Bannerlord Vassals

Users who are viewing this thread

Navesink83

Recruit
So I started a kingdom but one big issue. To get vassals, the only way I could find on the internet was to recruit them by making them like you. Is this the only way? In warband the vassals would come into your capital and you could just accept them there....much more easier. Is there any other way than convincing them?

I dont think that stuff's been fully implemented yet. Even if they make it work like Warband, those guys who just show up in your hall looking to join are usually the crappiest vassals who've been booted out of their old kingdoms. If you wanted good loyal vassals, you still had to make the good guys like you.

I dont think that stuff's been fully implemented yet. Even if they make it work like Warband, those guys who just show up in your hall looking to join are usually the crappiest vassals who've been booted out of their old kingdoms. If you wanted good loyal vassals, you still had to make the good guys like you.
So there is no other way to gain vassals?

So I started a kingdom but one big issue. To get vassals, the only way I could find on the internet was to recruit them by making them like you. Is this the only way? In warband the vassals would come into your capital and you could just accept them there....much more easier. Is there any other way than convincing them?
you have to physically find them. they can be at war or neutral to you so no time restriction. also they don't need a positive relation with your character, i once recruited a guy whos -39 relation with me.

you must save game before talking to them since you might fail the persuation. and once you succeed some people require A LOT OF MONEY to be converted so make sure you have that moolah. i mean serious money. one time i was trying to get my wife Liena's father Aldric to be in my kingdom. he needed 8 million worth of stuff. i had to cheat to get that it wasn't even funny.

you have to physically find them. they can be at war or neutral to you so no time restriction. also they don't need a positive relation with your character, i once recruited a guy whos -39 relation with me.

you must save game before talking to them since you might fail the persuation. and once you succeed some people require A LOT OF MONEY to be converted so make sure you have that moolah. i mean serious money. one time i was trying to get my wife Liena's father Aldric to be in my kingdom. he needed 8 million worth of stuff. i had to cheat to get that it wasn't even funny.
According to dev Mexxico, if they're asking for huge sums of money, that means that they don't really want to join you and are likely to quickly defect, so it might not be worth paying so much.

I 100% recommend a mod that includes a 'send messenger' feature for exactly this reason: It is just tedious to go find all of the potential vassal head-of-clan nobles in person.

I use the Diplomacy Fixes mod really just for that (and it's nice to just be able to declare war at will without the raiding villager shenanigans).

According to dev Mexxico, if they're asking for huge sums of money, that means that they don't really want to join you and are likely to quickly defect, so it might not be worth paying so much.
Hes my wife's father though, my first vessel and still with us to this day. married his daughter to me for 4k but his own allegiance is worth 2000 times that lol wtf. although on an earlier play through i've had 2 people join me after asking for 200k and 400k then defected pretty quickly. however they eventually came around since their kingdom was being destroyed by ours. So when i asked Aldric to join I was expecting up to 500k maybe even 1 million. but never have i imagined he'd want much more. i gave him 35 sets of 200k armor i got from cheat menu. Lets be honest, this was for sentimental "role play" reason and i don't wanna go to war with my "father in law" that's it

be able to declare war at will without the raiding villager shenanigans
you can always declear war by talking to a noble in an opponent faction as the leader of your faction and just attack them. can't do it this way as a vassal/merc

Back
Top Bottom