Bannerlord - Taleworlds please add durability to weapons and armors

Users who are viewing this thread

viking conquest had this and the ability of giving the best modifiers to any piece of equipment was very nice.

but i wouldn't want it if it were for the player only. it needs to be for all NPCs too.

it would force armies to return to a friendly town to fix their stuff or go on with less effectiveness.

Oh i hope in the next update each arrow shot will cost money and needs to be in the inventory!
it would fix archer spam. and/or it will force armies to leave the frontlines to resupply.

I read a suggestion about breaking weapons for the duration of the current battle that I really liked. Repeatadly running you lance into targets should risk it breaking. But like arrows and throwing-weapons, it´s recoverable after battle. That would give extra variables to consider when choosing weapons.

But meaningless run's to the smith to repair fills no purpuse.

Gotta make sure your weapon disappears from existence as soon as it reaches minimum durability
And give us weapon enchantments too, I wanna use a sword of paralysis on Rhagaea :oops:

Or have weapons randomly break when used, so huge battles will always end in fistfights.
Armor should break randomly too, so those fistfights would degenerate into naked brawls.

Last edited:
I didn't find it funny to have to carry around spare parts in form of redundant guns in Fallout 3, as the carry weight was limited. Maybe you were very young when you played those and more prone to uncritically accept whatever the game threw at you. Also, in both games, the durability system messed with my OCD. How do you walk around with weapons at 98% and not think about it?
You didn't really need to carry around the extra parts, that's what storage containers were for. If your weapon breaks, you go home collect the parts, make the repairs, and go back into the capital wasteland. When a weapon broke in the middle of a fight it forced you to switch to a weapon that you might not otherwise use and It encouraged people to bring multiple weapons into a fight, which I simply don't do in Fallout 4, I just bring my one best gun, which in my opinions kinda lame. I have plenty of complaints and criticism towards both games, but the repair system was not one of those complaints. Regarding your 98% comment, I don't have OCD so I don't see a problem with carrying around an almost fully repaired weapon. Things get damaged and worn down as you use them over time, and unless you keep up with maintaining their condition they won't stay functional for long. I can only imagine the wear and tear weapons experience in a nuclear wasteland. I don't find this tedious, no more than I find it tedious to breath in and exhale air every few seconds so that I don't pass out and die.

Does this fit in Bannerlord? No not really, I could see it maybe as an extra use for smithing but that's about it. It wouldn't really contribute much towards gameplay, as other people have mentioned it's a strategy game with rpg elements and not an RPG so adding a system like repair just wouldn't fit. I would much rather see an Armor crafting system get added to smithing more than anything else, and perhaps later when you make your own kingdom you could smith a custom crown.

Last edited:
I would except an awful stamina system before a item durability one.
I don't understand what people have against stamina though. Is it really more fun to be an immortal god running and swinging things effortlessly that would make any normal human exhausted after long enough? I get that it's a game and people like doing things they can't do in real life, but Stamina and physical fitness was and still is a huge part of armed combat, and wouldn't feel out of place in a game like Bannerlord. In fact I bet it would solve a lot of the issues with swing spamming in pvp modes. Mentioning you want stamina will have people freak out on you though like its blasphemy.

I don't understand what people have against stamina though. Is it really more fun to be an immortal god running and swinging things effortlessly that would make any normal human exhausted after long enough? I get that it's a game and people like doing things they can't do in real life, but Stamina and physical fitness was and still is a huge part of armed combat, and wouldn't feel out of place in a game like Bannerlord. In fact I bet it would solve a lot of the issues with swing spamming in pvp modes. Mentioning you want stamina will have people freak out on you though like its blasphemy.
Well they could make a good stamina system(or one that just targets certain MP complaints, in MP only), but it would take a lot of work and other changes to the game too, I mean they can't figure out how to make Cavalry hit consistently or make guys go up ladders still, there's no reason to think adding stamina wouldn't just be a huge **** bed that would take 6 months to clean up. Really there all kinds of good ideas for how stamina could be used in the game, but they all take huge overhauls to work, the AI's whole plan is either "stay in corner" or "full bum rush" so neat ideas like troops and horses getting tired in battle and needing you to have separate squads to stagger out through the fight, just need so much changes to everything that you know TW won't do it.

Is it really more fun to be an immortal god running and swinging things effortlessly that would make any normal human exhausted after long enough?
For most people, yes.
In fact I bet it would solve a lot of the issues with swing spamming in pvp modes. Mentioning you want stamina will have people freak out on you though like its blasphemy.
Selection bias: almost everyone who is OK with stam in this kind of game already plays Mordhau, at least for PvP. Bannerlord is the (only?) bastion of stam-free slashers.

N
Hi Taleworlds and all bannermaniac,

first sorry for my poor English!

I have one idea how to the improve game regarding weapons and equipment. Basically, from the first mount and the blade, I was quite irritated, that the weapons and armors do not have a degree of endurance. Practically as soon as you got the best sword or armor, so you were not tempted to change the equipment. Add durability of weapons and armors please. Weapons and armors player should be can repair, but equipments after repair will los some stats, or weapons and equipement will downgrade to lower level.

What you, about this?

Best regards
Molnija
No thanks, sounds like a hassle my in house blacksmith takes care of after every battle.

I hate weapon/armor durability in games. In some survival games it can, sort of, make sense but in a game like this it's just a terrible idea. I can't see TW doing this but if they did I would mod it out asap.
I agree, I would hate it, it's a waste of time to work on the issue when there are higher priority tickets. Siege ai / armor effectiveness/ weapon balance / Party ai.

Is a pointless addition that just adds busy work.

I'd love to have this. Especially if combined with a smithing or engineering perk to fix rusty or cracked weapons, whether yours or in the loot.

I'd love to have this. Especially if combined with a smithing or engineering perk to fix rusty or cracked weapons, whether yours or in the loot.

But fixing weapon and armour is a compleatly different thing!
I like the idea of breaking a weapon for the duration of the current battle. Breaking it does not mean it´s useless though, just that it lose a level of quality. Modifiers lika rusty, bent, crude, worn etc should be possible get by using and to remove with smithing or by visiting a blacksmith. High-tier smiths could add fine, balanced, superior etc modifiers.

I would like to stack modifiers as well. Especially the bad. I mean, a sword can be both rusty, crude and worn. Fixing such a weapon to not have any negative modifier would take a smith alot of time. Looter gear does definatly qualify for multiple bad modifiers.

If anything we should be able to restore the -modified items we get from loot.
Yea this would be a good addition imo. Warband post battle scavenging occasionally turned up decent items, even into the mid-late game. The items I get as loot after now are guff, especially the armour, surely at least one troop will get a face-arrow leaving me some pristine armour to wear.

... I would also like to add I dislike the item-breakdown mechanic in games, so it's a no from me too.

Hi Taleworlds and all bannermaniac,

first sorry for my poor English!

I have one idea how to the improve game regarding weapons and equipment. Basically, from the first mount and the blade, I was quite irritated, that the weapons and armors do not have a degree of endurance. Practically as soon as you got the best sword or armor, so you were not tempted to change the equipment. Add durability of weapons and armors please. Weapons and armors player should be can repair, but equipments after repair will los some stats, or weapons and equipement will downgrade to lower level.

What you, about this?

Best regards
Molnija
I personally would like this. Some just want one character and don't like the clan system and heir system . They just want one character i find this boring af . but the game needs details to make it interesting and not just waiting and wishing for the next big battle those people should just play custom battles really.

Back
Top Bottom