Bannerlord: Tabula Rasa (OOC)

Users who are viewing this thread

I was thinking that, at some point in the future, my character recounts his experiences at the battle of Pendraic. As is probably true in real life, the anecdotes available tell different truths but with a similar overall narrative. They do seem to limit each faction to a particular role and give them each a "turn" in sequence, though, so I'm wondering if I can use some artistic licence. Within reason, of course :grin: My character would not likely to have seen much from his position anyway. I can give a short breakdown of what I have in mind for critique if others have their own ideas.

Last edited:
I was thinking that, at some point in the future, my character recounts his experiences at the battle of Pendraic. As is probably true in real life, the anecdotes available tell different truths but with a similar overall narrative. They do seem to limit each faction to a particular role and give them each a "turn" in sequence, though, so I'm wondering if I can use some artistic licence. Within reason, of course :grin: My character would not likely to have seen much from his position anyway. I can give a short breakdown of what I have in mind for critique if others have their own ideas.

I'm a big fan of the idea that the truth of any event is pretty elusive. I would imagine many characters have their own view of the Battle of Pendraic based on their role in the battle and what side they fought for. And again, given the idea that the "truth" of it is pretty up in the air, I think it's easy to explain any differences as differences in PoV or memory.

One could of course imagine if a character has a radically different point of view from most other characters, there might be some reactions of disbelief to any statements (e.g., a character could easily believe that Emperor is in fact still alive and just hiding, but most characters would probably see that as a pretty crazy idea).

If this means someone will finally post again, you may rewrite history for all I care.

:lol:

Posted.

I would imagine many characters have their own view of the Battle of Pendraic based on their role in the battle and what side they fought for
:grin: Basically, I find it odd that Vlandian infantry (of whom one would be my character) are not mentioned but only their cavalry. My idea (based on what I found here and here) is that the Battanians ambushed and devastated the Imperial vanguard but were repelled by those Aserai and Imperial infantry that were able to regroup. The Vlandian cavalry covered the retreat meeting and running down the pursuers, almost reaching the main Imperial army in the process. However, as the impetus of their charge was lost, they had to withdraw in the face of the advance of reinforcing Khuzait horsemen. The Vlandian and surviving Battanian infantry closed ranks, with their lines providing a screen behind which the Vlandian cavalry could rally and launch local counterattacks. Whilst all this was happening, the Sturgians were attacking and defeating the main part of the Imperial army, doing whatever it was they were doing as my character probably didn't see that.

Yeah I'm still around as well, but last 2 weeks on the job were super busey. Also my girlfriend has been claiming my PC for some work purposes which left me keyboardless for many hours last week. Might have a post up later today/this weekend.

And we're back. :grin:

If anyone needs dialogue from my end, just send me a PM and I'll get you something (or feel free to write something and then send it to me if you'd prefer I just approve something).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom