Bannerlord was a gift

Users who are viewing this thread

Sure, but as far as I have heard the developers are talking with a mod team from a mod where battles are a bit longer. Perhaps it will change? Also, at least we can have large battles and be a soldier among them

Thats not something to congratulate. A "mod team" should not be instructing Source engine developers how to better program and calibrate their game. Just another example of "Lets just make a big sandbox with some options and let the fans figure out it out" -mentality. Game companies used to have vision and then spend alot of time finely tuning that vision -not reaching out to the public mid development "does anyone know how to do this?!"

It is becoming way too common that game devs look to modders to fix their issues, and it's mostly because customers let them.

This thread is mostly junk arguing but this post is gold! ?
I love to see so many problems laid out so plainly by someone else! When I complain and dig into it I always feel like a pimp that smacks the hooker around and then makes up with sweet talk so they don't run away. Hey TW here's all the things that make me mad in the game, okay now when is the next update because I want play! OMG look at all these bugs and new broken features in this update? How could you do this? Who though this was okay? Now how about that next update, this week or next? I want to plan when I start a new playthrough!

Thank you for this. :lol:

I like how all of the people saying this is a terrible troll still couldn't resist the supposed "bait".

I don't think it's a troll though. Game is not perfect but it's definitely not a grift. Many of the people complaining are complaining because the game is good but has potential to be better, otherwise they wouldn't care and would move along to something else.

It's the potential that drives people slightly bonkers, 'cause clearly Bannerlord has a great overall game structure so people imagine all the ways it could be fleshed out more and get carried away with high expectations.

I agree with OP.
Didn't really read the whole thread but I had to give a +10 to your comment.

It's a pro-argument for sure, but hours played isn't equal to hours you've had fun, and before someone says why play a game which isn't always fun: the rewards or success after a heavy grind in a MMO, RPG or RTS is what makes a game fun and addictive. What I discovered after playing the campaign as the patches rolled out throughout the months was that it was not rewarding enough, therefore I'd rather look at those hours as wasted and ultimately made the game even more expensive. Most of my hours are currently from the multiplayer or thr Bannerlord Online mod.
Thats a good point though..

This thread is mostly junk arguing but this post is gold! ?
I love to see so many problems laid out so plainly by someone else! When I complain and dig into it I always feel like a pimp that smacks the hooker around and then makes up with sweet talk so they don't run away. Hey TW here's all the things that make me mad in the game, okay now when is the next update because I want play! OMG look at all these bugs and new broken features in this update? How could you do this? Who though this was okay? Now how about that next update, this week or next? I want to plan when I start a new playthrough!
Hey, thanks. I usually just run them over with my car to get the money back. In GTA, of course!
I have no idea what goes on in the developers' minds. I suspect they also don't know.

I love this game. 550 hours deep, and it’s early access?! Insane!!

I remember buying The Legend of Zelda: aLttP for the SNES, $50, beating it and playing it for less time than MB2. I remember buying fighting games for the original PlayStation for $50 bucks becoming a god and being sick of them after a few weeks. I remember buying GTA: SA on the original Xbox and playing it for a few months then moving on to the next game, another $50.

The only games I keep coming back to are: FFT:WotL, League of Legends, Halo, Oxygen not Included, and of course Bannerlord.

This game needs more love from the devs to be perfect. As it is right now, it is good, it can be really good if bugs like the siege ones are squashed.
The potential it has though... it could eclipse any other game in the market if its done right.
I want to see this company succeed and thrive. I want them to keep creating till the ends of time <3

The potential it has though... it could eclipse any other game in the market
We've been viewing Bannerlord as potential for more years than I can count on my fingers, and now that we've seen raw development and their plans for the game, thing's don't look good.

Here's a good analogy for you, "I could've been a world class athlete if I had just trained, I could've finished top of the university if I had just studied, I could've been so and so if I had just" the point is that you didn't, and just because you could've (had potential) doesn't justify anything, only the people that actually trained, studied and worked are the ones credible.

there's huge potential for Bannerlord, but as said above, its words against deeds, hope vs reality and meaning vs purpose- so on.

Here's a good analogy for you, "I could've been a world class athlete if I had just trained, I could've finished top of the university if I had just studied, I could've been so and so if I had just" the point is that you didn't, and just because you could've (had potential) doesn't justify anything, only the people that actually trained, studied and worked are the ones credible.
Exactly. Bannerlord could be a good game, but they aren't even trying. If they tried and failed I would be more inclined to be kind.

We've been viewing Bannerlord as potential for more years than I can count on my fingers, and now that we've seen raw development and their plans for the game, thing's don't look good.

I agree,
However, since this is still early access, they are still in the construction phase. Until the end product is produced, i am reserving my judgement and instead try to cheer them on and support any way i can.
Didn't you buy the game to support them? knowing it is EA
there's huge potential for Bannerlord, but as said above, its words against deeds, hope vs reality and meaning vs purpose- so on.
This is the deeds phase, and we can do our part too :wink:
Do you think they are just lazy? I am sure they are doing everything they can as fast as they can.
Imagine being in their position with all the pressure from the community and their bosses.
Why can't we be a place where they get inspiration and love from? why add to the toxicity that is already engulfing the globe?
We might hear from them more if we turn this place into a positive zone where they want to relax and see our feedback.
I am not pointing fingers, i am just expressing how i feel about things and why i am taking the approach of optimism.

