Bannerlord Online mod

Users who are viewing this thread

That's just some chat mod. A reverse engineered and hacked server is a completely different thing.
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic again or not but you cannot reverse engineer a server if you don't have access to an "actual" server. Which no one does at the moment - apart from TW employees.

That chat mod and this mod is basically doing the same thing. Transferring information via relayer server and showing that visually on the game.

I'm not vouching for this shady Russian guy - especially now I'm seeing that his dll is heavily obfuscated. But there is no violation or any sort in this mod as far as I can see.

interesting, I would like to see people streaming gameplay
I streamed for a few hours yesterday just to showcase the mod to some people, but only recorded in-game sounds and it crashed a few times.
What are the damages? I don’t see monetary damages in this case and copyrights aren’t in violation. Breach of the terms and conditions from the usage of the game may be the only issue, but that’s civil not criminal.
The damage would be if the mod bypasses a GUID/legit game copy check, meaning they could lose out on sales as there would be no need to purchase the game in order to play multi-player. That being said, Warband has also had it's Multiplayer cracked. Secondarily, their patreon rewards might breach TWs new monetisation policy which state you can't give stuff that is otherwise unobtainable, or has stats as thank you for donating. But contrary to MadVaders beliefs, I don't think the modders intent is evil or economic as they put up their patreon due to public demand, and the server must cost quite a sum being able to handle 800 players at the same time. I'd still like to point out that the game runs at 90% whenever in-game, but my computer doesn't complain over a virus or bitcoin miner.

That's just some chat mod. A reverse engineered and hacked server is a completely different thing.
Check out Ultima Online free servers. It's a similar situation. A team of people created their own version of the game server that was compatible with the official client. EA never shut them down, which definitely seems like something EA would have done if they could.

The damage would come from allowing pirated clients to play. But I don't know if this actually happens on their servers or not. Some said yes, now some say no.
Otherwise, the only damage is circumstential in moving players away from official servers, if Taleworlds somehow benefits from players being there.
Promoting piracy is bound for scrutiny no matter the platform, I don’t see that here with this mod. The modder doesn’t monetarily benefit beyond voluntary donations so I don’t see an issue. I don’t know the finer points when it comes to cosmetic benefits as benefit of donating.

Your second point is not valid. How do you place a monetary value on players playing on your server?

They provide free testing data for the MP devs on official servers?
Assuming that they had already been playing Bannerlord MP before the release of this mod which is false. Besides, native Bannerlord MP and this mod are incomparable in regards to their respective gameplay.

Assuming that they had already been playing Bannerlord MP before the release of this mod which is false. Besides, native Bannerlord MP and this mod are incomparable in regards to their respective gameplay.
Yes, but who wants to play boring Bannerlord MP if they can play in a persistent world? Maybe Taleworlds will need to hire real testers now. That's clear financial impact right there.

Yes, but who wants to play boring Bannerlord MP if they can play in a persistent world? Maybe Taleworlds will need to hire real testers now. That's clear financial impact right there.
Haha I understand what you’re trying to get at. I don’t see any losses occurring as a result of this mod that aren’t voluntary.

The damage would be if the mod bypasses a GUID/legit game copy check, meaning they could lose out on sales as there would be no need to purchase the game in order to play multi-player.
Yeah I agree, bypassing piracy checks is not acceptable and definitely against terms and conditions. I’m unsure if this mod makes that move.

Last edited:

Yeah, one is ****ing boring and the other one is the wet dream of the fanbase.

Meanwhile vanilla servers:

9 people online, 1 1/2 looking for the same match as you, estimated time: 36 years to find a game :lol:
I still remember AVCR saying the MP community wasnt dead because it was Early Access therefore it wasn't released, therefore something that wasn't born can be dead, but here's is the living proof native MP sucks massive balls and it's dead

I still remember AVCR saying the MP community wasnt dead because it was Early Access therefore it wasn't released, therefore something that wasn't born can be dead, but here's is the living proof native MP sucks massive balls and it's dead
MP is magically becoming better once 1.6 becomes 2.0, have you not heard?

Taleworlds would be completely within their rights to shut this down, and pirated clients being able to play, and breaches of monetizing policy only aggravate the original offense, which is evil reverse-engineering for evil purposes by evil people.
It's surprising how many here would embrace criminal behavior when it suits them, damages someone else (typically a big bad company), and then try to rationalize this with flimsy moral justifications.

Now, a smart thing for Taleworlds to do in the aftermath of shutting this down, is to set a date for custom server release (something sooner than Soon). This would both appease the mob and pre-empt further cases of hacked Bannerlord servers spreading across the internet.
Everybody (and not only evil haxxorz) would start making persistent worlds and all of you will be very happy grinding with your friends and getting banned for racism and then writing unconvincing unban requests. :smile:
Is this sarcasm or do you have a screw loose

MP is magically becoming better once 1.6 becomes 2.0, have you not heard?
Oh no I haven't heard! Does it bring Battle Mode, takes off the class system, brings customization, SA servers, takes off the stance system, custom servers??!

I'd hire the modders if they managed to convert, what I suspect was the leftover server files in the game folder during the Bannerlord Beta, into a fully working Bannerlord co-op/online mode. Even better if they did this from scratch. If they managed to do it to my game.

Let's just see how Taleworlds will react. If they see some benefit from this mod, they can cooparate with modders and prevent pirated gamers to join servers by simply adding same control process they do for official servers. After all, this mod can easily become Mount&Blade Bannerlord's FiveM. It can draw so many people to the game.

I don't like MMOs anymore but it's just amazing to see things like that happening to Bannerlord. I mean, we had Warband for very long time but there was no match to something like this. Bannerlord is only released a year ago and now there is a co-op mod coming and also we have MMO mod that we can play right now. Amazing to see modding possibilities of Bannerlord.

I'd hire the modders if they managed to convert, what I suspect was the leftover server files in the game folder during the Bannerlord Beta, into a fully working Bannerlord co-op/online mode. Even better if they did this from scratch. If they managed to do it to my game.
Noooo, don't give this suggestion, Armagan will lure the poor modders with promises of participating in the game only to shackle them to TW office dungeon's walls :ohdear:

This mod might singlehandedly save Bannerlord.

If anything, due to just simply playerbase numbers alone.

Meaning, would you rather play this:

Wait-Time.jpg

Or this?

w5bnFgL.png

MadVader as far as I noticed and know, you need a steam copy or legit copy of Bannerlord to run the game. About the taleworlds policy, never really understood the point of banning monetization for skins, someone should support their server and it doesnt ruin the game making it pay2win

Just a quick note, EULAs are not laws, and just because they show up before you install the game that doesn't mean that they are automatically enforceable or fully binding, your jurisdiction and consumer protection laws absolutely override whatever good wishes and policies their lawyers may want to implement. Also, depends on where you live and why and how are you doing it, but in Europe reverse engineering is absolutely legal and normal for a variety of reasons, especially for interfacing with other software. In North America laws are a bit more draconian, but still doable.

If they don't ship any copyrighted assets or code and follow mod etiquette they should be in the clear.

Does that stop anyone from getting legal threats or DMCA takedown requests? No, anyone can send arbitrary cease-and-desists for any reason, legitimate or not. Usually scaring is more than enough.

EPSON may not like or want you to use third-party cartridges in your printer, alleging that it may break it, cause instant combustion or loss of guaranty. But other companies can legitimately try to compete in the same space as long as nothing fishy is going on. Same thing.

In any case I'm not a lawyer, just a silly post on the Internet, and you should do your own legal research.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom