Bannerlord was a grift

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't help it, it's not your fault.
At least his recent 'love bunny' (just citing here) mood guarantees highly emotional and lyrical sensations.

Who would have guessed - they do meet in one place ?

EDIT: Meanwhile at TW, starts at 0:20.

Just so we are clear, I'm not mocking your earnest post about love and getting hurt, I'm making fun of Terco.
We're clear, no worries ;p

Last edited:
This is obviously a bait for a Terco homoerotic post. :smile:
I loveraw bait. :iamamoron: ?

sWM8U.jpg

We are running low on analogies, we had cooking food, buying cars, opening restaurants, now it's love and relationships.
Absolutely :lol:

---
Quote me without any problem, otherwise I miss these funny things.:lol:

I'm not worthy of so much analysis... I'm just that madman who sits on the sidelines eating out of his bag of peanuts watching the forest burn :lol:.
But I have just started...
[Terco Lore Analysis]:
- likes peanuts
- nature
- likes watching
- modest, does not feel worthy
XjXn4.png

I'd rather not. I just skimmed through the last 10, 12 pages and I don't think I need any more of that.
It is hard to judge if this is satire, trolling, or white knighting nowadays. Wonder where are those WK that applauded TW 2-3 months ago...

It's the same when you meet your "special one" in life. At first, you won't let anybody say anything wrong about him/her... You see no other truth but the one and only that is in your head. But the longer you stay together the more flaws will become apparent. You will become aware. You may as well start criticizing the very person you defended so much. Guess how upset you will become when he/she lies to you or cheat on you. All this does not necessarily mean you don't love or care about him/her.

MadVader was as precise and polite as he can be - It is all about experience and time. Give yourself time to experience.
I have criticized the game, I haven’t really been shilling for this “Special Person”. I’ve stated that I have many different issues with the game, and have been following it for a good while. I’m not delusional.
Before you go on a vacation at White Knight Resorts, one last word. The best way to prepare yourself psychologically for the Bannerlord release is to imagine Armagan, Callum and most other TW employees dancing around a pyre of your hopes and dreams.
You can keep calling me a white knight, that still doesn’t make that description correct.

It's the same when you meet your "special one" in life. At first, you won't let anybody say anything wrong about him/her... You see no other truth but the one and only that is in your head. But the longer you stay together the more flaws will become apparent. You will become aware. You may as well start criticizing the very person you defended so much. Guess how upset you will become when he/she lies to you or cheat on you. All this does not necessarily mean you don't love or care about him/her.

MadVader was as precise and polite as he can be - It is all about experience and time. Give yourself time to experience.
Comparing a video game to your relationships has got to be some of the craziest **** I've seen written on these forums.

To the op, I still think the game is great tbh.
Do it have its issues no doubt.

As for the question you raise, about 2016-2018 and shift in the game etc.
I think you are onto something though, I think thats when they messed it up.
Thats when the "simple" online games really blew up(Fortnite and the likes) makeing zillions of dollars for pretty simple games.
(Disclouse I havent tried Fortnite but from the little I've seen of it, it seems "simple" in terms of mechanics, sandbox with fps, I'm not saying that is a bad game, but a simple concept that just works.)

So I think thats when the shift started, that they let singleplayer get dialed down, and instead focus on multiplayer.
Or at the very least diverted more resources into their multiplayer modes to the point where singleplayer development suffers.

Then you have the issue of gamedesign decisions, that it seems that the devs are out of tune with what the community wants/need.

I still maintain that this is a good game, and its still EA, also keep in mind that most of the issues that are lacking have already been sorted by modders, tons of new free mods comeing out with different settings(Rome, GOT etc).

Then you can take a look at how many hrs you've played the game.
Now look at ppl who play TLOU, and paid the same amount of money, did they get ripped of when they have put it so few hrs?

The metric on TLOU says its about 16hrs that the average gamer will spend to get the game done.

Your assertion cannot be correct. They did not divert most attention to multiplayer seeing as the multiplayer is absolute garbage. No private servers, unpopular modes, terrible lag, bad combat, etc. If it is true they put more effort into multiplayer, then Taleworlds is truly lost.

To the op, I still think the game is great tbh.
Do it have its issues no doubt.

As for the question you raise, about 2016-2018 and shift in the game etc.
I think you are onto something though, I think thats when they messed it up.
Thats when the "simple" online games really blew up(Fortnite and the likes) makeing zillions of dollars for pretty simple games.
(Disclouse I havent tried Fortnite but from the little I've seen of it, it seems "simple" in terms of mechanics, sandbox with fps, I'm not saying that is a bad game, but a simple concept that just works.)
The shift happened way earlier than that. Fortnite was just a huge breakout success but games started emphasizing straightforward MP as far back as Counter-Strike's era (early 2000s).

[...]
So I think thats when the shift started, that they let singleplayer get dialed down, and instead focus on multiplayer.
Or at the very least diverted more resources into their multiplayer modes to the point where singleplayer development suffers.
The current situation of the MP is so serious that I am not even going to embellish the reply with sarcasm-irony-joke.
giphy.gif

Just tell you that you are extremely misinformed and therefore not very accurate in those assertions.
Then you have the issue of gamedesign decisions, that it seems that the devs are out of tune with what the community wants/need.
Agree 100%

The current situation of the MP is so serious that I am not even going to embellish the reply with sarcasm-irony-joke.
Disagree. It is such a catastrophe that the only sensible way to look at it is in a humorous way. I actually find it funny how TW can somehow screw up that badly on something that is of that importance.

Your assertion cannot be correct. They did not divert most attention to multiplayer seeing as the multiplayer is absolute garbage. No private servers, unpopular modes, terrible lag, bad combat, etc. If it is true they put more effort into multiplayer, then Taleworlds is truly lost.
I cant say, as I do agree my assertion may not be correct.
As I dont dabble in Mp at all, not my thing.

But the development from earlier seen an visions they have show, dont seem to have transformed into the singleplayer experience quite yet.
Let alone much word on it when ppl do make good post asking for information etc.

Core issues of course is that covid have had its major effect on alot of devs since it hit in 2020, so it may be that their paceing isnt up to our "demands", lets face it us gamers are abit spoiled.

But one thing they can be better at is communication, the lack of it deafening at times.
They do sometime do it, but its very hard to get like on page 19 on a 40 page thread a small tidbit of information that would have put alot of players at ease is communicted - drowned in the information.

Overall though, the game is good, but its early acess and until its full retail we cant tell if the original post is true or not(and I've atleast regardless got my moneys worth and some).

I'd rather not. I just skimmed through the last 10, 12 pages and I don't think I need any more of that.
It's always like this, someone creates a thread with a valid complaint about something in the game wanting to draw attention and discussion to the matter.

We have a few good pages of feedback before the white-knights come charging downhill shouting "it's not that bad!", "i like it as is!", "give them time!", "make better yourself then!", etc etc etc

Proceeds to have 10-20 pages of pointless discussions with them that bury the thread and all valid points people made at first.

New thread about another valid complaint > everything repeats

Comparing a video game to your relationships has got to be some of the craziest **** I've seen written on these forums.
First: I never said those were my relationships,
Second: Analogy good as any other, especially when other arguments failed,
Third: You really haven't seen much, have you?
Fourth: :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom