Bannerlord online more toxic than chernobyl

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, this nonsense has finally gotten to where I’m just going to have to take a vacation of sorts from Bannerlord on the whole. This game, even when I’m performing at my best and winning, frustrates me primarily due to nonstop garbage human interactions. Bought No Man’s Sky on recommendation from my younger brothers.
Recent notable three example matches in summary:

1. Battania v. Sturgia (Skirmish)
First round loss, teammate ragequits and is never replaced. Enemy team proceeds to hound and camp the spawn ramps the next three rounds and taunt us as if they’re executing a Heinz Guderian-tier master plan.

2. Khuzait v. Empire (Captain)
All three rounds lost to 6-stack legionary rushes, In all three rounds, all enemy commanders initial characters survive with minimal losses and having eliminated the entire Khuzait force. Two Khuzait captains rage quit after flinging expletives in all directions. A third captain is kicked for AFKing two rounds in a row.

3. Empire v. Vlandia (Captain)
Second lowest scoring Captain proceeds to wait in spawn idly because the rest of the team didn’t “follow his orders”. Those who call him out are repeatedly teamkilled, and no time is left to kick him before the game ends abruptly with a server crash late in the third round.

I probably won’t come back. I had a genuinely more pleasurable human experience in old school Counterstrike and LoL than I’ve had in Bannerlord. I expect many others will similarly leave MP if not the game as a whole, especially during the holiday season as some fresh meat comes in only to be essentially punished for their purchase.
To be honest, those moments of miscommunication and frustration are just part of the thrill and it has something strangely cathartic to loose but feel like you did everything right.
Twhen everything goes right and you and your mates catch the enemy on the wrong foot, achieve a crushing victory and it's "cheers" ang "good job" all around become even better for that.

Edit: Concerning the abuse of kick-polls: I think one part is that the compensation for missing players is too generous. The extra troops/gold you get are often more valuable than a weak player and that creates an incentive to prune your team liberally.
Additionally the way badges function with "winner takes it all" makes skirmish and captain more tryhard than they need to be. I think the introduction of loot has mended this problem to some degree.

Last edited:
Winning gives like an extra 20-25, while a good performence is like 20 loot and a very good one 30 loot. Seems to reward tryharding for team to win even more than before.

Winning gives like an extra 20-25, while a good performence is like 20 loot and a very good one 30 loot. Seems to reward tryharding for team to win even more than before.
Badges give you nothing if your team looses. The relative difference between 45 loot and 20 loot is smaller than the relative difference between one win and nothing.

Most of my experience is in NA captains mode, in my opinion skirmish is more toxic than captain, and EU is more toxic than NA. Ive met recognizable EU captains that start every game saying "rush", frequently start a vote to kick and end every game calling their opponents "ez noobs", I feel for the people that are new to the game right now, vote to kick is used more often to kick people trying to learn than it is to kick trolling players. Respect your opponents if you want the game to flourish, the good, challenging players don't have to subject themselves to an abusive environment and newer players will give up on getting better, playing all together, or start being mean to others in-game.
Sounds cryptic :p

I cringe at the "ez's" especially when they are playing inf and way low on the score card.

I have fun in matches even when the team I'm on is terrible or noob or whatever, I say play the game and unit choices you've been dealt and look forward to the next match if it's a lousy hand. Communicate with intention but respectfully to try to get people to consider their tactics a bit but don't get to upset when it doesn't go the way you have instructed.

That game on Deriad the other day vs you commander and some other vets was a good example... and it almost ended with a w for us after a few rounds of pleading with our team too try not running archers towers the enemy infantry haha, was fun :smile:

People have boarded the serious train to much when it comes to random matches and that shows clearly from this thread. I wish they would chill a little for the sake of the wider community of players.

Save kicks for afk and team killers

Last edited:
Honestly, IMO the M&B community have always been somewhat 'toxic' but Ive also come to realize that much of it is just banter, granted its rather harsh banter, but its just banter nonetheless and if you begin to view it as just banter, you will have a better time.

You die a lot in these games. In games where you die a lot, the toxicity seem higher because, who likes to lose?

"Theres no such thing as bad losers - only bad winners"

Oh boy. Someone didn't quite read what he was replying to thoroughly. That was one stance of many. The "once" is to connected to the reason I provided. I never said it was the only time I got votekicked in an abusive manner.
If you get kicked many times you probably are special, so worth ignoring. Btw you never said it was a stance of many, so oh boy!!!

If you get kicked many times you probably are special, so worth ignoring.

You are proving the attitude that causes the problem perfectly. Thank you.

Btw you never said it was a stance of many, so oh boy!!!

I shouldn't have had to double down on it. The "I once got kicked for x reason" should have been enough for you that I was only listing one insane instance. Apparently not though, went right over your head.

You are proving the attitude that causes the problem perfectly. Thank you.

I shouldn't have had to double down on it. The "I once got kicked for x reason" should have been enough for you that I was only listing one insane instance. Apparently not though, went right over your head.
judging by his other posts he's a rabid taleworlds apologist probably a dev's alt account for forum posts.

Back
Top Bottom