Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not know about this, thank you for bringing this to my attention. However, my original point still somewhat stands, I don't understand how this is ****ting on the face of those fans of BL. BL, at some point, will be a finished game, and most likely it will not just stop development at that point. Given the recent elephant leak, we can safely assume that they will be working on more content for us, DLC or not.
The biggest issue of all is that the community has been crystal clear with the content desired and they have said: "too hard, talked it over and said NO. But you might get elephants!" (which no one asked for)

Well I'd like to say "told ya so" but seeing even some of the die-hard shills from over a year ago admitting defeat. It's pretty disappointing. A big part of me wanted to be wrong, through all the re-code blahblah, the "modders will fix it", the "just give it a year and you'll look dumb!", I really thought maybe something awesome could eventually come through the development pipe in a somewhat reasonable timeline.

Even the humblest of fan expectations have been undershot completely, and that's just not fun for anyone.

You gotta diversify your life if a game gives this much disappointment. This is a sad bunch of people.

(I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about everyone else)
Or maybe we would just like the product we paid for/were promised? Or the money back, but preferably the game. We were promised something for 10 years and it still hasn't gotten here yet. I don't understand how you wouldn't be pissed? And again with this meme "diversify your life" "play other games" obviously we do it is not only messaging on the taleworlds forum complaining about the game not being out, we watch TV, we play other games....we in this circumstance though would like the game we paid for.

Or maybe we would just like the product we paid for/were promised? Or the money back, but preferably the game. We were promised something for 10 years and it still hasn't gotten here yet. I don't understand how you wouldn't be pissed? And again with this meme "diversify your life" "play other games" obviously we do it is not only messaging on the taleworlds forum complaining about the game not being out, we watch TV, we play other games....we in this circumstance though would like the game we paid for.
The things is though that we kind of are at TW's mercy on this one. If they care about what the community thinks and want to stand behind their product, they will do their best to make things right. If as you seem to think it was all a scam to grab our money, as others have said it's a done deed. Unless you plan to sue them this is just beating a dead horse. And honestly, I get it, I am annoyed too, but some of y'all are getting obsessive over this.

I personally see this as a lesson to never buy an EA title again. At least not for this price (although I feel that I had enough entertainment value from Warband that I ain't even mad).

Can we all just agree to never buy another TW's product again? We've all seen the grift. This game's current state and lack of improvements over the past 15 months is indefensible.

The game you were "promised" exists only in your own mind. There is no game developer on this Earth who will ever deliver it to you, because you demand a fantasy of your own impossible construction. You have built up a fiction of such towering heights that no real-world video game could ever possibly measure up to the dizzying artifice of your untethered imagination.

If Taleworlds released an update that performed fellatio, you people would still find a way to complain about it. Nothing they could ever do could ever possibly please you... so if I were in their shoes, why would I even bother? Why would I read eleven pages of entitled blubbering and even begin to consider incorporating it as "feedback" to improve the game? The only rational response a developer could have to all of this is to ignore you. Completely and entirely.

Thankfully, I'm not a Taleworlds dev, and can afford to waste time with a futile response to this colossal monument to Gamerus Entitledenza. Whatever Bannerlord's and Taleworlds' failings, ignoring the vacuous, insipid temper tantrums of people who have nothing better to do than whine about their own delusional expectations of what a theoretical construct of a video game ought to really be is not one of them.

The game you were "promised" exists only in your own mind. There is no game developer on this Earth who will ever deliver it to you, because you demand a fantasy of your own impossible construction. You have built up a fiction of such towering heights that no real-world video game could ever possibly measure up to the dizzying artifice of your untethered imagination.

If Taleworlds released an update that performed fellatio, you people would still find a way to complain about it. Nothing they could ever do could ever possibly please you... so if I were in their shoes, why would I even bother? Why would I read eleven pages of entitled blubbering and even begin to consider incorporating it as "feedback" to improve the game? The only rational response a developer could have to all of this is to ignore you. Completely and entirely.

Thankfully, I'm not a Taleworlds dev, and can afford to waste time with a futile response to this colossal monument to Gamerus Entitledenza. Whatever Bannerlord's and Taleworlds' failings, ignoring the vacuous, insipid temper tantrums of people who have nothing better to do than whine about their own delusional expectations of what a theoretical construct of a video game ought to really be is not one of them.
Actually what we "demand" is what we were promised in dev blogs. What they told us would be in the game. So I don't know where you get this idea of the devs not being able to deliver seeing as much of what they lack in Bannerlord was already made for warband. Or, they could give us the ability to mod the game ourselves, but that's off the table since they refuse to do anything about multiplayer private servers.

I did not know about this, thank you for bringing this to my attention. However, my original point still somewhat stands, I don't understand how this is ****ting on the face of those fans of BL. BL, at some point, will be a finished game, and most likely it will not just stop development at that point. Given the recent elephant leak, we can safely assume that they will be working on more content for us, DLC or not.
I agree. I don't see it as a "grift" nor do I personally feel like TW has defecated on my face... That sounds a little extreme and hyperbolic... However, I can see the frustration and I certainly understand it. It comes from years of popular fan suggestions being ignored, a lack of incorporation of features and mechanics that many would like to see in Bannerlord being dismissed as "too complex" or not adhering to TW "vision." This coupled with a focus on porting this game to consoles - especially when many feel the game needs major fixing in many different areas...

