Bannerlord Persistent World mod. I can't stop thinking about what it could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

I know its still crazy early to be thinking about it but all I can think about is how amazing a "persistent world" mod is going to be when it finally comes around. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's a lot to explain but ill try to sum it up. It is a current mod for Warband though it certainly isn't what it once was anymore. In it you can create your own character on a persistent open world, online map. The map contains different player faction you can join and there are frequent wars etc going on. For me personally, I loved the RP aspect of it. There are plenty of non-combat roles and activities to do and unique stories to create from working as a Smith and making weapons for the faction or Working at the local in and supplying wine and food. Any other old PW players out there?

I also really wan't the editor tools to come out so I can do some map editing for a future PW mod. I really can't wait to do some role playing.

Remember this video from way back? It is definitely the most PW dev video to me if the stuff shown in it still hold true. I really like the giant map size they show. Really makes me think of giant Persistent countrysides and vast distances between factions. Lots of towns and villages dotted about with the major factions and their castles not having to be right on top of each other like they are under the current Warband map size restrictions.

Hopefully we can have a more “persistent world”. It would be nice to have something akin to life is feudal, with dozens of groups dotted around the map with varying levels of influence and membership. I am looking forward to it.

Hopefully we can have a more “persistent world”. It would be nice to have something akin to life is feudal, with dozens of groups dotted around the map with varying levels of influence and membership. I am looking forward to it.
OH MY GOOOD. I'M DOING HOMER SIMPSON NOISES. PLEASE THIS

sounds cool. like Eve Online but in ye olde times. can't help but wonder how well it would/does work, considering the difficulties even games dedicated to persistent online worlds face (and they throw millions at servers and software tech). but i definitely love the concept.

@bodhi68k It exists/existed for Warband. I would probably consider it one of the longer lasting and popular multiplayer mods for it. If it could be done there then I'm sure it can be done in Bannerlord. That's another reason why I showed the developer video in the OP. They really want to make this game easily moddable. The Mods and Modders are the ones that really kept Warband going for years.

I'm hopeful that Vornne will develop PW for Bannerlord. I think a lot of the more recent iterations on the Persistent System lost sight of (or perhaps never saw) what PW can be. Bannerlord certainly expands on that.

Back
Top Bottom