Bannerlord Online mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I've no doubt even the hype from this will die off, and when it does and people have to go back to a crammed and stuffy multiplayer like the native experience is, they won't bother, they'll go play something else.

The silence from Taleworlds on this mod and whether it is totally legal for them to continue is worrying though.

I've no doubt even the hype from this will die off, and when it does and people have to go back to a crammed and stuffy multiplayer like the native experience is, they won't bother, they'll go play something else.

The silence from Taleworlds on this mod and whether it is totally legal for them to continue is worrying though.
They’ve been in contact with Storm already, though the details of the conversation are not yet known...

The fact they’re happily continuing probably means TW have said they’re not gonna stop it. Lots of probably’s but it’s the best we can infer from the lack of response by TW. Interesting that they’re happy for this to go ahead but were so adamantly against MisterOutOfTime’s custom server mod.

Is this worth reinstalling for? Any large-scale pvp battles happening? Looks promising!
Largest I've personally fought in was around 60 vs 50-ish, but it gets bland real quick because the only enemies are looters and the occasionally event enemies spawned in by the dev so all you see is horse archers and heavy inf smashing the poor looters :sad:

But yeah it is a very promising mod and worth reinstalling imo

[...] Interesting that they’re happy for this to go ahead but were so adamantly against MisterOutOfTime’s custom server mod.
This really pisses me off. How much progress could have been made if they hadn't closed that platform; it was a pipe that drained litres of pure combat system feedback. It really saddens me how Moot's work was censored.

---
As for the online mod; it has set a milestone. Personally to this day it doesn't arouse enough interest for me to venture into the gameplay experience. What surprises me, like many others is that a one man army has done all this alone... the comparative differences are abysmal in terms of mod vs Taleworlds...and that is beyond my comprehension :roll:.

The mod has crazy potential but there are several things that in the current build will drag the game down in the future. I am aware that it's a 1-man project but for the sake of discussion these are the things that I believe will kill the mod if they are left like they are now:

1) Travelling times are extremely drawn and boring. If I dont want to stay in Zeonica and move to a less crowded part of the map there are 2 things that happen. a) I run away from looter hordes and b) looters run away from me. Which is a bit boring
2) The servers cant handle 1200 players. The lag yesterday night was too much. In TW servers, I personally play with 60 ping. In Bannerlord online, I get killed in arena and I dont even see animations, or they go through my block like it's nothing. Mind you, this is on the EU server.
3) If the limited gear that is sold on traders since yesterday is a 'realism' concept and is here to stay, I won't even bother. I won't stay and camp a trader for x minutes to spawn a weapon or a saddle, nor I will travel to other cities for the sake of buying 1 thing. I could not find a single quiver of arrows yesterday because it was out of stock constantly in all cities I visited.
4) The farming is fine when you first enter the game. It's immersive and cool to see so many players working hard as if they're playing stardew valley but the system is broken because of those who camp the wheats with a sickle and long-dragging animations. These animations are not satisfying in any way because TW apparently cant hire a decent animation, but still. It would be interesting to see if they will try to implement all the concept jobs from the main game like blacksmithing, weaveries, sheep herding etc.
5) Not exactly sure why they could not even provide some profficiencies, the AI attacks fast and hard hitting, yet the player feels like a sack of grain to move and attack.

All in all, the mod has impressive potential and it could easily overtake native because it could offer everything a mount and blade fan asks, unlike the native MP that is a total disaster. I still remember some dev in beta forums saying ''everyone who has played our mp loves it, they absolutely love it'' so TW cant be trusted to fix their thing any time soon.

#removeclasses

Last edited:
The comparative differences are abysmal in terms of mod vs Taleworlds...and that is beyond my comprehension :roll:.
If taleworlds wanted to do this themselves they most definitely could. Their mount and blade vision probably just doesn't involve multiplayer as much as players would want. The small amount of Devs working in multiplayer is a testament to that.

It's a shame really lol, there is so much potential in this kind of concept. I hope this solo Russian guy can pull it off, but I doubt things like desync in pvp will ever be resolved even with good ping.

It's a shame really lol, there is so much potential in this kind of concept. I hope this solo Russian guy can pull it off, but I doubt things like desync in pvp will ever be resolved even with good ping.
Really don't think he will add pvp in near future, desync is so bad that you can go through peoples blocks and sometimes even though you hit an enemy first(for like 90 damage) he doesn't get staggered and hits you back at the same time.

The mod has crazy potential but there are several things that in the current build will drag the game down in the future. I am aware that it's a 1-man project but for the sake of discussion these are the things that I believe will kill the mod if they are left like they are now:

1) Travelling times are extremely drawn and boring. If I dont want to stay in Zeonica and move to a less crowded part of the map there are 2 things that happen. a) I run away from looter hordes and b) looters run away from me. Which is a bit boring
That has to be maintained like that to fit the "real time" of the combat. They will likely fiddle with looter speeds though it takes up to 10 minutes to catch a party some times. (Also there is a catch up mechanic looters will slow down gradually when being chased)
2) The servers cant handle 1200 players. The lag yesterday night was too much. In TW servers, I personally play with 60 ping. In Bannerlord online, I get killed in arena and I dont even see animations, or they go through my block like it's nothing. Mind you, this is on the EU server.
It's more of a combat desync issue, there isn't proper lag in other parts of the game.
3) If the limited gear that is sold on traders since yesterday is a 'realism' concept and is here to stay, I won't even bother. I won't stay and camp a trader for x minutes to spawn a weapon or a saddle, nor I will travel to other cities for the sake of buying 1 thing. I could not find a single quiver of arrows yesterday because it was out of stock constantly in all cities I visited.
They are not done yet, they are hoping for a fully fledged player economy. They are adding items as events right now so that when "trading license" is added people will set their own prices depending on how rare things are.
4) The farming is fine when you first enter the game. It's immersive and cool to see so many players working hard as if they're playing stardew valley but the system is broken because of those who camp the wheats with a sickle and long-dragging animations. These animations are not satisfying in any way because TW apparently cant hire a decent animation, but still. It would be interesting to see if they will try to implement all the concept jobs from the main game like blacksmithing, weaveries, sheep herding etc.
Everyone gets money from farming, yes the harvesting part is the least effort but if you did everything else you will get like 80% of the money still. If you want it all find a village on the edge of the map where you can do it alone and only plant 6 at a time.
5) Not exactly sure why they could not even provide some profficiencies, the AI attacks fast and hard hitting, yet the player feels like a sack of grain to move and attack.
That's the base game lol. Try playing singleplayer in arena and watch dudes sprint across the map at you while you have 0 athletics and move like a slug on velcro.
All in all, the mod has impressive potential and it could easily overtake native because it could offer everything a mount and blade fan asks, unlike the native MP that is a total disaster. I still remember some dev in beta forums saying ''everyone who has played our mp loves it, they absolutely love it'' so TW cant be trusted to fix their thing any time soon.

#removeclasses
You got that right.

Thanks and congratulations to the Bannerlord Online team for having successfully revived the Bannerlord multiplayer without any help, but rather by themselves having to burst through the restrictions set and giving us a purpose to play together with others again whilst we impatiently wait for TaleWorlds to release their custom servers for the rest of the community, so that we can more efficiently host regimental/clan events, role play servers, jailbreak servers and whatever else remains in WB/NW.

PmZQLe0.jpg
EKXIEId.jpg

Thanks and congratulations to the Bannerlord Online team for having successfully revived the Bannerlord multiplayer without any help, but rather by themselves having to burst through the restrictions set and giving us a purpose to play together with others again whilst we impatiently wait for TaleWorlds to release their custom servers for the rest of the community, so that we can more efficiently host regimental/clan events, role play servers, jailbreak servers and whatever else remains in WB/NW.

PmZQLe0.jpg
EKXIEId.jpg
on god i saved that pic, tw should be ashamed

The mod in its current state is merely a fad in my opinion. I am kinda surprised how serious people get about this mod like the amount of tears about missing out on good loot during events and such, but that's also something I don't really like about the mod currently. This kind of daily event driven gameplay can be described as nothing but a crutch to string people along until the mod has more features and broader gameplay. This isn't meant as a damning criticism or anything, I love this mod, the idea and what might come off it although there probably already are hundreds of different opinions on where this mod should be heading this daily event bs isn't it.

The mod in its current state is merely a fad in my opinion. I am kinda surprised how serious people get about this mod like the amount of tears about missing out on good loot during events and such, but that's also something I don't really like about the mod currently. This kind of daily event driven gameplay can be described as nothing but a crutch to string people along until the mod has more features and broader gameplay. This isn't meant as a damning criticism or anything, I love this mod, the idea and what might come off it although there probably already are hundreds of different opinions on where this mod should be heading this daily event bs isn't it.

Fair enough, but it came at an ideal time when the community can't even practise for scrims because of crashes and stuff. If anything it says a lot about it that the content is barebones but people would still rather go there and **** around than play on Siege or something.

ypSF2WA.png

3000 more people playing than the same time last week. Imagine if this had been publically advertised and created by TW.

3000 more people playing than the same time last week. Imagine if this had been publically advertised and created by TW.
Might have something to do with the fact that a lot of people are apparently logged out of the native multiplayer and can't log back in. Including me. I had some hope when a staff contacted me asking for Steam profile link, but I got neither a reply or a fix after sending it. It's been a few days.

I was overjoyed when I found out about Bannerlord Online, but I did get bored by the travel speed, lack of enemies, and lack of equipment to buy. I understand that it's still new tho. I'll come back later when it's more polished.

#removeclasses
i going through every city in the map.... EVERY ONE,
and i cannot get a quiver.... no quivers none... its frustrating
the fact that you can pay to get a sword, shield, and a mount is frustrating,
i would give money to a succesful pvp world that does everything that taleworlds has failed on, but im going to wait until pvp happens and its good,

in the mean time this is still more fun then playing native arrow filled COD mp....
not that COD is bad, i just want a melee game

Back
Top Bottom