it's more like trying to change your favorite prostitute to make the experience with her less of a mechanical grind and more personal and emotional. It just won't happen.

For me it is an "ex-girlfriend" I am staying in friendly relationships with... with very occasional benefits.

I agree with everything you said.

I used to be a very vanilla centered but after some time I am in 'team modding' now. As i do not see any potential upgrade that with elevate the game on a higher level on TW side.

I used to be a very vanilla centered but after some time I am in 'team modding' now. As i do not see any potential upgrade that with elevate the game on a higher level on TW side.
It's entirely possible that they could do something to put the game at a higher level, but I really don't trust them at this point. Modders need to do their work and show Taleworlds the way.

For me it is an "ex-girlfriend" I am staying in friendly relationships with... with very occasional benefits.
That's "too complex" of an arrangement.
Yeah, modding seems to be the only avenue of hope here. It's just poor though to expect modders to fix everything while TW does nothing. I do have hopes though that the game can be very good with mods and surpass even modded Warband.

Modders need to do their work and show Taleworlds the way.

Yeah... Modders have done that. They did in Warband. They did it in Bannerlord. Features and tweaks that are deemed essential and are downloaded en masse receive the hand (and occasionally a middlefinger) from TW.

Taleworlds has a way. The way. And go beat your meat if you want a satisfying experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom