Bannerlord vs warband

Users who are viewing this thread

when i road forums and devs comments i am thinking Warband great game Warband has cool features and bannerlord not no

Feasts and match more interesting features :sad:

a big problem with bannerlord is that there not enough things to do outside of war. no feast, no one-on-one duals, not enough interesting quest.
Arena 1v1 with leaderboards been saying it for a while This would be amaaazzingggg let us learn the true potential of these mechanic's in the hyperbolic time chamber we call "Season 1 ladder arena!"

a big problem with bannerlord is that there not enough things to do outside of war. no feast, no one-on-one duals, not enough interesting quest.
Yeah I agree.

Some of the stuff from Warband seems inconsequential but I miss it. I miss the feasts, I miss the whole getting enough renown to have a King actually seeking you out to offer you a place in the Kingdom. I miss the Claimant playthrough. I miss the requirements to join up with a Factions army and perform missions when you were playing as a merc. I kind of miss having your first fief be a crappy village and having to work up from there. Lots of little things I miss.

Yeah I agree.

Some of the stuff from Warband seems inconsequential but I miss it. I miss the feasts, I miss the whole getting enough renown to have a King actually seeking you out to offer you a place in the Kingdom. I miss the Claimant playthrough. I miss the requirements to join up with a Factions army and perform missions when you were playing as a merc. I kind of miss having your first fief be a crappy village and having to work up from there. Lots of little things I miss.
I miss leveling system xp gain system in bannerlord quest got no point :sad:

+1

bring back civil wars
bring back feasts
bring back handcrafted companions
bring back in-depth lord dialogue and the ability to order them to attack/defend a location without you
bring back deserters
bring back manhunters
bring back having to fight your way out in civilian gear when failing to sneak into a town
bring back political quests and denouncement quests
bring back deeper courtship
bring back lord duels
bring back skill books
bring back sword sisters
bring back street battles

+1

bring back civil wars
bring back feasts
bring back in-depth lord dialogue and the ability to order them to attack/defend a location without you
bring back deserters
bring back manhunters
bring back having to fight your way out in civilian gear when failing to sneak into a town
bring back lord duels
bring back skill books
bring back sword sisters
1+

Ok. Sorry to take it and throw a unpopular opinion this time.

I don't agree with just bring back Warband features. Why are we settle with what was there now?

Honestly, features from Warband are not that good as well, with clear limitations from that era.
If in this sense I would suggest they should take the design and reimagine it in the new game

+1

bring back civil wars
bring back feasts
bring back deserters
bring back manhunters
bring back lord duels
bring back skill books
bring back sword sisters
absolutley

@MakinTorf
I was just reading your post in another thread.
I would like to say well put, and great separating those exact points.

In this thread it's a good place I think, to integrate the topic you talked about in that thread.
The core gameplay you mentioned, and the AI problem, battle-only gameplay, is the theme and problem inherent from Warband. Or let's say it's a existing problem for M&B games.

In this sense, I would argue if we aim to bring back old features, instead of just bring them back, reimagine the design of these features in the new game.

Last edited:
In this thread it's a good place I think, to integrate the topic you talked about in that thread.
The core gameplay you mentioned, and the AI problem, battle-only gameplay, is the theme and problem inherent from Warband. Or let's say it's a existing problem for M&B games.
first of all, thank you.

i will not post anything about it becuse this was posted so often in here and i for so long in this forum that i know that the most posts wont be even read by the devs or at least, they dont answer any of them.
who knows what they do and what they plan. i am just tired to read and write the same every week the same stuff everybody is complaining about.

I don't agree with just bring back Warband features. Why are we settle with what was there now?

Honestly, features from Warband are not that good as well, with clear limitations from that era.
If in this sense I would suggest they should take the design and reimagine it in the new game

If you only look back, from the position where bannerlord is today. You might say that warband looks outdated and that bannerlord has "most" of the functions of warband. But if you look from the other perspective (us who played since warband release and prior) you would see that bannerlord has in fact not improved upon those functions much, some have straight up been downgraded or shunned. It's been almost 11 years since warband went into release mode, there was a year before that it was in beta. 11 years for what? We are simply looking for warband to act as an inspiration to the development of bannerlord. That's too much to ask though.

If you only look back, from the position where bannerlord is today. You might say that warband looks outdated and that bannerlord has "most" of the functions of warband. But if you look from the other perspective (us who played since warband release and prior) you would see that bannerlord has in fact not improved upon those functions much, some have straight up been downgraded or shunned. It's been almost 11 years since warband went into release mode, there was a year before that it was in beta. 11 years for what? We are simply looking for warband to act as an inspiration to the development of bannerlord. That's too much to ask though.

I understand what you mean. I myself was very passionate about warband. Sry for the confusion I just created this account last year here for bannerlord, before that I mainly active on a different forum in my language.

My point is not trying to say Bannerlord is better to Warband. I actually feel very similar looking back to warband, ofc graphically and technically outdated. I also agree that there are features on their extends, is what Bannerlord need and should be in Bannerlord. The thing is in Bannerlord these feature can do much more and beyound.

I do agree with this sentiment around the development of Bannerlord tho. So this topic is actually a IF to me, sadly.

Agreed, i hoped bannerlord would be built on the fundations of warband only improving and adding depth to the features that were a bit barebones in it, instead they axed basically every feature that wouldn't fit on a boring button or menu.

The combat and graphics are great i'll give them that but the few new features don't make up for the loss of immersion without the rest.

in Bannerlord these feature can do much more and beyond
A few examples from the list mentioned above.

Political aspect such as denouncement is just quests in Warband. But with ironed out new design in bannerlord surrounding kingdom/faction and clan, these things have the potential to be a part of gameplay, with their own functions and mechanics. What's more is there were already mods exploring this direction.

Civil wars in Warband is resolved around claimants of pretenders, by quests they gives out. It's a scripted situation that will always results in one way or another, and also pretenders are predeterminated characters. Actually if this is the case, we can think Bannerlord is preset into a situation of civil war with 3 pretenders already established. And so yes with that would only mean a single version for empire. But with Bannerlord, what can be even better is civil war as a result of dynamic simulation. A foundation is feature such as rebellion.
in Warband it always felt like the lords had their own personalities
And so it should have being in Bannerlord, yet we only have so little such as different lines of dialogs, as of now. The relations and interactions between 'Heros', between kingdoms/factions, between clans can be a big thing in Bannerlord. Especially with heros, having actual traits, there are matching text that is only flavour text in the game.

Again, I am not trying to say Bannerlord is a better game to Warband, at least in it's current state. The same format can apply to many things in Warband. In my opinion, Warband is still with potentials, if anyone still cares. Although it has already arrived at it's reasonable extends, which I would want to see Bannerlord eventually do as well.

Last edited:

there are a few thing in warband that shouldn't be implemented in Bannerlord, like how sieges used to have only 1-2 ladders, or how factions weren't really "balanced" in they the fact that almost every faction had that one good unit that players would just spam out (Swadian Knights, Nord Huscarls, Rhodan sharpshooters, etc.). however, what people in this thread are talking about are thing to do outside of war/battle because in Bannerlord there isn't anything to do beside tedious quest.

@MakinTorf
I was just reading your post in another thread.
I would like to say well put, and great separating those exact points.

In this sense, I would argue if we aim to bring back old features, instead of just bring them back, reimagine the design of these features in the new game.
Yeah I think this is what everyone means. A lot of the features in Warband weren't developed well and many didn't work well either but a re-worked and re-imagined version of those features would be nice.

To be honest, I really wish Taleworlds would have taken a look at the Warband Mod Nova Aetas and then implemented pretty much that entire mod into this game or at least most of it. It is hard to believe a mod for Warband that took its developer a year and a half to make has dozens and dozens of features that Bannerlord should actually have but doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom