Bannerlord online more toxic than chernobyl

Users who are viewing this thread

Just hopped into skirmish after several months away. I hoped it had gotten better with reporting and a functional vote-kick. First match had a clansman constantly shouting on voice chat, using then-word at least once every sentence. He then votedkicked our worst player by claiming to the others he was afk (which he wasn't, that was a lie).

The guy who got voted was trying his best. I know how ****ty I would have felt if that was me. I'd be willing to bet good money that he won't be playing skirmish in 6 months. I can, honest to god, not imagine any game that is less welcoming to new players than this.

EDIT: Tried skirmish again today and got insta-kicked first game. Tried again, kicked again. Seems I'm not allowed to play

Last edited:
Just hopped into skirmish after several months away. I hoped it had gotten better with reporting and a functional vote-kick. First match had a clansman constantly shouting on voice chat, using then-word at least once every sentence. He then votedkicked our worst player by claiming to the others he was afk (which he wasn't, that was a lie).

The guy who got voted was trying his best. I know how ****ty I would have felt if that was me. I'd be willing to bet good money that he won't be playing skirmish in 6 months. I can, honest to god, not imagine any game that is less welcoming to new players than this.
Lmao who was this? I have suspicion.

I wouln't witch hunt people, but I did report him in game. I could laso give the name to the mods I guess.

A big frenchman indeed
O no I wouldn't witchhunt the man, I expected nothing less tbh. This is bannerlord, toxicity is core gameplay as the rest of the gameplay is awful.
If you don't see/hear the n-word in a match, then you should be disappointed as you missed the true bannerlord experience.

Also it's Obelix who is probably banned from these forums already.

O no I wouldn't witchhunt the man, I expected nothing less tbh. This is bannerlord, toxicity is core gameplay as the rest of the gameplay is awful.
If you don't see/hear the n-word in a match, then you should be disappointed as you missed the true bannerlord experience.

Also it's Obelix who is probably banned from these forums already.
That is really sad honestly. When Bannerlord mp is good it is a really fun experience. Some friendly banter between players can even improve the experience tbh. The state it'sin now (talking spefically about skirmish) it's no fun at all. Heck, I couldn't even play skirm today I just got kicked.

It's quite likely that TW has abandoned MP and is only updating the most rudimentary aspects to make it look as if they're still "working" on it. With this kind of attitude, this game will never be revived. The MP community was so toxic from the beginning and only about 30 psychos remain, the type of dudes who spend all of their time playing this game and looking at ****ed up **** on the internet.

It's quite likely that TW has abandoned MP and is only updating the most rudimentary aspects to make it look as if they're still "working" on it. With this kind of attitude, this game will never be revived. The MP community was so toxic from the beginning and only about 30 psychos remain, the type of dudes who spend all of their time playing this game and looking at ****ed up **** on the internet.
First part seem quite likely. The second im not sure about. Apart from the number 30 ?

I got the impression that a lot of the toxicity everyone is complaining about is limited to skirmish.

Maybe the "quick play" button in your home-screen that new players will first encounter should lead you to TDM or Siege which is far more beginner friendly. Alas outside of the EU these modes are scarcely poputated.

Most of my experience is in NA captains mode, in my opinion skirmish is more toxic than captain, and EU is more toxic than NA. Ive met recognizable EU captains that start every game saying "rush", frequently start a vote to kick and end every game calling their opponents "ez noobs", I feel for the people that are new to the game right now, vote to kick is used more often to kick people trying to learn than it is to kick trolling players. Respect your opponents if you want the game to flourish, the good, challenging players don't have to subject themselves to an abusive environment and newer players will give up on getting better, playing all together, or start being mean to others in-game.

If Taleworlds released ranked matchmaking and more maps at the EA release we would have 3x more players. I don't blame the good players for kicking newbies they totally ruin their fun. I myself kick noobs sometimes if I don't I get gangbanged by 4 players and my team is already dead because they have 20 hours in the game. I feel bad for both new and good players and I blame nobody but Taleworlds. They will implement Ranked eventually but who will play when the players already left in the 1st 3 months after release.
Can't agree more. Rank and more new maps really needed. And I feel exactly the same to u on kicking. I feel sad for both new and good players and I won't blame either of them. It's hard to tell who is right and who is wrong. They are both victims of current matching system. Even one day good matching released, how many Bannerlord players will still be there? All I can do is to hope, hope TW along with every player who loves this game like us to make Bannerlord better and better.:sad:

