Bannerlord vs. Warband armor (not visual)

Which do you prefer?

• Bannerlord

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Warband

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Either is fine.

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

In my bannerlord game I'm at the middle game (own a few fiefs and make lots of money). After a few battles I end up with tons of looted gear which I can sell for money. Dealing with it is becoming a tiresome chore. It made me wonder what if I could use that gear to equip my army. Something like this seems natural in this game. Although the current unit and upgrade system is probably incompatible with anything like this.

One idea is to have certain units locked until you have their gear/weapons (kinda of the same way with horses). That would be a good money sink and add a whole other level of difficulty in the game. For something like this to work maybe have it implemented only for the player and keep the AI on the old system
I don't know. I don't want money sinks that just take money away and give nothing in return. Then its just a tax. I want more cool stuff to spend the money on.

Though I do agree that the overall quantity of loot is way too high, especially now that inventory space is effectively unlimited. I'd rather see less loot but higher quality.

I kind of miss the old Warband inventory system where space was limited and you had to really prioritize what you took. It made each looted item feel more valuable when you had to look it over and compare its value to what you're already carrying to decide whether or not it was worth taking. Now you just hit "Take all" and move on without a second thought.

I don't know. I don't want money sinks that just take money away and give nothing in return. Then its just a tax. I want more cool stuff to spend the money on.

Though I do agree that the overall quantity of loot is way too high, especially now that inventory space is effectively unlimited. I'd rather see less loot but higher quality.

I kind of miss the old Warband inventory system where space was limited and you had to really prioritize what you took. It made each looted item feel more valuable when you had to look it over and compare its value to what you're already carrying to decide whether or not it was worth taking. Now you just hit "Take all" and move on without a second thought.
Never played warband, but seriously considering it since everyone talks so fondly of it :smile: I think I just like the idea of using loot to equip your own army. Won a huge battle against Sturgians? How about you take all of their axes and start your own division of axemen

If there needs to be money sinks then make it castle/town upgrades. It's frustrating that a piece top tier armor or a weapon can be worth more than 20 of the best horses or the whole wealth of a town. I'm suppose to be a lord with an army of 200+, 3 castles and a town or two and I'm running around in some mid grade armor, that isn't quite as good as my T3 warriors have.
Not that it really matters what armor I have because I can get 1-2 shotted by a top tier archer no matter what I wear. :party:

Back
Top Bottom