Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate language
Very persuasive argument. It's because you don't have an argument, you are just a simp for TW and there is no legitimate argument to favor bannerlord, so instead you just spew incoherent drivel and throw in some emojis. Cry more noob :wink:
I have posts in this thread if you want an argument.

Here's a summary:

~ if you played vanilla Warband and never Viking Conquest,

~ ~ and paid $50 for BL,

++ ! ~~ ~ ~ you're an idiot

_!$09

iF YOU thought early access of BL ,,,

~ ~ ~ was going to be feature complete,

+~~ you're a bigger idiot

=== nub

I have posts in this thread if you want an argument.

Here's a summary:

~ if you played vanilla Warband and never Viking Conquest,

~ ~ and paid $50 for BL,

++ ! ~~ ~ ~ you're an idiot

_!$09

iF YOU thought early access of BL ,,,

~ ~ ~ was going to be feature complete,

+~~ you're a bigger idiot

=== nub
Nobody expected the Early Access to be good or complete. The point is that it shouldn't be in early access, or if it is, it should have been a decade ago. The fact that the game has been in development since 2010 and is still in "early access" and the early access moves at a snail's pace is the issue, not that we spent money on EA and are disappointed. You are missing the entire argument.

I have to choose my words wisely because of reasons. My lawyers needs to proof read my post before I submit them. :fruity:

1518655785554.jpg

"Suggesting a claim on manufacturing development is untrue is not where we're going to go today, is it?"

Nobody expected the Early Access to be good or complete. The point is that it shouldn't be in early access, or if it is, it should have been a decade ago. The fact that the game has been in development since 2010 and is still in "early access" and the early access moves at a snail's pace is the issue, not that we spent money on EA and are disappointed. You are missing the entire argument.
By comparison to some EA titles - Bannerlord is moving like a bullet-train. This is one thing I don't understand; where has everyone got this idealistic view of EA from? They are always, long slow and fraught with bugs. I do like the game... but check out seven days to die...

KihFQJq.jpg

By comparison to some EA titles - Bannerlord is moving like a bullet-train. This is one thing I don't understand; where has everyone got this idealistic view of EA from? They are always, long slow and fraught with bugs. I do like the game... but check out seven days to die...
This comparison doesn´t make sense, I could also show you a lot of EA games that hit their estimated release date...

Also it´s depending on what is communicated. You can leave your game in EA for 5 years if you like and say it like this:

Ostriv:

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?​

“I won't lie, it may take years to make this game what it deserves to be. There may be long delays between updates when development meets major design challenges. But that's what it takes to create a masterpiece.”

I bought the game and would never complain about the slow pace of the dev.

But TW went more for the "it´s mostly finished and we are polishing it" thing in their description. Remember back then, when like 97% of the perks where just placeholders? And people had to find this out by themselves because TW wasn´t pretty clear about this. Dedicated websites for working / non working perks appeared...

This comparison doesn´t make sense, I could also show you a lot of EA games that hit their estimated release date...

Also it´s depending on what is communicated. You can leave your game in EA for 5 years if you like and say it like this:

But TW went more for the "it´s mostly finished and we are polishing it" thing in their description. Remember back then, when like 97% of the perks where just placeholders?
They also then went into a detailed breakdown of the current features, planned features and indeed you had/have the right to wait until release (or watch reviews on the game first before buying).

If you buy an EA game - you should buy it at the perceived value it offers you at right that second. So many are abandoned or never finished; it is extremely self-defeating to not just wait for full release if the game on offer is not something you want to play right now. Hell we even got to test the multiplayer for the better part of a year before buying.

Much of the 'pain' of this EA period could have been alleviated if people just went away and played something else for 2-3 years.

If the people who played Warrider acted in the same way some of the people acted now about EA - I am certain this series would never have existed.

Last edited:
Played something else for 2-3 years? @AxiosXiphos, are you joking? We’ve been doing that for 8-10 years, don’t you think that’s enough?

Again, the main gripe with EA is that it should have been released a decade ago, and yet they are still dragging their feet and putting out an unfinished product when they could have made three sequels to it by now.

Played something else for 2-3 years? @AxiosXiphos, are you joking? We’ve been doing that for 8-10 years, don’t you think that’s enough?

Again, the main gripe with EA is that it should have been released a decade ago, and yet they are still dragging their feet and putting out an unfinished product when they could have made three sequels to it by now.
Released a decade ago.... you mean when Warband was released?

What are you even talking about?

Taleworlds' failure to create a time machine in order to release Bannerlord before we were even born is disgusting and dare I say it, downright fraudulent. We were all definitely promised this when purchasing the EA, I don't just want my money back, I want to see Armagan jailed for theft.

This whole ****ing thread is a grift, seriously.

I get being upset about the EA thing, about slow dev, about whatever - but that's no different than being mad at your favorite character dying in a book or TV show or your sports team losing. Want to know why? It doesn't affect you in the grand scheme. Close the computer, read a book, spend time with your family, go to the gym or shooting range.

So we are arguing about something that should have happened but it turns out in another way? There are a lot of historical forums where such a discussion would fit better...

This here feels odd...

I really feel its beyond time this thread gets closed.
  • It's insulting to the developers.
  • It's borderline slander.
  • Any semblance of meaningful discussion long ago broke down. Now it's just a magnet for discontent.
Any of the recent topics of discussion in here should really be compartmentalised into separate and unique threads.

Last edited:
So we are arguing about something that should have happened but it turns out in another way? There are a lot of historical forums where such a discussion would fit better...
Right; I was having a bit of a drinky last night, so I talked down to Roy, but that's the fricking point -- it sounds like crying from babies about not getting what they wanted when they wanted.

CAVEAT EMPTOR is more than a river in Egypt ~
The point is that it shouldn't be in early access
What?
, not that we spent money on EA and are disappointed.
It sounds like you are disappointed and you feel ripped off.
You are missing the entire argument.
Your feelings are not an argument. I'm attempting to miss your feelings on purpose.

Last edited:
  • Any semblance of meaningful discussion long ago broke down. Now it's just a magnet for discontent.
Any of the recent topics of discussion in here should really be compartmentalised into separate and unique threads.

You know that backseat moderating is against forum rules?

Well, this thread is for whiners and complainers to air their thoughts. The fact that it's still going strong says a lot about the openness of the forum.

There's a simple solution stop coming to and posting in this thread. If the mods or Taleworlds thinks this should be closed then they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom