Bannerlord Online mod

Users who are viewing this thread

agreed, it might look like simple things, but I'd love to just go in a village and be able to chop some wood to get free hardwood for my time, and farm to get some coins or a share of the food that I planted. Small features like this give a game life... even if it's not the "meta" or best use of your time, sometimes it can just be relaxing, like fishing and other activities are in games. I hope in the future we will have more side-activities to do, but I'm sure modders will add tons anyway
Relaxing and casual you say... maybe modders could remake Bannerlord as an idle game.

The same way some companies don't sue you for altering a game because it benefits them and because they look away unless it bothers them
I get what you mean but I'm highly unsure that TW can sue this guy over this because it's non-profit mod. It's not selling or distributing any part of the game. You still require the base game ( I'm not sure but it's very likely that this mod works with pirated games as well though )
At best what they can do is, they can put some effort into this and block the paths for this mod to succeed in their next releases. And mod would be alive only for certain game versions.
I think this is what happened in mister's case as well. They blocked some of his parts in other releases so anyone with newest release was not able to play it and therefore they kinda pulled the plug.

I'm looking forward to seeing what TW will say about this mod to be honest. Even though it looks fairly great, in theory, It's currently challenging TW's knowledge about their own game because many TW employees stated that co-op would be "technically too hard or impossible"

agreed, it might look like simple things, but I'd love to just go in a village and be able to chop some wood to get free hardwood for my time, and farm to get some coins or a share of the food that I planted. Small features like this give a game life... even if it's not the "meta" or best use of your time, sometimes it can just be relaxing, like fishing and other activities are in games. I hope in the future we will have more side-activities to do, but I'm sure modders will add tons anyway
We actually discussed this in our call with mexxico months ago. He also stated that such things could be a good addition and they actually never deeply thought about these things. TW thought such things are "boring" because after doing it more than 5 times, it's becoming mundane.
I bet someone will make a mod SP mod for such things as well though.

I get what you mean but I'm highly unsure that TW can sue this guy over this because it's non-profit mod. It's not selling or distributing any part of the game. You still require the base game ( I'm not sure but it's very likely that this mod works with pirated games as well though )
At best what they can do is, they can put some effort into this and block the paths for this mod to succeed in their next releases. And mod would be alive only for certain game versions.
I think this is what happened in mister's case as well. They blocked some of his parts in other releases so anyone with newest release was not able to play it and therefore they kinda pulled the plug.

I'm looking forward to seeing what TW will say about this mod to be honest. Even though it looks fairly great, in theory, It's currently challenging TW's knowledge about their own game because many TW employees stated that co-op would be "technically too hard or impossible"
Yeah, lets hope they don't do anything bad with the fella. In the case of mister it was kind of more complicated, as they pretty much forced people who don't own the game to download a "pirated" version of it, which would've been illegal. It's also bad when you consider they broke it intentionally

This is a great way to test multiplayer mods. The devs won't let people have custom servers so this might let players test their mods.

holy ****, i was skeptical at first but decided to give it a try, barebones as expected for such new and ambitious project but runs butter smooth here (for a rus server it is), those absolute madmen actually did it, they made an M&B MMO that looks like Persistent World on steroids :shock:

This has national attention now and more concurrent players than both native communities combined. We may be past the point of no return where Taleworlds cant shut this down without national backlash.

How can they claim this is taking players away from their servers so that they can't "gather metrics" when those same players wernt playing the game AT ALL last week? Native multiplayer was such a failure for Bannerlord that this is now more important and more relevant to the playerbase than anything that was going on inside the Taleworlds offices.

This has national attention now and more concurrent players than both native communities combined. We may be past the point of no return where Taleworlds cant shut this down without national backlash.

How can they claim this is taking players away from their servers so that they can't "gather metrics" when those same players wernt playing the game AT ALL last week? Native multiplayer was such a failure for Bannerlord that this is now more important and more relevant to the playerbase than anything that was going on inside the Taleworlds offices.
Yes it's true, but I haven't heard any official statement by anyone in Taleworlds about this anyways, they did shut down one in the beta for very lame and childish reasons, I think they're smart enough to tell how bad an idea would be to do something like this

Mod must check if game is legal or not. And, mod must only work with legal players. If it cant check it proparly; TW should help them for this. This is the only problem about mod if its real(checking if game from legal stores or not & rün only with legals). TW shouldhelp them in this case.

Here an announcement from Bo mod:

@everyone We are very glad to your attention to our project! Thanks for the help in finding bugs and your ideas! If you want to support the project financially, then we will be more than grateful! Your donations will help us stabilize servers, introduce new content, and fix bugs faster. We appreciate you! Our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/BannerlordOnline

Please make them rich, and get ur benefits later.

In the beginning, I was quite sceptical, but I tried the mod a couple of minutes ago and frankly, it's quite smooth - even tho I got a crash, everything seems to be working fine as long as you don't push the limits like me. Great achievement, really.

Also, it's sad because TW actually worked on Co-op implementation - not even Online like this and they failed to make it right. This guy/team single-handedly transformed the game into MMORPG - even with adding extra features(farming etc) that people would like to see even in the SP only.
Of course, it's more problematic for TW to create a Co-op while CI (Continous Integration) going on, but after failing and dropping the idea, making multiple "Co-op is pointless, how will it even gonna work" type of statements is just sad and shows their need of trying to find a scapegoat. This mod shows that idea isn't impossible and not just that but also smooth gaming is achievable. It also shows what a huge potential TW is actually wasting.

Also for those who say that this is not co-op but mmo, they are right, but in theory they are more or less same and if main-server logic can be transferred to LAN/Local Hosting then it's basically done. I'm pretty sure co-op modders are already checking it's code. And both mods will be great.

Normally I would say TW probably gonna try to find an excuse and shut it down, especially after seeing that one single guy is providing a way better and smooth gaming experience than their team but since this mod was actually a huge success in this short time, they might not want to be that hostile.

TW never failed. There is a huge differense between a modder that can do whatever he wants with his time and programers at Taleworlds. Co-op or Bannerlord online was probably upp for discussion and the leaders of Taleworlds decided against it because they dont know anything about games and what makes them fun. These people taking the shots are probably economists and other kind of proffesions that has nothing to do with gaming just like any other gaming company. Wich is exactly why most games today dont hold upp as good as games back in 1995-2010.

TW never failed. There is a huge differense between a modder that can do whatever he wants with his time and programers at Taleworlds. Co-op or Bannerlord online was probably upp for discussion and the leaders of Taleworlds decided against it because they dont know anything about games and what makes them fun. These people taking the shots are probably economists and other kind of proffesions that has nothing to do with gaming just like any other gaming company. Wich is exactly why most games today dont hold upp as good as games back in 1995-2010.
I liked the veracity of your first two sentences but was surprised by how quickly your paragraph turned to unsubstantiated opinions there after.

Last edited:
TW never failed.
TW failed to make the co-op. And they stopped working on that because they thought it won't work and not possible to achieve in short time.
Also, TW's game related/feature related effective leader is Armagan. Literally every single big or small feature goes into code or plan with his order. And he is not an "economist" or anything that is not related to gaming. So your entire statement is just a false assumption.

Back
Top Bottom