Here is the issue from the other perspective: there are so few players that generally clans/competitive communities have to coordinate queuing with each other just to get a single 6v6... Now imagine these 6 people queuing separately (yet coordinated as one group in a voice chat generally) and one does not get in because of a random queuing. Do they wait the 10-15 minutes for the game to be over, considering they are not going to play an enjoyable game due to one side not having a competitive tier player? Or do they kick this individual to get the competitive tier player that was left out to get in. They feel it is their prerogative to choose who gets in or not due to the fact the game wouldn't even exist if they didn't coordinate to queue skirmish.
if you are trying to justify this ridiculous behavior, I'd tell you to gfy... That's all I'm saying.
I don't play M&B online (WB or BL, BL I've never even touched the online), though I got an e-mail through TaleWorlds with the infamous "see what you are missing" and I have to read that kind of reply. Just ridiculous...
If we port this sort of behavior to real-life games, like having a nice basketball or football match outside, probably these losers kicking in-game would defecate in their pants in fear... Online behavior has too much toxicity due to non-idiots not being able to bash-in these wankers' faces... That's the truth, and that's what I'd do to them tbh... Didn't learn respect from crackhead parents? Fine, I teach you with my fists.
and you came here to cry. wuss
are you mentally impaired or something?

Last edited:
Yeah, this nonsense has finally gotten to where I’m just going to have to take a vacation of sorts from Bannerlord on the whole. This game, even when I’m performing at my best and winning, frustrates me primarily due to nonstop garbage human interactions. Bought No Man’s Sky on recommendation from my younger brothers.
Recent notable three example matches in summary:

1. Battania v. Sturgia (Skirmish)
First round loss, teammate ragequits and is never replaced. Enemy team proceeds to hound and camp the spawn ramps the next three rounds and taunt us as if they’re executing a Heinz Guderian-tier master plan.

2. Khuzait v. Empire (Captain)
All three rounds lost to 6-stack legionary rushes, In all three rounds, all enemy commanders initial characters survive with minimal losses and having eliminated the entire Khuzait force. Two Khuzait captains rage quit after flinging expletives in all directions. A third captain is kicked for AFKing two rounds in a row.

3. Empire v. Vlandia (Captain)
Second lowest scoring Captain proceeds to wait in spawn idly because the rest of the team didn’t “follow his orders”. Those who call him out are repeatedly teamkilled, and no time is left to kick him before the game ends abruptly with a server crash late in the third round.

I probably won’t come back. I had a genuinely more pleasurable human experience in old school Counterstrike and LoL than I’ve had in Bannerlord. I expect many others will similarly leave MP if not the game as a whole, especially during the holiday season as some fresh meat comes in only to be essentially punished for their purchase.

Yeah, this nonsense has finally gotten to where I’m just going to have to take a vacation of sorts from Bannerlord on the whole. This game, even when I’m performing at my best and winning, frustrates me primarily due to nonstop garbage human interactions. Bought No Man’s Sky on recommendation from my younger brothers.
Recent notable three example matches in summary:

1. Battania v. Sturgia (Skirmish)
First round loss, teammate ragequits and is never replaced. Enemy team proceeds to hound and camp the spawn ramps the next three rounds and taunt us as if they’re executing a Heinz Guderian-tier master plan.

2. Khuzait v. Empire (Captain)
All three rounds lost to 6-stack legionary rushes, In all three rounds, all enemy commanders initial characters survive with minimal losses and having eliminated the entire Khuzait force. Two Khuzait captains rage quit after flinging expletives in all directions. A third captain is kicked for AFKing two rounds in a row.

3. Empire v. Vlandia (Captain)
Second lowest scoring Captain proceeds to wait in spawn idly because the rest of the team didn’t “follow his orders”. Those who call him out are repeatedly teamkilled, and no time is left to kick him before the game ends abruptly with a server crash late in the third round.

I probably won’t come back. I had a genuinely more pleasurable human experience in old school Counterstrike and LoL than I’ve had in Bannerlord. I expect many others will similarly leave MP if not the game as a whole, especially during the holiday season as some fresh meat comes in only to be essentially punished for their purchase.
stay strong man... it's just a combination of unpleasant circumstances... everything will change for the better!

Back
Top Bottom