That Callum quote I posted earlier was from April of 2020 - even knowing the state of the game at the start of EA TW still had plans for a multiple platform release within a year. A lot of fans who have followed the development of this game for years and are surprised and underwhelmed by the current product may feel that there are reasons why the game they thought they were getting is not going to come - and some believe that all those cut features, all the lack of complexity is so that the game can fit into TaleWorlds vision: Bannerlord on consoles.

I am not so angry about the console release (we knew this would happen when Warband was released for console, this is to be expected, pretty sure they were upfront about making Bannerlord console release years ago) I'm not really a console player and I don't think that the console fanbase is very big for Mount and Blade, I could be wrong but I think they make a small minority, who, while they shouldn't be sidelined, the main and original fanbases needs should come first. Besides that though, I'm more angry about the timing. As you say, people who complain about the current state and the current events have reason to be angry. My main gripe is that, rather than fixing the game, they are going after yet another cash grab. As proven by the original post, they have more than enough money and what worries me about console release is that the only concern of theirs is money, not the finished product. If they cared about it, they would work to fix it rather than advancing at a snail's pace and go for money from console players. Think about it: a disappointing product will be disappointing to console players as well, if they wanted to appease these fans, rather than making them get a garbage product, they would tell them to wait and be patient until they can deliver something worth buying.

Actually what we "demand" is what we were promised in dev blogs. What they told us would be in the game. So I don't know where you get this idea of the devs not being able to deliver seeing as much of what they lack in Bannerlord was already made for warband. Or, they could give us the ability to mod the game ourselves, but that's off the table since they refuse to do anything about multiplayer private servers.

You're still here? I was defending the walls of Ortysia against a 1.2k Western Empire stack and having a blast. Why don't you go play a game you actually like? You will never gain anything of value here on this forum, aside from petty validation for your inane mewling. No sane game developer would ever listen to anything you have to say.

You're still here? I was defending the walls of Ortysia against a 1.2k Western Empire stack and having a blast. Why don't you go play a game you actually like? You will never gain anything of value here on this forum, aside from petty validation for your inane mewling. No sane game developer would ever listen to anything you have to say.
I'm glad you had a good time with a barebones game. You are more than welcome to play it, I never said you couldn't. I'm simply pointing out the fact that the game in its current state is bland and boring, barely able to be modded and needs a major revamp if it is to survive. We would like the game we were promised. Despite my negative attitude, I am aware that the devs read the forum, at least some of them, and hopefully some sense will get to them from threads like these. Whether or not they'll do something about it is beyond me. My simple question to you is this: Do you enjoy Bannerlord in its current state? If so, would you like for it to be better, more in depth and with more things to do with more features? However you answer the first question is irrelevant, we can argue about that all day, but I think that most, if not all, would agree that the latter question's answer is an undeniable yes. Even if you like the game, there are ways it can improve, unless a game has reached some objective, "undeniably complete" standard. At least we can agree on this common ground before going forward?

Furthermore, I do play games that I actually like. I would also like for this game to be good so that it can join them. I don't know if the Taleworlds defenders think that people like me are just sitting around nonstop, waiting for a thread to reply to, doing absolutely nothing but ****ting on Taleworlds. We play other games, we have jobs, go to school, etc. You are aware of that, yes? I'm not sure how long you've been a Taleworlds fan but I have for the past 8 or so years, and so I would like to continue enjoying their games the way that they were intended to be made.

giphy.gif

"...according to speed this game being developed I can confidently tell you, guys, that its being made by 1.5 Indian school boys who are fond of programming after lessons" (c) my phrase 4 years ago.
So...
According to speed patches and improvements are being developed and implemented I can confidently tell you, guys, that its being made by 1.5 Indian school boys who are fond of programming after lessons.19.06.21.
All these 1.6.0 "improvements" I could mod myself in a few days.
IMHO it was just a "grab'n'run" project. Grab money and bye bye.

Furthermore, I do play games that I actually like. I would also like for this game to be good so that it can join them. I don't know if the Taleworlds defenders think that people like me are just sitting around nonstop, waiting for a thread to reply to, doing absolutely nothing but ****ting on Taleworlds.

I mean... kinda seems like what you're doing, yeah. If it walks like a duck, et cetera et cetera.

If you don't like the game, that's fine. I have a friend who doesn't care for Bannerlord. Baffles me to all hell, but different strokes I guess. You know what he does? He doesn't play it, the same way I don't play World of Tanks (because it's an abysmal cesspool of anti-fun). Neither he nor I spend countless hours on a forum for a thing we hate having a histrionics huddle about a video game so other disaffected drama queens can validate our childishness. And don't tell me that's not why you're here --

? Don’t expect people like him to think.

Did you feel better? Did some smooth-brain coming along with a dribble of seminal fluid in your defense shore up your resolve to carry on this juvenile display of petulant whining? I'll bet it did.

Consider the opposite, then. A bunch of Taleworlds developers have toiled for years with blood, sweat, and tears, amidst a global pandemic and a literal military coup in the developer's country of origin. And they log in to their own GD forums to see page after page and thread after thread of pathetic, unpleasable customers (who capitalistic propriety requires them to cater to anyway) accusing them of grift. I'm sure there's been problems on the development team. I'm sure there's been management issues. I'm sure there's been mistakes, oversights, and maybe even a scandal or two (how sordid!). Do you know how soul-crushing it is to work for peanuts in order to make a fun video game for people to enjoy, only to be bombarded with accusations that your years of work amounts to nothing more than the snake oil of a lying con-man? I don't. But I've got a pretty good imagination.

Go outside. People like you are the reason "gamer" is an insult in civilized society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom