Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

Users who are viewing this thread

This game is awesome! Everything that I expected and much, much more! Thank you, dear Devs, for the previous days of pure joy! (And for the years to come, full of the same! :smile: )

As an American finding a game under $60 is amazing. I don't even understand why anyone is complaining about a game that was literally discounted almost the moment it launched. We signed up for a beta I'm amazed it wasn't worse is it good I like the ideas that the game has presented are they done no so solid 6/10 for me. Just gonna ride out the patches.

Welps... This will increase TW's publicity regardless of whether it's negative or positive.

I do enjoy reading the forum threads of people, possibly strangers that never met, going at it in a full blown argument though there's a lack of more professional emotive words than **** :iamamoron:

For me, I've experience the save corruption bug in patch 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 and probably 1.0.4??? We'll see... ?

That's a total of three new campaigns that were started from scratch.

I think the issue here is all about managing expectations at an individual level and that's difficult as we all have different levels of tolerance.

Have I stopped playing Bannerlord? Yes.

Will I play it again in the near future? Yes - possibly next week when I can progress my saves and as a bonus I have three different saves to choose from ?

So for every negative experience there's something positive you can take from it. Life's too short to argue over trivial things like this. (y)

Experiencing massive game & pc crashes right now, when I try to do big battles. Its not that I'm having a bad pc or something - battle & sieges actually run smooth for me. But when I try to fight in a battle or siege >100 men the game will eventually freeze AND I cant open Task Manager. When this occurs I have to put down the pc completely. Tried to fight the battle on lowest graphic settings as well - doesnt work.
Anybody having the same issue?

Last edited:
What's going on with the saves? Are they lost? My game is crashing! Are they lost?

I had a very good setup... I'm kinda disappointed.

I expect ppl to play this game around 2 weeks and then majority will quit it and who knows when they will come back to it.
If it's not playable at all for some, it doesn't even make sense. I see this as a potential total fail.

Last edited:
Arena is a bit weird. Sometimes it feels like playing against the Shadow Legion Centurions from Prophesy of Pendor, that's how accurate the javelin throwers feel. Laser guided missiles straight to my head before I can even orient myself. It's still pretty fun though.

Also, why are Stances not covered in the tutorial section? They are a not-insignificant part of the combat system, I've heard, allowing you access to skill-based gameplay features such as chambering attacks, and yet they're not covered in the game's own tutorial. Why the disconnect there?

And yeah, I have 8GB ram and experience quite a few FPS problems with Bannerlord. Whereas I can play a game like PlanetSide 2, which is known to be poorly optimized, on Ultra graphics at a reasonably stable 30FPS even when population is upwards of hundreds playing at once in the same relative area. Maybe I'm not doing the comparison right, but it seems to me there is a big problem with optimization or some kind of memory leak present in the game. It seems weird that 8GB of RAM is not enough to play a game at a stable FPS even at lowest settings.

Last edited:
What's going on with the saves? Are they lost? My game is crashing! Are they lost?

I had a very good setup... I'm kinda disappointed.

I expect ppl to play this game around 2 weeks and then majority will quit it and who knows when they will come back to it.
If it's not playable at all for some, it doesn't even make sense. I see this as a potential total fail.

We get it, you don't like the game. It is hopeless, everything sucks, you hate the devs yada yada.

Why exactly are you still here flaming on the forum?

I'm thinking these ppl stayed in the office 8 years on facebook and didn't work on the game.

[...]

If I do this **** in any office ever I'm getting fired the next day! They are lucky with the fans and the community that hold them up, we payed their wages, fat lazy bastards who sat in the office 8 years and did almost nothing!

[...]

In 8 years one guy could do it alone!! There are ppl out there who actually created alone better stuff than this. Look on youtube!

Reporting bugs is good, this is not exactly constructive criticism though. The doom and gloom attitude really doesn't help anyone, nor does the name calling, that's all I am saying. Especially because some of the things that you write are simply not true ("In 8 years one guy could do it alone!! ", yeah, good luck with that).

The Game is so grea.I played it now round about 30 hours.
Every Bug i had was fixed on the same day. I only in very big battles some framerate problems altough
my CPU and GPU was not fully occupied.

But now to some ideas: The Game needs an Diplomcy Overview like in the Diplomacy Mod for Warband.
It is to difficult to overlook the situation.
And sometime the Siege AI is buggy, they run to letters when the gate just broken.(I hope my English is not so bad)
But holy sh*t have that game potential.
One Question I have. I joined Vlandia, and have a Castle, I conquered some Cities and new Casles too.
But why I cannot vote for my to own them. What Conditions work ther in the Background.
And please make it easer to see how your relation to the Nobles is developing.

Now you have to do it and polish the game and integrate all remaining featuers.
But the start looks very good.

There is a particular scene that I don't like, the roasted chicken in tavern and markets, chicken is the food for riches and nobles, not ordinary folks, it make sense even in a fantasy setting, as killing the chicken would mean no eggs and no chicks to grow, that's a huge cost for farmers. Rather it would be more suitable to have more fish like salmon and cod.

Last edited:
Is there any list/blog where we can see all the features that we know are already planned to be in the game in its full release?

Messing around with the trainer in tutorial... Is chamber blocking much harder than warband? It's entirely possible that either I suck or my character just sucks at the beginning or both

I love it. Basic gameplay its playable. Im lucky few that never face any crash whatsoever.

I personally think its an okay EA. You could fully release this in near future with some fixes.

Back
Top Bottom