Bannerlord Online mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Your logic would have been correct if it weren't for MP being such a distinct part of the game.
I think my logic is still correct in this case. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but just because you think some people are buying the game to play with friends and this mod enables some multiplayer/online, doesn't necessarily mean that mod is "basically supporting piracy".
He is not changing something inside the core game illegally to make it available for pirated games. He is adding something else into the game. As I said, it's independent from the game in theory.
Some might say I'm giving people chance to do CK3 like actions in Singleplayer with my mod. Am I supporting piracy as well? Because you can use it without original Bannerlord and you don't have to buy CK3 at all if you this satisfies you. I'm encouraging people to commit double piracy maybe?
You might say they are not the same, but they are actually the same thing, tech-wise. You are just favouring the MP in this case and that's subjective.

They just have Patreon
Ah, this might be problematic. Having Patreon for support is fine but having patreon and giving away "items" can be an issue. Especially if those items are un-claimable by others.

Don't know why some people are problematizing a mod, there is nothing ilegal just because it's using it's own servers to run it and they accept donations so what? every single mod on the nexus or moddb can accept donations aswell if the author wants it.

"oh but pirated versions of the game may be able to run it" once again so what? pirated versions of the game can also run any other mod in existence from the nexus or this very forums.
And guess what, even if it was illegal, it would be a result of TW's lacking communication and development process.

TW stands idle and has yet to communicate a single word on this. If you, as a company, want to avoid piracy or similar concerns, you need act assertively and communicate openly. Only then can it be minimized.

What happens now is TW doesn't communicate anything and they basically let people discover possibilities people TW is so vague about everything. People aren't gonna be waiting for 2050 to play proper online mode..

w5bnFgL.png

I think my logic is still correct in this case. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but just because you think some people are buying the game to play with friends and this mod enables some multiplayer/online, doesn't necessarily mean that mod is "basically supporting piracy".
He is not changing something inside the core game illegally to make it available for pirated games. He is adding something else into the game. As I said, it's independent from the game in theory.
Some might say I'm giving people chance to do CK3 like actions in Singleplayer with my mod. Am I supporting piracy as well? Because you can use it without original Bannerlord and you don't have to buy CK3 at all if you this satisfies you. I'm encouraging people to commit double piracy maybe?
You might say they are not the same, but they are actually the same thing, tech-wise. You are just favouring the MP in this case and that's subjective.

Ah, this might be problematic. Having Patreon for support is fine but having patreon and giving away "items" can be an issue. Especially if those items are un-claimable by others.

It is the same tech-wise, I do agree 100%. I totally understand where you are coming from.
Let's leave it there and let people make their own opinions :xf-grin:

It is the same tech-wise, I do agree 100%. I totally understand where you are coming from.
Let's leave it there and let people make their own opinions :xf-grin:
But as you also mentioned, techwise or not, if TW decides the pull the plug, they can do that - it's their game, their engine after all.

I think the most logical thing TW can and should do in this case is not blocking the mod in any way and simply posting something about this in social media and be done with it. With this way they would show that they are supporting "mod" community and creative ideas. Being *****y about mods won't work out good for this company - especially there is a fact that Bannerlord exists only because Warband modding community brought all the DLCs and exciting features/kept interest up for ages.

While I do agree that selling in-game items for real money is overgoing, I think the developer of this idea deserves his well earned Patreon support. If TW is smart they reach out to this guy and inform him they are grateful for what he is doing, but they cannot tolerate any in-game item sales for real money: this goes too far. Reaching out to this guy might help them in a way or two as well. Failure to do so will be embarrassing for TW to say the least. They have decided to stand by some values which they should actively try to enforce, not doing so is like saying everyone can do as they please since we are not going to take action anyways.

It must be said that it is quite likely that TW will take this mod down alltogether. We have witnessed first-hand many scenarios where TW's self-worth resulted in negative impact to the overall development of the game. Consider the heavily-debated class-system, where TW entirely disregarded mass community feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if TW chooses the wrong path on this too. Let us pray they act intelligently for once.

Taleworlds would be completely within their rights to shut this down, and pirated clients being able to play, and breaches of monetizing policy only aggravate the original offense, which is evil reverse-engineering for evil purposes by evil people.
It's surprising how many here would embrace criminal behavior when it suits them, damages someone else (typically a big bad company), and then try to rationalize this with flimsy moral justifications.

Now, a smart thing for Taleworlds to do in the aftermath of shutting this down, is to set a date for custom server release (something sooner than Soon). This would both appease the mob and pre-empt further cases of hacked Bannerlord servers spreading across the internet.
Everybody (and not only evil haxxorz) would start making persistent worlds and all of you will be very happy grinding with your friends and getting banned for racism and then writing unconvincing unban requests. :smile:

Taleworlds would be completely within their rights to shut this down, and pirated clients being able to play, and breaches of monetizing policy only aggravate the original offense, which is evil reverse-engineering for evil purposes by evil people.
It's surprising how many here would embrace criminal behavior when it suits them, damages someone else (typically a big bad company), and then try to rationalize this with flimsy moral justifications.

Now, a smart thing for Taleworlds to do in the aftermath of shutting this down, is to set a date for custom server release (something sooner than Soon). This would both appease the mob and pre-empt further cases of hacked Bannerlord servers spreading across the internet.
Everybody (and not only evil haxxorz) would start making persistent worlds and all of you will be very happy grinding with your friends and getting banned for racism and then writing unconvincing unban requests. :smile:
The developers note that the game requires a licensed copy of the game. Regarding patreon, the team is currently reviewing subscription bonuses so as not to violate the license agreement. Everything is done to ensure that everything is according to the rules as much as possible.

I couldn't believe it untill I see some streamers playing it. This mod has potential if they manage the process well. I'm not sure if the developers are trustworthy, I have no idea who they are. Is there any further information about them? There is not much info on their website.

I couldn't believe it untill I see some streamers playing it. This mod has potential if they manage the process well. I'm not sure if the developers are trustworthy, I have no idea who they are. Is there any further information about them? There is not much info on their website.
They made a COOP mode for bannerlord, what more info do you need to trust them ? They did more for the community than Taleworlds at this point.

What are the damages? I don’t see monetary damages in this case and copyrights aren’t in violation. Breach of the terms and conditions of game usage may be the only issue, but that’s civil not criminal.

What are the damages? I don’t see monetary damages in this case and copyrights aren’t in violation. Breach of the terms and conditions from the usage of the game may be the only issue, but that’s civil not criminal.
The damage would come from allowing pirated clients to play. But I don't know if this actually happens on their servers or not. Some said yes, now some say no.
Otherwise, the only damage is circumstential in moving players away from official servers, if Taleworlds somehow benefits from players being there.

Back
Top Bottom