Bannerlord was a gift

Users who are viewing this thread

Working with the communicty doesn´t mean to rely on modders so that they add the most required features the community wants.

It would mean listening to the community requests and not saying stuff like "it´s not possible" and than a few weeks later a modder proves that it is possible...
I don't think they've ever said stuff wasn't possible. TW said they straight up weren't going to do co-op, for example, and somehow that morphed from "no plans" into "we can't do it" in people's minds.

You know, this is you haters in a nuthsell.

"Omg TW isn't working with the community, no communication, no interaction, nothing!"
*TW Works with community*
"Omg TW is working with the community, they must be incompetent!"

When we ask for TW to listen to and work with the community, it had nothing to do with passing their work off onto the shoulders of modders. :roll:

I don't think they've ever said stuff wasn't possible. TW said they straight up weren't going to do co-op, for example, and somehow that morphed from "no plans" into "we can't do it" in people's minds.
You are right... this time. But I swear some kind of "too hard" statement was made for some feature and people remembered that.
Coop is something that we have investigated and decided to put to one side. We don't currently have any plans to add it to the game now or in the future.

Not going to say there arent issues with the game or development process
But compared to a lot of the shovelware a lot of the other game development studios are pumping bannerlord isnt even that bad
And I'm glad to see they still working on the game instead of just saying **** it and moving on to DLC to make an easy profit. I certainly believe there are plenty of other game development studios that would do exactly that if they were in same position as the bannerlord team

But compared to a lot of the shovelware a lot of the other game development studios are pumping bannerlord isnt even that bad
And I'm glad to see they still working on the game instead of just saying **** it and moving on to DLC to make an easy profit. I certainly believe there are plenty of other game development studios that would do exactly that if they were in same position as the bannerlord team
Totally agree, well put.

As soon as TW is sold to a major software house ... we're all F*&*(^d..

When we ask for TW to listen to and work with the community, it had nothing to do with passing their work off onto the shoulders of modders. :roll:
What is so difficult to understand with the sentence "Working with the community"?
Well said.

The game isn't perfect, but it isn't as devestatingly bad as some people on this forum would have you believe. To them, maybe it is.

Mind you, I haven't even given the steam review yet. I am waiting to pass my judgment until release. So far with 500+ hours, I think it will be a positive review, if for nothing else then for the fun I've had. Just wish they could improve the multiplayer.

Bannerlord is a gift to us all from TaleWorlds. Most games go for 60$ and provide only a limited time of gameplay before going stale.

If we take Bannerlord and round the price up to 50$ and play for 500 hours, then that is 0,1$ per hour, basically free. Let's say you go out with a friend and buy him a drink, and he gifts you a pen. That pen can be used for a long time before breaking down, and the only real investment you made was giving your friend a drink.

This applies here as well. We are friends with TaleWorlds because Warband was given to us in the past and now they've upped their game and given us Bannerlord.

We are grateful to have been able to enjoy so much time with Bannerlord and for being able to enjoy it further into the future.

Bannerlord was a gift.
I just want to appreciate this opinion one year after.

lol-meme-illustration-lol-gesicht-96451127.jpg

You are right... this time. But I swear some kind of "too hard" statement was made for some feature and people remembered that.
I could go searching but I'm to damn lazy but at some point I asked Callum about coop and his response was I don't know how we'd do it, so maybe people changed that to "too hard"? But yeah I don't ever remember Taleworlds saying it was too hard just that they didn't know how to do it properly and frankly I doubt if they ever really cared about it. But if that feature could've guaranteed another million in sales you bet your ass they would've found a way to make it work. :iamamoron:

Oh. Go on then little troll, explain how we're not understanding it. Go on.
Yet another troll remark, have you not read the thread. I have not called MostBlunted a troll, even though he say he is one himself. I am not a troll. Just because my opinions are far separated from yours does not mean I am what you call me, that's just your power fantasy to try and make my statements seem unimportant in the eyes of others. A very disingenuous attitude, one that any reasonable person can see through and know what you are about.

And if I need to explain it further there is just no hope for you ever understanding, sorry.

Yet another troll remark, have you not read the thread. I have not called MostBlunted a troll, even though he say he is one himself. I am not a troll. Just because my opinions are far separated from yours does not mean I am what you call me, that's just your power fantasy to try and make my statements seem unimportant in the eyes of others. A very disingenuous attitude, one that any reasonable person can see through and know what you are about.

And if I need to explain it further there is just no hope for you ever understanding, sorry.

Dude. You are identified as the biggest troll in this whole community. Your years of shilling and craven simping for failwords achieved nothing. The game is still really really bad, boring, and undeveloped, and everyone knows it.

Bannerlord is one of the biggest grifts in gaming i've ever seen. A total bait and switch from what was promised and what was delivered.

Bannerlord is one of the biggest grifts in gaming i've ever seen. A total bait and switch from what was promised and what was delivered.
Um...

mate, just take the mockery like a man, giving "no you" replies really makes look like "your idiot brain's being ****ed by stupid"
maxresdefault_(44).jpg

Why would you necro this thread, you maniac?!
who? MostBlunted? I can acertain that he is, and it always makes me crack, so no complaints there!
Um...

I agree he exagerated there, but he isn't completely wrong (just made a thousand into a million)

As for the state of BL, it isn't going very well, at least it's functional and can be modded, other than that not something I'd willingly pay full price for not in a million years, I decided to bet on the EA and lost it - gambling's like that

Last edited:
As for the state of BL, it isn't going very well, at least it's functional and can be modded, other than that not something I'd willingly pay full price for not in a million years, I decided to bet on the EA and lost it - gambling's like that
I probably wouldn't have gotten BL if I hadn't played WB. I know how to play the game around it's problems, but new players will be just put off by them and feel their time sink, I think. I didn't bet on the EA, I just finally got a decent pc and decided why not.

In the singleplayer knowing what I'm aiming for. A new player might get lost in the loosely connected and not fully functioning systems.
A new player who sinks as much time as I have will have much less to show for it.
You can't even RP very well atm. I'm making babies I don't love yo.

I've been playing CRPG and the gameplay experiences I'm having with the community has been great. Something that reminds me of BL multiplayer a bit. TL has to re-focus on the player experience, on the polish and just getting that right. Instead, small simple features like "I want my army to hold up a flag please" becomes this big feature that wasn't asked for. Will we have to wait for them to make ships super complex features for me to just be able to sail over a lake?

Player experience is everything. If the experience is not what people hoped it would be, then those people either leave or want it improved. People aint leavin' so they gon want it better. Tis' normal.

Back
Top Bottom