This is the deeds phase, and we can do our part too :wink:
Do you think they are just lazy? I am sure they are doing everything they can as fast as they can.
Imagine being in their position with all the pressure from the community and their bosses.
Why can't we be a place where they get inspiration and love from? why add to the toxicity that is already engulfing the globe?
We might hear from them more if we turn this place into a positive zone where they want to relax and see our feedback.
I am not pointing fingers, i am just expressing how i feel about things and why i am taking the approach of optimism.
I don't think you understand what we are saying (at least, what I am saying, but I am sure that many of the disgruntled people in this thread see it the same way).

I am not blaming the devs. I am blaming the management of the game, which is honestly worse. If the current state of the game depended on some of the developers not doing their work we could have hope, after all you can always fire them and hire new people. However, when the problem is caused by decisions coming from high above, there's really nothing left to say or do. Useless armors, siege bugs, broken combat, lack of progression, these are all considered unimportant issues by the people to make decisions on what gets worked on next. What makes you think that they will ever get fixed, when all past behavior indicates that they won't?

I used to have a position close to yours. Seriously, go look through my posts around EA release day. Squat has been accomplished since then, and I am all out of understanding and patience.

I don't think you understand what we are saying (at least, what I am saying, but I am sure that many of the disgruntled people in this thread see it the same way).

I am not blaming the devs. I am blaming the management of the game, which is honestly worse. If the current state of the game depended on some of the developers not doing their work we could have hope, after all you can always fire them and hire new people. However, when the problem is caused by decisions coming from high above, there's really nothing left to say or do. Useless armors, siege bugs, broken combat, lack of progression, these are all considered unimportant issues by the people to make decisions on what gets worked on next. What makes you think that they will ever get fixed, when all past behavior indicates that they won't?

I used to have a position close to yours. Seriously, go look through my posts around EA release day. Squat has been accomplished since then, and I am all out of understanding and patience.
I feel like my armor is giving me enough protection unless i am speeding or got hit by a crossbow, so i don't get that part. Maybe make it a bit better against all cut damage to a point that low tier soldiers can't hurt you unless they blunt you.
As for the siege bugs, yes, i agree 100% it is like all you do mid to late game and it should be dealt with asap because that's like the face of the game itself.
Combat is improving (spears not included) and they are working on a big project to make it even better, so i would say they are considering this a priority.
Progression, that's a tricky one, since they allowed leveling past cap learning, i feel like it is heading in the right direction. There should be a kingdom phase with newer laws and things to do other then barrage of wars but other things should take priority.
We can voice our opinions in the suggestion section, maybe that will make management rethink what is important and what is not. I have been there and it seems they are really taking it seriously. Like 90% of the post i visited (and necroed :p) seems to have been already implemented.
I know how you feel, i took a loooooong break after playing the game in the earlier phases and came back but a lot has been done since then, i feel like that break helped me get a new prospective.
Don't give up bro :wink:

We can voice our opinions in the suggestion section, maybe that will make management rethink what is important and what is not. I have been there and it seems they are really taking it seriously. Like 90% of the post i visited (and necroed :p) seems to have been already implemented.
I know how you feel, i took a loooooong break after playing the game in the earlier phases and came back but a lot has been done since then, i feel like that break helped me get a new prospective.
Don't give up bro :wink:
We have a completely different perception of what is happening there. From where I am standing they have ignored pretty much everything of relevance. I also have a hard time understanding how you can think that armor is effective. There was a thread that dug into the damage model, which showed why it was not working right and offered very concrete suggestions on how to fix it, which had responses from a community manager and then... Nothing happened. As it usually goes.

Agree to disagree. I am glad you are enjoying the game, I am looking forward to the full release of Medieval Dynasty this week myself. TW could definitely learn a thing or two from Render Cube on how to deliver an EA product.

We have a completely different perception of what is happening there. From where I am standing they have ignored pretty much everything of relevance. I also have a hard time understanding how you can think that armor is effective. There was a thread that dug into the damage model, which showed why it was not working right and offered very concrete suggestions on how to fix it, which had responses from a community manager and then... Nothing happened. As it usually goes.

Agree to disagree. I am glad you are enjoying the game, I am looking forward to the full release of Medieval Dynasty this week myself. TW could definitely learn a thing or two from Render Cube on how to deliver an EA product.
I forgot about Medieval Dynasty, i saw some videos and it looked good. Might be something to check out while this gets cooked more in the oven :smile:

I did, I don't support the direction the game is going towards. Before Bannerlords release I was more than determined to enjoy the game of my imagination in its own soul- without mods for a long time. This will never be the case going forward.
80820585.jpg

There was a thread that dug into the damage model, which showed why it was not working right and offered very concrete suggestions on how to fix it, which had responses from a community manager and then... Nothing happened. As it usually goes.
They said that the devs were talking with the RBM guys about the damage model, but this may also amount to nothing.
This was a month ago:
We have started direct communication.

Thats not something to congratulate. A "mod team" should not be instructing Source engine developers how to better program and calibrate their game. Just another example of "Lets just make a big sandbox with some options and let the fans figure out it out" -mentality. Game companies used to have vision and then spend alot of time finely tuning that vision -not reaching out to the public mid development "does anyone know how to do this?!"
You know, this is you haters in a nuthsell.

"Omg TW isn't working with the community, no communication, no interaction, nothing!"
*TW Works with community*
"Omg TW is working with the community, they must be incompetent!"

Working with the communicty doesn´t mean to rely on modders so that they add the most required features the community wants.

It would mean listening to the community requests and not saying stuff like "it´s not possible" and than a few weeks later a modder proves that it is possible...

Back
Top Bottom