Bannerlord Online mod

Users who are viewing this thread

If they shut down this mod I really do fear for the future of Bannerlord. How much of a slap in the face to the community would that be.

Should have went this direction in the first place Taleworlds, now your game is just a base install for something much greater. Feelsbadman.

Can someone please tell me why this mod feels so responsive? I live in NA west and this mods server is located in Russia (200+ ping) and what I mean by responsive is by how I can faint, jump, run, instantly and see other ppl doing the same thing as if we are all LAN. Bow I’m aware combat is laggy but only that. There is zero delay for any movement or talking to npc’s. Idk it’s just insane that the game feels smoother and more responsive then 80+ ping on NA east TW servers

Idc of this **** is illegal, TW needs to higher this man and pay him big $$$

When this mod gets a bit more content and closer servers I'll have at least 3 mates buying the game for it, so they'll definitely make a lot of sales from keeping this around.

Can someone please tell me why this mod feels so responsive? I live in NA west and this mods server is located in Russia (200+ ping) and what I mean by responsive is by how I can faint, jump, run, instantly and see other ppl doing the same thing as if we are all LAN. Bow I’m aware combat is laggy but only that. There is zero delay for any movement or talking to npc’s. Idk it’s just insane that the game feels smoother and more responsive then 80+ ping on NA east TW servers

Idc of this **** is illegal, TW needs to higher this man and pay him big $$$
Also, the combat feels much more like Warband, I was capable of spamming people meanwhile in mp it's not possible at all. Well I'd assume they removed all the blocking delays n **** that is overwhelmed with in TW MP, which anyone with more brain cells than headcrab would do, but no TW

Is it possible to play the mod with a cracked game? If so, I don't think that the shutdown of this mod is a question of "if" but "when." Anyway, that is some commendable effort that is being put into the module. I also don't think it is fair to condemn TaleWorlds if they, indeed, shut the module down - for exactly that reason. If someone makes a module that allows people who did not buy the game to play multiplayer, it is basically supporting piracy. Well, in the end, it comes down to TaleWorlds enforcing their will upon the developer of the module, but if nothing else, piracy should be a concern and a reason to shut it down. Other than that, I think it is some kind of a grey area - reverse engineering is not strictly illegal unless stated in EULA, and even then, companies oftentimes overlook it. While I think that piracy should be the biggest and only concern and a reason to shut it down, TaleWorlds might want to shut the module down to save their already ruptured image of competence.

If Taleworlds had managed to release this as their own game mode, it would have been the most important thing to happen in all of EA in MP. Who cares about *duel*, compared to this?

I am pretty sure that without it, multiple people from the MP community would have left/taken long breaks these next weeks. (BEAST is about to end for example)

Here is a great chance for TW to keep people interested in the game while MP is going through a really rough phase with balance issues, crashes and bugs.

Last edited:
who did not buy the game to play multiplayer, it is basically supporting piracy
How so? How can making an online mod can be considered as "supporting piracy"?
Based on this logic, we all paid AAA price only for MP then - since it becomes piracy supporting only if it's MP mod. Literally, all other mods are playable with the pirated version.

This is just another mod - nothing more. And code-wise, it's independent from Bannerlord. I.e. if you make a game, let's say Bannerlord clone with exact same endpoints files etc, you can run this mod without needing any BL at all. If TW had some custom server modules and this guy tweaked it in a way that pirated games can also play, then it would be an issue (which, iirc was the case for BF:BC2 mods) But this is not the case.

So, as far as I can see, TW cannot do anything to this mod in legal ways - but they can prevent for this mod to work. Which would be a desperate effort but wouldn't surprise me if TW does that.
Also, shutting this mod via lawsuit won't end privacy for Bannerlord. Because it's not related and I think TW knows that. They can use this as an excuse to justify their extra effort to "block" a mod though, as I mentioned above.

They are apparently giving in-game rewards like named horses and shields in exchange for rewards, which is against the monetisation policy of TaleWorlds.

They are apparently giving in-game rewards like named horses and shields in exchange for rewards, which is against the monetisation policy of TaleWorlds.
I haven't played the mod that extensively but are you able to buy "rewards" with real cash from an online shop? Or sell those for real money? ( I'm guessing no, I didn't see anything related to that ) if there is no real money involved, then it's perfectly fine, not against to any policy.

How so? How can making an online mod can be considered as "supporting piracy"?
Based on this logic, we all paid AAA price only for MP then - since it becomes piracy supporting only if it's MP mod. Literally, all other mods are playable with the pirated version.

This is just another mod - nothing more. And code-wise, it's independent from Bannerlord. I.e. if you make a game, let's say Bannerlord clone with exact same endpoints files etc, you can run this mod without needing any BL at all. If TW had some custom server modules and this guy tweaked it in a way that pirated games can also play, then it would be an issue (which, iirc was the case for BF:BC2 mods) But this is not the case.

So, as far as I can see, TW cannot do anything to this mod in legal ways - but they can prevent for this mod to work. Which would be a desperate effort but wouldn't surprise me if TW does that.
Also, shutting this mod via lawsuit won't end privacy for Bannerlord. Because it's not related and I think TW knows that. They can use this as an excuse to justify their extra effort to "block" a mod though, as I mentioned above.

Single-player games will always have piracy, no matter what we do, this won't change anytime soon. Obviously.

Multiplayer is a different part of the game, however. There are people who will buy the game because they can't play with their friends or just can't play online in general. If you give those people a way to play MP without actually buying the game, you are supporting piracy.

My logic actually doesn't imply that. No, we paid for the game because we love the series, like the game, want to acquire the game legally, or want to play MP with friends. Maybe you can not identify yourself with the last reason, but I am pretty sure many people can... And many people wouldn't have bought the game without MP either.

Your logic would have been correct if it weren't for MP being such a distinct part of the game.

I haven't played the mod that extensively but are you able to buy "rewards" with real cash from an online shop? Or sell those for real money? ( I'm guessing no, I didn't see anything related to that ) if there is no real money involved, then it's perfectly fine, not against to any policy.
They just have Patreon

The potential in this mod is outerworldly and TW needs to god damn support it.
This would be the logical choice, but the thing is for that Taleworlds would need to acknowledge that they failed. And given how stubborn they were in the past few months, I highly doubt they will simply accept that one dude did a better job in a few months than their whole company in years.
As someone said in the thread it's not a question of "If" but "when" and "how". I doubt they will face the issue directly, as this mod is like the messiah of this game for players. I guess they could do an update that makes the mod obsolete but idk if it would work since the mod technically doesn't work with the Multiplayer part of the game.
Anyways, TW will either do anything to shut down this mod, or this mod just accelerated drastically the release of server files. In both cases the mod showed Taleworlds that they failed

Don't know why some people are problematizing a mod, there is nothing ilegal just because it's using it's own servers to run it and they accept donations so what? every single mod on the nexus or moddb can accept donations aswell if the author wants it.

"oh but pirated versions of the game may be able to run it" once again so what? pirated versions of the game can also run any other mod in existence from the nexus or this very forums.

Last edited:
My understanding is that paying for items on a server is only against the monetisation policy if said items aren't cosmetic. Supposedly all that would change with the items they're offering is that they'd have a custom text description, but if you can't get the same horse/shield/sword for free I guess it becomes a grey area again?

As an aside they're making close to median russian income off of that patreon already, lot of people really want that custom named sword

Back
Top Bottom