Sergeant Knight at Arms
Bannerlord - Thief - Stealing and Pickpocketing
Bloc's dev diary,
A simple demonstration of stealing items and pickpocketing in Bannerlord - like in Skyrim
Things to note:
- Almost every object in the town scenes is now available for "stealing". Some of them directly turn into gold upon successful stealing while some goes into your inventory like shown in video. Success rate is depending on certain factors: time of day, your roguery skills, item value/size, people around you, and their facing direction ( ie you can't steal something in front of a shopkeeper especially if item is heavy/big )
- You can pickpocket almost anyone in the scene now as well. Items that are "on" them is random but decided based on their type - meaning that if you manage to pickpocket a guard, it's likely that you can even get their sword. Unlike Skyrim, you can't strip people naked on broad daylight You can only pickpocket from behind. And if someone else is looking at you or to that person, the chance of succeeding goes lower.
- Each action increases your roguery skill depending on the difficulty of the situation. And if you fail the pickpocket/steal, you will get warning a few times but after third attempt, you will be thrown into jail.
- System is directly corporate into game's built-in crime rating. This means, each unsuccessful attempt will increase your crime rating in that faction.
- Everything was done in a few hours. So I didn't tweak every item manually, things you see as 5 gold steal value is just the default one.
I know you were expecting to see a follow-up on Space Battles.. but yeah.. This is more like the other side of the coin in the "Royalty" video. Crime and punishment.
I think this can be integrated into certain quests as well - like stealing a key to some house/place. Also a good way to train your roguery.
Song: Alexander Nakarada - Forest Walk