Bannerlord TDM Gameplay Compilation

Users who are viewing this thread

jon01

Knight at Arms
Nothing competitive. Just getting a feel for the mechanics again. All gameplay from the past month.

Thoughts:
  • Weapon/shield stun happens way too often, and looks extremely buggy
  • On-foot movement feels fat and sluggish (i.e. turning and jumping)
  • Most shields don't offer enough coverage against arrows
  • Some animations (e.g. picking up items) are uselessly slow
  • Ability to switch weapons is pointlessly temporary
  • No option for instant camera snapback stifles gameplay
  • Shield infantries need both a reliable shield and a spear at minimum
  • Horse archers aren't fun to play against (should only be for SP/Captains)
  • Cavalry sliding players along ground is unpredictably messy and silly-looking
  • Spears aren't consistent enough in doing good damage/rearing on cavalry
  • Windup animation for throwing weapons is too quick and sudden
  • Can't cancel throwing weapon mid-throw, just before release
  • Arrows fire too much like lasers, not so much like a bow
  • Chambers are impractical, yet randomly occur in really bizarre ways
  • Cavalry can knock-down players to the ground for too long
Otherwise, I think there's a good game in there.

i dont agree about shields coverage, its actually enermous compared to warband
and horse archers are absolutely fun to play aganist if you know how to counter them
How do you counter them?

Archers can shoot underneath the normal Tribal Warrior shield (for example) into your legs and feet really easily, even if you're holding it towards them specifically in the down direction. And if you select the bigger shield perk, you can't spawn in with a spear (while cavalry can easily rush you just as you spawn), and you'll need to be looting on the ground for a good long while - probably only to find some stupid 2h weapon like a pitchfork or something. The way you have to account for the shield direction against arrows when quickly turning towards an archer to the side (possibly only at a 45 degree angle) feels really bonkers. Apart from these issues, I'm fine with the feel of directional shields in melee combat.

Really that that lance stab a 4:45 where the lance is even on the wrong side or the horse and still hits you for full damage. The real point why cav is broken is not hp or armor but it is that the hitboxes are a mess.
Could it be that TW accidentally swapped hitboxed for NPCs and Players and that's why cav in Captain is so underwhelming:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom