Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I see people praising the Bannerlord Online Mod for all the wrong reasons, I just cringe. Bannerlord Online is not a co-op campaign. In fact, most of the campaign behaviours are removed from it for it to work and that is what I can tell from all the obfuscated code that it has. A playable co-op campaign would with all the features of a single-player campaign indeed be hard to develop as the devs claim.
Every time I try to watch someone play it it's just some guy loosing in the arena forever or filling a jug of a water repetitively.
I don't know if I can ever justify rolling back of the beta to try something so mundane.

People like me have to get down on your level to communicate so of course we come across as fools.

????????? "NOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST NOT RELEASE YOUR EARLY ACCESS GAME ON THE DAY YOU PROMISED EVEN THOUGH AAA TITLES PUSH BACK THEIR RELEASE DATES ALL THE TIME NOOOOO"
- The people in this thread
lmao poor troll, you should learn how to bait kiddo, cuz this doesnt work

Every time I try to watch someone play it it's just some guy loosing in the arena forever or filling a jug of a water repetitively.
I don't know if I can ever justify rolling back of the beta to try something so mundane.
It's pretty bare-bones at the moment, though it can get pretty addicting. The only thing that made me stop playing was the wipes. You really kinda have to have a group of people to play with, though. I can't imagine playing it alone.

Wrong, I'm not feeding him. I'm feeding off of him. And enjoying it.

j63raco9ho521.gif

The only thing that made me stop playing was the wipes.
There was never a wipe, nor it would be in the near future. To wipe the mod, first they need to finish it, and for that they need the game to be completes by TW.
Unless you are watching a new player, nobody does that. Farming is part the tutorial you need to complete to unlock features like barter or create/join parties for PVP (al thought it is the safest way to earn money) and arena is the same, just to earn money or upgrade your combate skill at the beginning.

Overall, I like to invite anyone to try this mod, because it is a shame TW didnt push thought this idea to vanilla Bannerlord.

Overall, I like to invite anyone to try this mod, because it is a shame TW didnt push thought this idea to vanilla Bannerlord.
And that's part of my overall argument. It's hugely popular and what everyone has been clamoring for years for, and yet Taleworlds ignores it and gives it zero support. My question is why.

And that's part of my overall argument. It's hugely popular and what everyone has been clamoring for years for, and yet Taleworlds ignores it and gives it zero support. My question is why.
Because they’re working on the base game. Things like BL Online can come after the base game is stable and launched. Right now, TW needs and should focus on issues such as sieges.

It's not under TW control, they can't easily monetize it and naturally raises unpleasant questions for Taleworlds..
Because they’re working on the base game. Things like BL Online can come after the base game is stable and launched. Right now, TW needs and should focus on issues such as sieges.
Someone: They need to fix A.
Phantom425: No, everyone needs to spend all their time on sieges, leave A broken.

Example:
Everyone: Taleworlds, remove those internals and let the modders in.
it would be a tedious task and their time is better spent doing other things, such as siege AI fixes.

Someone: They need to fix A.
Phantom425: No, everyone needs to spend all their time on sieges, leave A broken..
What? This isn’t a fix, this is supporting a different mod, entirely different then fixing something that is broken. In this instance, nothing is broken, and Roy is calling on TW to support a mod for the game while the game is still in EA.
Everyone: Taleworlds, remove those internals and let the modders in.
Yeah, I was wrong here, but this is a different situation entirely to this one. If you’re going to bring up past comments to discredit me, this one doesn’t work for this situation.

What I'm saying is that they should adapt it into the game, work with the dev(s) of Bannerlord Online, like they did with Mount and Musket. Give it official support, build it up, release it as an official part of the game. Obviously it's what people want, and has only a fraction of the following because one single mod can only get so much support. That's what I'm saying. Obviously, they should focus on the game, but I think their neglect of integrating popular mods into the game as DLC will hurt them in the future. Follow the NW path.

What I'm saying is that they should adapt it into the game, work with the dev(s) of Bannerlord Online, like they did with Mount and Musket. Give it official support, build it up, release it as an official part of the game. Obviously it's what people want, and has only a fraction of the following because one single mod can only get so much support. That's what I'm saying. Obviously, they should focus on the game, but I think their neglect of integrating popular mods into the game as DLC will hurt them in the future. Follow the NW path.
Yeah, I can totally get behind that. They should work with the BL Online devs, as getting an official version of that mod would be amazing. Hopefully they will in the future, my point has always been them stopping to support the mod now. Beyond that distinction, an official version of the BL online mod would be amazing.

And if TW doesn't do this, it would be a let down. Hopefully they will work with them following the release.

When I see people praising the Bannerlord Online Mod for all the wrong reasons, I just cringe. Bannerlord Online is not a co-op campaign. In fact, most of the campaign behaviours are removed from it for it to work and that is what I can tell from all the obfuscated code that it has. A playable co-op campaign would with all the features of a single-player campaign indeed be hard to develop as the devs claim.
I'm pretty sure no-one has claimed the mod is meant as a co-op campaign to begin with, even the developer has had to clarify his intention to a bunch of small-brains in the past. However, they're getting there, as they're soon to release factions of which players can pledge allegiance to within a few updates, and there's already ''Wildlands'' which is a PvP area in-game, as well as trading between players, making it more of an open-world RPG. Clearly they've had to recode things to work in the multiplayer. I find it funny when people expect this sole modder to have everything complete, plus more on day 1, especially when TW does, per your own rhetorics, obfuscate their code too. Anyway, BO has a rather clear roadmap on their discord compared to other studios.

Last edited:
but I think their neglect <snip> will hurt them in the future.
Many are hopeful for TW to suddenly change the same behavior they've kept for the last ten years ever since the first concept of Bannerlord.
Why would that happen out of blue though?

We may debate the consequences for the next couple of years, even then the truth won't be truth, as the future will likely be similar to the situation now where a small, but continuous stream of optimistic players show up on these forums, as the past optimists descend into cynicism, and debate each others. It's evident from those playing and giving their feedback throughout the beta compared to those who just recently began interactions with the community, without knowledge of what was promised years ago in devblogs, forum posts, or felt the expectations of the community shatter.

Many are hopeful for TW to suddenly change the same behavior they've kept for the last ten years ever since the first concept of Bannerlord.
Why would that happen out of blue though?

We may debate the consequences for the next couple of years, even then the truth won't be truth, as the future will likely be similar to the situation now where a small, but continuous stream of optimistic players show up on these forums, as the past optimists descend into cynicism, and debate each others. It's evident from those playing and giving their feedback throughout the beta compared to those who just recently began interactions with the community, without knowledge of what was promised years ago in devblogs, forum posts, or felt the expectations of the community shatter.
Perhaps. I think you have defined a reasonable situation, however I think the cynics are still hopeful and optimistic. Honestly, even though I am super critical of bannerlord and Taleworlds, I hope they understand it is because I care and want them to be successful and to have a good game. We the disconnected fans just don’t have the same view as the optimistic fans. We all want the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom